Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_man,

regarding lease buy rate money factors, are they standard across the board as long as a buyer qualifies for a lease OR are the money factors dependent on someone's credit score?
  • ericmdericmd Posts: 3
    Car_man,

Can you post the October Subaru lease rates when you get them? I'm looking at a 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5-door Premium with the automatic. This would be for 36 months and 10,000 miles a year. Thanks.
  • Car_man,

Can you post October MF and residual values for
    2008 Impreza 2.5i 5-door for following:
    24 months / 15K miles
    36 months / 12K miles
    36 months/ 15K miles

Thanks for your help.
  • Hey akaplan1. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal. It would be much easier for me to evaluate it if you were able to provide me with this car's MSRP and selling price first. These are important numbers for anyone who is considering leasing a new vehicle to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing these numbers, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on the car that you want. They also enable one to use Subaru's lease program to estimate what their monthly payment should be.

Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi mikeogo. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on this car for you using Subaru's current lease program. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. I can always just assume a certain amount over the invoice price that you helpfully provided if you don't have a selling price in mind. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi clarrkkent. Some banks use a pass / fail system where consumers either qualify for their special lease program or they don't. Other banks have tiered lease programs with money factors that vary by credit score. I believe that Subaru Finance uses the pass / fail system, but I am not 100% positive.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, ericmd. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, mersadk. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2008 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00160 and 57%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man

These are the numbers that a dealer gave me for the 36-mo lease 12k/yr on 2008 Impreza Wagon Premum: money factor 0.0019 and 60% residual. When I questioned the money factor number he replied that the 0.00160 number (as per your post) is for the non-premium model only.

Is his information correct, or yours??

Thanks
  • jvostjvost Posts: 31
    I wanted an inexpensive, reliable, AWD car for my kids and this car seemed to fit the bill; I leased this car from a Denver dealer at the following terms:

MSRP: $17,640.00
    Discount: $ 710.54
    Discounted Price: $16,929.46 (inc. D&H of $399.95)
    Acquisition Fee: $ 595.00
    Capitalized Cost: $17,524.46
    Downpayment: $0
    Sec. Dep. $0
    Miles: 10K/Yr
    term: 36 Mos.
    Money Factor: 0.00190
    Residual%: 63%
    Payment: $232.50
    (B4 sales tax)

All in all this seemed like an ok deal considering my only out of pocket was the first month's payment of $232.50. The high residual of 63% and the reasonable MF of 0.00190 made for a low payment.

I wanted the Premium Package, but that increased the cap. cost $1500 and decreased the residual to 61%. That would have increased the payment $53.65/Mo. to $286.15, and I didn't judge it to be worth the extra.

Every dealer I contacted quoted MF of 0.00190 on 36 mo. deals; if there's a 0.00160 rate out there as quoted in this forum I couldn't find the car and/or terms on which it was available.

By the way, the sedan had higher residuals than the hatchback. On a 36 mo. 10k deal the residuals were 59% for the base model and 58% for the premium package.
  • doug_tdoug_t Posts: 22
    Not sure if the November #s are out yet, but if anyone has the residuals and money factor for a 2008 2.5i w/ premium package I'd be grateful. Looking for both 24 and 36 month terms, for 10k miles (12k if no 10k available). I am primarily interested in the hatchback, but would be curious to know if there is a difference with the sedan.

Thanks!

- Doug
  • This dealer is offering the 2008 impreza 2.5i 5 door with preminum package for 500 below invoice which comes out to 19431 + tax/lic/docs fee. Is that a good deal? Or should I wait for teh price to go down more?

Thanks
  • Subaru has a bunch of lease deals going on this month with the left over 2007 imprezas. Can someone post the November numbers for the residual and money factor on a 2007 2.5 i Auto for the:
    36 10K
    36 12K
    39 10K
    39 12K
    42 10K
    42 12K
  • Car_Man,

Can you tell me what the December Lease numbers are on the :
    Impreza 2.5i 5dr Wagon Premium and the impreza 2.5i 5 Dr wagon with nav ?

I spoke to a dealer today who told me the Residual was 57% which seems about right.

Thanks in advance
    Tony
  • I'm not sure what the actual numbers break down to, but I was able to get a 24 mo. lease, 12,000 mi/yr with $2500 total out of pocket down for $168.50/mo. Does this seem fair?

it was on the base model, 5 spd, only option was the spoiler.
  • Can anyone tell me the Money Factor and Residual for the 2008 WRX STi for 24 month and 36 month leases at both 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year?

Thanks.
  • Carman/ Kyfdx,

Here's the lease offer from a dealer i got today for a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Dr Auto with Premium and VDC.

MSRP: $28,797
    Purchase Price: $26,591
    Edmunds Invoice Price: $26,317

Option 1) 36 mos, 15k/yr: $678.39 Total Drive Off, $433.64 payment including tax. $14,974.44 Residual (52%???), and 0.00150 lease factor.

Option 2) 48 mos, 12k/yr: $651.32 Total Drive Off, $406.57 payment including tax. $13,246.62 Residual (46%???), and 0.00215 lease factor.

I have a couple of questions: Can i do better on the purchase price? I have Tier 1 credit, is the residual and MF the best i can get or is the dealer marking up these numbers? Also, the lease calculator i have shows the payment should be $416.80 for 36 mos and $393.66 for 48 mos; why is the dealer payment higher? Could this be due to additional hidden dealer fees i'm not aware of?

I think i have a good offer but i think that there's definitely room for negotiation. Lastly, does VW offer any service/ maintenance plan i can try to get the dealer to throw in with the car?

Thanks so much for words of wisdom.
  • Here's the latest information, lsossen. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 WRX STi without navigation or the BBS Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00215 and 59%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi speedracerr. The selling price that you were quoted for the WRX that you are interested in looks great, provided that you are not in an region which Subaru is providing lease cash on this model. Subaru's incentives for this car vary significantly by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I should be able to tell you if there are any cash incentives available on leases of this model in your area. The money factors that you were quoted look great too. They are right in line with Subaru Finance's base lease program for this model.

I just calculated a couple of lease payments using the data that you provided in your post and I came up with $385.03 for 36 months and $363.66 for 48 months. One reason why the payments that the dealer quoted you are higher than this is they include sales tax. If this doesn't account for the entire difference, I'm not sure what would. Perhaps they are adding some fees to your car's capitalized cost.

Subaru may sell some sort of pre-paid maintenance plan, but if it does I do not have any information on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • I reside in NV but the dealer i received the quote from is in Northern CA so i dont know how the incentives apply. Based on the payments you've calculated, it appears there's a huge difference. I will have to request a breakdown on the payment. I did receive another quote from a dealer in OR with about $300 more discount on the price so i have ammunition to go back to the dealer in CA.

I was also concern about the residual since it appears a little low for 36 mos. Thanks again for your expert advice.