Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi All,

I live in the Sacramento area, and the AutoWest Subaru dealer has a special this weekend, a sign and drive lease for the 2009 2.5i at $159/mo + tax, 0 down, 36 mo, 10K per year. This was the best deal I have seen yet. The money factor was .0016, the residual was 11,400. Bumping up to 12K per year was $171/mo +tax, and 15k per year was $181/mo +tax.
    I picked up a blue one yesterday, and we love it! :)
  • I;m glad that you found my previous post useful, Naren. Unfortunately, Subaru is not currently providing support on 24 month leases. As a result, you would be much better off going with the special lease money factors that it is providing on 36 month leases.

Subaru's 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi mjallen37. What a steal. The Impreza is a great car for only $159 per month with nothing down. Talk about cheap. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man I am at it again! My 06 7 Pass Tribeca Limited with Nav lease is ending (2 months left) and Subaru is sending me my lease loyalty letters. According to the letter from Subaru Motors Finance, if I lease another Subaru, they will waive the first payment, waive the security deposit, and waive the disposition fee as part of lease loyalty. I figured since I only have two payments left, I would start shopping. I am downsizing, as we recently bought a 06' CPO Sienna for the family, and do not need the 15 MPG I get with the Tribeca. We want the AWD and reliability we get from Subaru, but feel the Impreza hatchback should be a good enough 2nd car, and the lease prices are usually in line with our budget.

I started getting quotes already, but cannot get a consensus on the residual. Apparently, the MF is .00260 on the 5 door (vs .00160 on the Sedan). The residual has fluctuated from....

I have seen sale prices of $18,300 from one dealer who is giving me .00260 MF, and a 60% resid for 36 months, and 55% for 42 months.

Another dealer has the sales price at $20,247, .00260 MF, but a 56% residual for 42 months.

What is the residual on this vehicle and is the MF different for the sedan than for the 5 door?

Thanks again! Keep up your amazing work and happy holidays to all!

Fitz
  • I also had an offer on a left over 2008 Impreza 2.5i Premium package, $21,250 is the MSRP (I did not get the sale price) but the dealer is asking for $288.51 including tax for 36 months and 10K miles per year, with a total of 1,000 due at delivery payment includes all taxes and fees. He included my final two lease payments on my Tribeca. Thoughts?
  • I am told that 20,026 is invoice than he gets 800 in hold back making the net cost 19,226. Then they are selling it at 19,700 less the 500 rebate so price is $19,200. Do the numbers add up?
  • Car_Man,

What are the current lease numbers for the 2009 Impreza 2.5i models, 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year? I was wondering if their is a difference between the base, Premium, and the 4 door vs. 5 door? Thank you!
  • I was quoted .00260 mf and 56% residual on a 12k lease for a sedan or 5 door WRX. These rates seem high to me, bu the dealer quoted these as buy rates. I was quoted $200 over invoice (without asking) on a premium sedan. These seem like greatr cars, but I would be new to Subaru - coming off a long line of 3 series leases. I like the idea of all wheel drive, and like many others, am trying to scale back. Any tips or insights on these rates are greatly appreciated.
  • Hello?? Carman?? Are you there? Can you please give me the MF and resid #'s for the2.5i 5 door premium, the 2.5i 5 door, and the 2.5GT.

Thanks-
    Adam
  • Welcome back Fitz. Here's the info that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Impreza 2.5i Premium Wagon are .00220 and 57%. The numbers for the 2.5 GT Wagon are the least attractive of the three at .00280 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi djhalptert. All of the versions of the Impreza that you mentioned have slightly different lease programs. Here is the 36 month, 10,000 mile per year numbers:

'09 Impreza 2.5i Sedan: .00160 / 64%

'09 Impreza 2.5i Wagon: .00160 / 59%

'09 Impreza 2.5i Premium Sedan: .00220 / 64%

'09 Impreza 2.5i Premium Wagon: .00220 / 59%

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks. Would you happen to know if the WRX sedan mf is still at .00260?
  • jnkohjnkoh Posts: 23
    I have been going back and forth with several dealers and this seems to be the best deal so far.
    This is for a 2009 Impreza 2.5i auto.

Sale Price $17,395
    Total out of pocket: $1203 which includes DMV fees, bank fees, lease acquisition fees, 1st month payment.

My calculated monthly payment with tax 202.79 per month
    Dealers calculated price 208 per month, not sure why there is an extra 5 bucks, unless they added gap insurance into the payment or something.

Another dealer says they will match the above offer and give me a $500 gas card. I already asked if I could skip the card and take another $500 off the car, but they said no,

So how does the deal sound? The only thing I don't like is the lease acquisition fee whcih they said subaru sets and they have no control for $595.

I was planning on getting it tomorrow, but we are expecting a lot of snow, so I may wait until next week.
  • Seems like a very good sale price. A base Impreza auto MSRP's for $19,190 and has an invoice price of $18.346. Your dealer is nearly $1K under invoice. Unless there is a rebate putting that number so low I'd pull the trigger on this one. Let us know all the final numbers.
  • ksprkspr Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I' am planning on leasing a Subaru Impreza. I got to know the money factor and residual value for a 2.5 i and 2.5 i premium for 36 months from your previous posts. It' ll be great if you can let me know the same for a leasing period of 24 months - 10, 000 miles for both 2.5 i and premium.
  • Could use some good advice. I lease a grey '07 manual Impreza w/custom sunroof. 30K miles w/45K built-in for 36 months. Buyout today is $13,500 and need to buy/trade by 1/6/10. Tires are getting worn and "barely passed" (in the words of the dealer) inspection today, though they told me 3 months ago that I still had 12,000 miles left on them.

Should I buy a new set? Trade-in car early (by summer?) It burns me that I may have to replace tires before trading. I drive less than 10,000 a yr now. Live in VT.

Is it worth doing an early buy-out? Should I sell privately?

I'd like a new BMW convertible next yr--another Subaru if the BMW doesn't manifest!

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated--I'm a 1st time leaser. Happy so far but haven't gotten to the trade-in part!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,801
    Maybe they were trying to sell you tires?

Go to a tire store and have them check it out... If it needs tires, buy them now. At least that way, you'll get some of the use out of them, instead of driving on worn out tires for another year...

Don't base your next buying/leasing decision on a set of tires...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• in this climate, probably!

thanks--
  • mamamia2mamamia2 ChicagoPosts: 701
    2009 Impreza 2.5i hatchback auto.

$0 down, max. 10,000 annual miles, all taxes and fees included, no "hidden" fees like end-of-lease fees involved ------ bottom line $219 a month.

Is this the best I could do, do you guys think?
  • I like the 5 door WAY better than the sedan. The only bad thing is that the 5 door has a residual of 5% less than the sedan. It equates to over $1,000. Probably would affect your payment by more than $30 a month. Not to mention the fact that the 5 door MSRP's for $500 more than the sedan. $1,500 difference.
    Yes, the hatchback was a little more expensive to lease, but we wanted it, not the sedan which is not only less sexy (much less sexy....) but also longer, and size was a consideration here (parking in a tight, narrow building garage).

But I'd like to know what others are thinking, based on their experience.... Is this a good deal? Should we go for it? We pay only first payment plus license plates and registration, which go to the state.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,801
    I don't think you can beat that on a hatch...

I leased the sedan because it was cheap... I'd rather have the hatch, too.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Thanks.... I was a bit surprised as to how less expensive the Impreza was to lease, compared to rivals like Mazda 3.... The guy told me Subarus keep their residual value better than other cars, these days...

I was also surprised to get this one particular dealer's prices, significantly lower than 2 other Subaru dealers in my area... He was also extremely professional and responsive to my emails, straight forward and honest, both while corresponding via email, on the phone and when meeting him.
  • The best quote I received on an Impreza 5 door was $240 including tax on a 36 month. I got a quote on an '09 Legacy Special Edition for $228 on a 24 month lease. I like the Impreza a lot but the Legacy is more car for about the same money.
  • No problem, carrerah. Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 WRX is now .00280.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi kspr. Subaru doesn't seem to be providing lease support on 24 month leases of the 2009 Impreza right now. Its 24 month buy rate for this car is an unattractive .00305. You will be much better off going with a 36 month lease and the .00160 money factor that is available for that term.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man:
    I am also interested in the Subaru Impreza on the 36 month lease.
    Can you tell us the residual for the Impreza 2.5i Premium with automatic
    for the 4 door and the 5 door? and is the .00160 money factor good on both?
  • Car man - I live in northern NJ and am looking to lease an Impreza Outback Sport with remote starter and ipod adapter. Can I get an idea of how much they sell for? Approximately what should my monthly lease payment be over a 36 month period? What might the residual be after 3 years? As a side I can't believe this car doesn't come with a sunroof. Nice car though. Thanks!
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, everlasting. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 5-Door model are .00220 and 56% (wow the resid. for the wagon is a lot lower).

The .00160 money factor is only available on base i.e. non-Premium models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi wonwayout. This car's lease payment will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. For now I will work up a sample lease payment on this car for you using an MSRP of $22,315 and a selling price of $21,079 (just under dealer invoice).

Using these prices, I estimate that this car will have a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $313.

I used a residual value of 56% (of MSRP) to calculate this payment.

Car_man
    Host