Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• conger14conger14 Posts: 25
    I think if you can, you get hit with a bunch of fees. Unless you really don't like the car and want to get out, I think its usually best to wait it out. Another option might be leasing a different vehicle but again I think you get nailed with a ton of fees for closing out a lease early. I guess it depends on how close are you to ending your current lease? I'm sure a little research or a quick phone call would give you the best answers.
  • dvon1981dvon1981 Posts: 2
    Sidz,

I actually was just talking to my dealer about this. This was the response I was given which makes sense to me.

"There is currently a buyout for your lease, you would want to compare that number with your car's wholesale market value i.e. what we will pay you for it.

If you were to say "I want out of my lease right now" you have 2 options....

1. Make ALL your remaining payments and give the car back

2. Trade the car.... if the difference between the trade in value and your buyout is less then the total of your payments this would be a better option."

So basically you need to find out your buy out price and go from there
  • thedorkthedork Posts: 10
    Hi,

Anybody knows what is the current Subaru lease program ( money factor and residual value ) for Impreza 2.5 2007 wagon - auto or manual?

I want to lease a manual for 36 months/$0 down/12K miles/year?

I know the new model will be out soon - so the price should be pretty low - there was a price in the paper $15800.

Thanks,
    Thedork
  • thedorkthedork Posts: 10
    Thank you Carman! I hope you did mean - 2007 not 2006
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello Jeremy. Let's work up a lease payment on the car that you're interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon that has an MSRP of $25,927 and a selling price of $24,500 (I backed out the $1,000 cash incentive because it is not compatible with the WRX's special lease program) through Subaru Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $373. The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease would be around $352.

The payments for otherwise identical 36 and 48 month leases of the 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon with an MSRP of $19,299 and a selling price of $17,500 are $220 and $234, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi Thedork. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • johnh7johnh7 Posts: 67
    Any lease numbers out yet for the 2008?

5 door Premium package 3 years 10,000 miles
  • I'm also curious on 2008 money factor and residuals. Interested in 2008 2.5i hatch w/ sat nav package. 24 and 36 month info 12k miles/year
  • rallyfanrallyfan Posts: 36
    KEARNY MESA SUBARU IN SAN DIEGO HAS A GREAT LEASE 139 A MONTH 2250 DOWN 2K BACK
  • Car_man,

Do you have the August buy rate lease money factor and residual for a 2007 WRX STI? 36 month, 12k/yr.

Thanks
  • mvc1mvc1 Posts: 1
    Looking for info on what I should pay per month for a Impreza 2.5 Auto sedan Lease and any other info I could get about Impreza. This lease is for 3 years 12000 miles each year. Also what would be the buyout price.
  • I have found a 08 impreza wrx. Its list is $28,095. Could someone help me out with the money factor and residuals for sept 07?

thanks
  • Yes, I have seen the lease program for the all new 2008 Impreza, johnh7. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with the Premium Package and 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey dvon1981. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Impreza Sedan with the Sat Nav Package and 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, maddogmurphy. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STi with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mvc1. Your lease payment for this car will vary depending upon how you want it equipped and what selling price you are able to negotiate on it. You can look up the MSRP of the exact model that you want by visiting the Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You will find its dealer invoice price there as well. You can use the invoice price to estimate how much you should pay. If I was in the market for a leftover '07 Impreza, I personally would shoot for a price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the $1,000 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Once you have this car's MSRP and selling price, you can use them along with its lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Impreza 2.5i Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 59%, respectively. If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price, I can use these numbers to estimate your payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, mooseman923. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Subaru's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Impreza WRX Sedan without the Premium Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00260 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thks - we ended up paying 276 per month on a 5 door with the premium package for 42 months and 10,000 miles. Not sure if it's a great deal, but my daughter likes the car and I'm not sure shopping this one would have produced substantially better results.
  • Hey guys,

I'm trying to lease 2008 WRX 5dr with automatic. It comes with premium package. The dealer is saying that he is giving it to me for invoice. The terms are:

$0 at sign in.
    36 month
    10,000 miles
    $485 a month including tax
    I'm in Los Angeles 8.25 tax

Does this sound right to you. Seems high to me, but I'm not giving any down payment so maybe as good of deal as I can get don't know. Wanted to lease this weekend, but now don't know. :cry:
  • I'm looking into leasing a 2008 Impreza 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A).

Invoice price $18,273
    $0 down at sign in
    12,000 miles
    I'm in Amherst NY... 8.75 tax
    36/42/48 month lease (whatever gives me lowest price)

What would be my approximate monthly payment?