Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• Welcome jwill008. I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the WRX that you are interested in will cost to lease. In order for me to do so, I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (including the destination charge) and its approximate selling price. Make sure to tell me how long you want to lease it for and what mileage allowance you need as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • The msrp is 25620, the selling price is 21999. i am looking for a lease that is 3 or 4 years. preferably 4 to spread the negative equity out. and a mileage limit of 12000 a year. thanks
  • Hi Carman,

Thanks for the info. BTW, the MSRP is $34,400 and the selling price is $32,300.
  • sidzsidz Posts: 4
    Hi, If anybody can tell me if a lease of 250 per month for 36 months all tax included is a good deal for an 07 subaru impreza.I would appreciatte your input.
    Hi, If anybody can tell me if a lease of 250 per month for 36 months all tax included is a good deal for an 07 subaru impreza, 2.5 automatic.I would appreciate your input.
  • Thanks for the additional information, jwill008. OK, so you are interested in leasing a base 2007 Subaru WRX Sedan with an MSRP of $25,620 and a selling price of $21,999 through Subaru Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $293. The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease would be $288. If you were to roll half of the negative equity that you have in your current car, $3,000, into this car's capitalized cost, its 36 month payment would increase to around $384. Its 48 month payment would increase to around $358.

Are you sure that you really want to lease your new vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year. I believe that you mentioned in a previous post that the reason you are so upside down on your current vehicle is because of the high mileage that you put on it. Rather than having a repeat of this problem with your next vehicle, you would be better off leasing with 15,000 miles per year. Increasing to 15k won't make that much of a difference in your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're welcome, carnutz3. A base 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STi has a spread of $1,877 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $2,100 on this car. This is probably right around dealer invoice once the optional equipment is taken into account, which is a good deal. Using the prices that you mentioned, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax, 42 month, 12,000 mile per year monthly payment would be around $428. As you can see, even if it includes tax the payment that you were quoted for this car is a little on the high side. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Subaru Finance's current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year lease money factor and residual value of .00255 and 58% to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi sidz. At first glance, the monthly payment that you mentioned looks attractive. However, I will be able to give you a much more detailed analysis of this deal if you provide me with this car's MSRP, selling price, and mileage allowance and tell me exactly what version of the Impreza you want. Let me know and I will tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • saru1saru1 Posts: 1
    Hi--
    I need some good advice. I'm a long-time Impreza driver and about to sign my 1st lease for an '07.

Specs:
    $18,620 MSRP (VT dealer)
    Trade-in on '05 Impreza RS (30K miles): $11,900.
    '05 Payoff quote: $9400
    Lease: $288 down, $215 a month, 36 month, 45,000 miles.
    Includes a sunroof (to be installed by dealer).
    Residual: $10K

Can I negotiate this down any further?

If you can get back to me by tomorrow, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Thanks for your reply,
    Its an 07 impreza, 2.5i, msrp was put by the dealer of 19,000K with a residual of 11,700, zero down, 12k per year mileage, all of which comes down to a monthly payment of 248/month. I already signed it up. Is this a good deal?
    I would appreciate your reply.
    Thanks
  • Hi saru1. Since you have never leased an Impreza before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The most important numbers to focus on when leasing are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. Make sure to find out both of these numbers before finalizing your deal. If you let me know what the selling price is I would be happy to give you my opinion of it. For now I can tell you that Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're welcome, sidz. The MSRP is a good starting place, but you really need to find out this car's selling price before finalizing your deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you don't know what a good price for this car is, you may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for one by visiting the following discussion: "Subaru Impreza & Impreza WRX STI: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I wanted your input before I even hit the Subaru dealer, so here it goes. I found an 07 sti I liked- this is the info I have on it so far:

Msrp $35,359
    Invoice $33,134*
    Annual mileage 12,000/yr or 1,000/month
    down payment $2500

Vip employer discount*

The next part gets tricky, but here it goes. My credit is terrible- I'm actually going through a bankruptcy right now and have to find another vehicle to purchase since my old one broke down and isn't worth fixing. I do have about $2500 for a down payment and my employer offers a Subaru VIP program discount (dealer invoice price). I also have a co-signer with good credit (high 780 range). Will a co-signer lower my interest rate? I was looking to lease between 3 and 4 years. I once heard that Subaru will not under any circumstances finance to someone who has a bankruptcy on their credit history- is this true or will a co-signer help? I've also seen companies online who claim to work nationwide to get anyone financed at the best rates possible- do you have any experience/thought on this? Thanks
  • glevittglevitt Posts: 30
    Hi Car_Man

Curious if you know what the lease program is for March for a Impreza WRX Wagon. I can find a program for the i wagon and work backwards to the money factor, but I can't find anything for the WRX. I am thinking either a 24-27 month lease or 36. 10-12k mi/year. If you have some rough figures I could put into a model that would be great. Many Thanks!
  • thefinzthefinz Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Car_Man's numbers of .00135 and 59% are still accurate. I am looking at leasing an '07 2.5i Impreza Wagon with a MSRP of $19701.00 and a selling point of 17641.24.

According to my calculations on this should put me at somewhere around $217 a month. I'm looking at going out and pricing very soon, but I want to know if my estimates are accurate. I'm looking in the range of a 3 year lease at 15k mile per year.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
  • Car_Man,

Looking to check and see if the .00135 and 59% apply to current deals on the WRX regular edition and the special edition. If not do you know what the current rates are?

Currently being quoted at 56% and .0024 for 15K/year with a 36 term.

Thanks for the help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi frankfrank. Dealer invoice is a good price for a 2007 Subaru WRX STi. I am not personally all that familiar with Subaru Finance's credit requirements, but the fact that you have a co-signed definitely can't hurt. It is difficult for me to say whether you will be approved to lease this car through Subaru's captive finance company. Unfortunately, given the fact that you are going through a bankruptcy right now, there is a very good chance that you will not. If you don't qualify, you may want to consider paying cash or making as large a down payment as you possibly can on a used decent domestic car, like a Ford Taurus. By spending as little as possible on your new vehicle you can use the money that you save to get your finances back in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi glevitt. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon through Subaru Finance right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00280 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00245 and 55%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi thefinz. Subaru Finance's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 59%, respectively just like they were last month. Using this lease program and the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $19,701 and a selling price of $17,641, I estimate that this vehicle's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $207.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey tornadoredr32. This car's numbers are right around what you were quoted. Subaru Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan are .00245 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum