Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• stygz1stygz1 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased a 2.5i auto with dealer installed spoiler 0 down 255 month 36 months 12000 miles. all tax and registration included.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    In light of that, the offer I got for $189/month for an automatic wagon ($500 more MSRP than the sedan) with about $1700 total upfront including 7% sales tax and aobut $300 license fee (sales rep said he could work with me on the cap cost reduction of $360 though) looks pretty good.
  • msolomonsmsolomons Member Posts: 10
    The MSRP on the 4 door sedan standard transmission WRX with the premium package is $26,350. We just received a quote for $300/month with $2000 down for 36 months and 12,000/year, not including tax and registration It seems to be a good rate but I'd like some validation; I know that Subaru is offering incentives this month on many of their cars.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Mary
  • coast2coastcoast2coast Member Posts: 13
    Hi CarMan,

Thanks for all the great info.
    Looking for most recent money factor and residual on 2008 Impreza WRX Sedan with Prem. Package. 24 month 15k and 36 month 15k.

I just started seeing all these ads for Subaru lease deals - Thanks! :surprise:
  • coast2coastcoast2coast Member Posts: 13
    SPECIAL LEASE OFFER* ON 08 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX (8JO)
    Now through August 4, 2008 - $249 per month for 36 months with $999 due at lease signing. $0 security deposit. Tax, title and registration fees extra. Other leases available on other models. Cannot be combined with any other incentives.

Lease is 10k miles a year.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Good deal, likely because a lot of people know the 09 will get a few upgrades. Check the Inside Line blog for details.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi msolomons. I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you looking for Subaru Finance's current money factor for this model? If so, its current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 WRX Sedan with the Premium Package is .00110. It is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on this car that is compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    No problem coast2coast. Here you go. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Impreza WRX Sedan with the Premium Package and 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 64%, respectively. Its 36 month numbers are .00110 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    Car_man,

Can you please give me the residual and MF on 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5-Door w/premium & automatic for 24/36 month and 12/15K? I need it ASAP. I have the following offer:
    MSRP: $20,970
    Sale price: $18,769
    24/12 - $326
    36/12 - $270
    All taxes & fees included (~$600 tax, $595 accusition, $299 dealer fee and TTL).
    Only first month due at signing.

Thanks.
  • msolomonsmsolomons Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking at the '08 Subaru Sport and the dealer has offered me this deal which doesn't seem that good to me, especially as it includes the $500 dealer incentive.

MSRP: $22,164 (car includes some extras I don't care about like all weather mats, auto-dimming mirror, cargo net but this is what they have on the lot)
    Purchase price: $21,417

$1500 cash down includes taxes (7.5%), fees, destination, etc.
    $300 for 10K miles with $12,411 residual
    $309 for 12K miles with $12,190 residual

I'd probably take the 12K miles even though I only drive about 10K a year but I fear running over and the cost differential is negligible. There's a 50/50 chance I'll buy it out at the end of the lease but I just don't know what is going to happen with gas mileage, hybrids, etc., in the next three years.

All advice welcome!

Mary
    Hi ursus. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5-Door Premium with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00075 and 57%. The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dhollydholly Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

I have a 2006 2.5i sedan in NY coming off lease with Chase soon. While not my first auto lease experience, it is my 1st Sube lease. I'm curious what to expect at lease end, particularly with regard to the "excess wear and tear" provision.

Just how 'picky' are they likely to be? I have my fair share of dings and dents, plus a few paint scrapes on the bumper covers. Any set rule of thumb, ie., max # of door dings, or no dents larger than a credit card, minimum tire tread etc.? If tire wear is an issue, do replacements have to be the same size as oem? If the car was delivered with all-season tires can one hand it in on a set of winter tires?

You get the idea. If you've been whacked for 'excessive' wear and tear on a Sube lease, please detail exactly what it took.

Thanks
  • russkixrusskix Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

Can you please give me the residual and MF on 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5-Door for 36 month at 10K and 12K miles? I have the following offer:
    MSRP: $18,160
    Sale price: $16,761
    36 mo. / 12K miles
    MF .0006
    Residual $9804 (54%)
    Advertised special is $1499 down (+$595 acquisition, no tax) for payments of $159

The residual is the only thing bothering me as it seem a little low.

Thanks.
    Here you go, russkix. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00060 and 54%, respectively...just like you were quoted. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • zgstarzgstar Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man:
    We are very interested in a 24 or 36 month 10K, 12K, or 15K lease of a 2009 WRX 5-door. Do you happen to know the current residual and MF for this car? An old-school car salesman in Vegas quoted me 60%/57% and a MF of 0.0032 which seems rather high. Hopefully you have more accurate numbers!

Thanks In Advance!
    Bobby
    in Las Vegas
    Hi Bobby. The money factor that you were quoted is way off. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Subaru WRX Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this vehicle are .00115 and 49%. The residual values for a lease of it with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher and a 10,000 mile per year lease would be 2% higher. These are the numbers for a base vehicle. They vary slightly depending upon how it is equipped.

Car_man
    Host
  • trackwrenchtrackwrench Member Posts: 2
    Car-man,

Bobby had requested numbers for an 09 wrx whereas you reported figures for an 08. I'm also curious to see what 09 numbers are as well.

Thanks,

Joe
    Ah ha. Thanks for catching that, Joe. Hi Bobby. The money factor that you were quoted is way off. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Subaru WRX Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00305 and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this vehicle are .00280 and 58%. The residual values for a lease of it with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher and a 10,000 mile per year lease would be 2% higher. These are the numbers for a base vehicle. They vary slightly depending upon how it is equipped.

Car_man
    Host
  • josswjossw Member Posts: 9
    I wanted to get some feedback. I'm considering getting a WRX and I'm in Southern California. I need a really low lease payment and am fine with a base model. Lots of dealers here still have plenty of 2008 WRX's. With $0 down, about how much do you think I should pay per month for a 2 year, 12K lease? I've got to figure I've got these guys over a barrel since it's almost November.

How much might my monthly payment change for an 09 WRX? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Hi jossw. This car's lease payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I will work up a lease on a base WRX to give you an idea of what sort of payment to expect. If you have the specific pricing data for the car that you are interested in let me know. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2008 Subaru WRX Sedan that has an MSRP of $24,995 and a selling price of $23,142 ($500 over invoice minus the $1,000 cash incentive) through Subaru's captive finance company right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $327. The payment for a similar 2009 model would definitely be higher than this, probably at least $20/month higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    It's Thursday and that means time again for the longest running chat here in CarSpace, the Subaru Crew! The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight for another enjoyable evening with members of the Crew!
    See you there!
  • csalutecsalute Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car-Man
    Can you give me some input on this deal?

2008 impreza msrp $18,640
    my price $16609
    36 months w/15k a year
    $210/month thats with the tax included
    $403 drive off

Is this a good deal?
    Thanks.
    I'd be happy to, csalute. First let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. A base 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Sedan has an gap of around $750 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I assume that the car that you are interested in is not stripped, so we'll call it $1,000. Add to this the $500 cash incentive that Subaru is currently providing on leases of it, at least through November 3rd and you have a total of around $1,500 to play with. The $2,000 discount that you were quoted looks very good to me.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor of .00070 to calculate your car's lease payment and you're all set. Keep in mind though that the Impreza's money factor varies by trim level so if you aren't interested in a base 2008 2.5i Sedan let me know.

Car_man
    Host
  • ttraynorttraynor Member Posts: 1
    Not sure how to make heads or tails from the residual and cost factors--what I'd like to know is the bottom line lease rate for a 2009 WRX with and without premium package, 12000 miles please. Also, does this number reflect getting any/all offers/incentives/typical price negotiations and all monthly fees?

Thanks again.
    Hi ttraynor. It is very important to understand how leasing works prior to negotiating with any dealers. This knowledge will keep you from being taken advantage of. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that gives you the best price calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I can even help you estimate what sort of lease payment to expect on the exact Impreza that you want right now. All I need you to provide me with is its full MSRP and approximate selling price...or its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The pricing data is available right here at Edmunds.com over in the New Vehicle Pricing section.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • a13xmya13xmy Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I have searched all over for good numbers on Residual and MF for a 2009 4 door WRX. I'm looking for the 24 and 36 month numbers on a 10k/12k mile lease.

Looks like the dealership I am working with will not budge at 500 over invoice so I am stuck with that, so I am looking at capital cost of 25,495.

Thanks!
    Alex
  • kafenkafen Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking for leasing a 2009 Impreza 2.5i 4 dr sedan (auto). The MSRP and invoice prices listed on edmonds.com are $18,495 and $17,651.

What's the current money factor and residual value for a 36 monthes lease with 10,000 miles per year? Will they be updated anytime soon? Thanks a lot.

Kafen
    Hi Alex. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2009 Impreza WRX Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00305 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00280 and 62%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

$500 over invoice is a pretty good deal for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Kafen. Here's the info that you're looking for. Through 1/2/09, Subaru's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Impreza 2.5i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 64%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 dealer cash that Subaru is currently providing on it into account. With this cash, you should be able to negotiate a selling price of around dealer invoice without too much trouble.

Car_man
    Host
  • Naren8Naren8 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

The respone that you had for Kafen was really helpful, do you have Subaru's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24month lease with similar variables (base 2009 Impreza 2.5i Sedan with 10,000 miles)?

I'm torn between a 24 & 36 month lease.

Would the numbers change if I changed to 12,000 miles per year?

Appreciate the help!

Naren
  • mjallen37mjallen37 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I live in the Sacramento area, and the AutoWest Subaru dealer has a special this weekend, a sign and drive lease for the 2009 2.5i at $159/mo + tax, 0 down, 36 mo, 10K per year. This was the best deal I have seen yet. The money factor was .0016, the residual was 11,400. Bumping up to 12K per year was $171/mo +tax, and 15k per year was $181/mo +tax.
    I picked up a blue one yesterday, and we love it! :)
    I;m glad that you found my previous post useful, Naren. Unfortunately, Subaru is not currently providing support on 24 month leases. As a result, you would be much better off going with the special lease money factors that it is providing on 36 month leases.

Subaru's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mjallen37. What a steal. The Impreza is a great car for only $159 per month with nothing down. Talk about cheap. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • ajfitzerajfitzer Member Posts: 30
    Car man I am at it again! My 06 7 Pass Tribeca Limited with Nav lease is ending (2 months left) and Subaru is sending me my lease loyalty letters. According to the letter from Subaru Motors Finance, if I lease another Subaru, they will waive the first payment, waive the security deposit, and waive the disposition fee as part of lease loyalty. I figured since I only have two payments left, I would start shopping. I am downsizing, as we recently bought a 06' CPO Sienna for the family, and do not need the 15 MPG I get with the Tribeca. We want the AWD and reliability we get from Subaru, but feel the Impreza hatchback should be a good enough 2nd car, and the lease prices are usually in line with our budget.

I started getting quotes already, but cannot get a consensus on the residual. Apparently, the MF is .00260 on the 5 door (vs .00160 on the Sedan). The residual has fluctuated from....

I have seen sale prices of $18,300 from one dealer who is giving me .00260 MF, and a 60% resid for 36 months, and 55% for 42 months.

Another dealer has the sales price at $20,247, .00260 MF, but a 56% residual for 42 months.

What is the residual on this vehicle and is the MF different for the sedan than for the 5 door?

Thanks again! Keep up your amazing work and happy holidays to all!

Fitz
    I also had an offer on a left over 2008 Impreza 2.5i Premium package, $21,250 is the MSRP (I did not get the sale price) but the dealer is asking for $288.51 including tax for 36 months and 10K miles per year, with a total of 1,000 due at delivery payment includes all taxes and fees. He included my final two lease payments on my Tribeca. Thoughts?
    I am told that 20,026 is invoice than he gets 800 in hold back making the net cost 19,226. Then they are selling it at 19,700 less the 500 rebate so price is $19,200. Do the numbers add up?
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Car_Man,

What are the current lease numbers for the 2009 Impreza 2.5i models, 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year? I was wondering if their is a difference between the base, Premium, and the 4 door vs. 5 door? Thank you!
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    I was quoted .00260 mf and 56% residual on a 12k lease for a sedan or 5 door WRX. These rates seem high to me, bu the dealer quoted these as buy rates. I was quoted $200 over invoice (without asking) on a premium sedan. These seem like greatr cars, but I would be new to Subaru - coming off a long line of 3 series leases. I like the idea of all wheel drive, and like many others, am trying to scale back. Any tips or insights on these rates are greatly appreciated.
    Hello?? Carman?? Are you there? Can you please give me the MF and resid #'s for the2.5i 5 door premium, the 2.5i 5 door, and the 2.5GT.

Thanks-
    Adam
    Welcome back Fitz. Here's the info that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Impreza 2.5i Premium Wagon are .00220 and 57%. The numbers for the 2.5 GT Wagon are the least attractive of the three at .00280 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi djhalptert. All of the versions of the Impreza that you mentioned have slightly different lease programs. Here is the 36 month, 10,000 mile per year numbers:

'09 Impreza 2.5i Sedan: .00160 / 64%

'09 Impreza 2.5i Wagon: .00160 / 59%

'09 Impreza 2.5i Premium Sedan: .00220 / 64%

'09 Impreza 2.5i Premium Wagon: .00220 / 59%

Car_man
    Host
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    Thanks. Would you happen to know if the WRX sedan mf is still at .00260?
  • jnkohjnkoh Member Posts: 37
    I have been going back and forth with several dealers and this seems to be the best deal so far.
    This is for a 2009 Impreza 2.5i auto.

Sale Price $17,395
    Total out of pocket: $1203 which includes DMV fees, bank fees, lease acquisition fees, 1st month payment.

My calculated monthly payment with tax 202.79 per month
    Dealers calculated price 208 per month, not sure why there is an extra 5 bucks, unless they added gap insurance into the payment or something.

Another dealer says they will match the above offer and give me a $500 gas card. I already asked if I could skip the card and take another $500 off the car, but they said no,

So how does the deal sound? The only thing I don't like is the lease acquisition fee whcih they said subaru sets and they have no control for $595.

I was planning on getting it tomorrow, but we are expecting a lot of snow, so I may wait until next week.
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Seems like a very good sale price. A base Impreza auto MSRP's for $19,190 and has an invoice price of $18.346. Your dealer is nearly $1K under invoice. Unless there is a rebate putting that number so low I'd pull the trigger on this one. Let us know all the final numbers.
  • ksprkspr Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I' am planning on leasing a Subaru Impreza. I got to know the money factor and residual value for a 2.5 i and 2.5 i premium for 36 months from your previous posts. It' ll be great if you can let me know the same for a leasing period of 24 months - 10, 000 miles for both 2.5 i and premium.
  • matarotmatarot Member Posts: 2
    Could use some good advice. I lease a grey '07 manual Impreza w/custom sunroof. 30K miles w/45K built-in for 36 months. Buyout today is $13,500 and need to buy/trade by 1/6/10. Tires are getting worn and "barely passed" (in the words of the dealer) inspection today, though they told me 3 months ago that I still had 12,000 miles left on them.

Should I buy a new set? Trade-in car early (by summer?) It burns me that I may have to replace tires before trading. I drive less than 10,000 a yr now. Live in VT.

Is it worth doing an early buy-out? Should I sell privately?

I'd like a new BMW convertible next yr--another Subaru if the BMW doesn't manifest!

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated--I'm a 1st time leaser. Happy so far but haven't gotten to the trade-in part!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Maybe they were trying to sell you tires?

Go to a tire store and have them check it out... If it needs tires, buy them now. At least that way, you'll get some of the use out of them, instead of driving on worn out tires for another year...

Don't base your next buying/leasing decision on a set of tires...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• matarotmatarot Member Posts: 2
    in this climate, probably!

thanks--
  • mamamia2mamamia2 Member Posts: 707
    2009 Impreza 2.5i hatchback auto.

$0 down, max. 10,000 annual miles, all taxes and fees included, no "hidden" fees like end-of-lease fees involved ------ bottom line $219 a month.

Is this the best I could do, do you guys think?
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    I like the 5 door WAY better than the sedan. The only bad thing is that the 5 door has a residual of 5% less than the sedan. It equates to over $1,000. Probably would affect your payment by more than $30 a month. Not to mention the fact that the 5 door MSRP's for $500 more than the sedan. $1,500 difference.