Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• I've just started to get the WRX bug. I've been doing a lot of looking online trying to figure out descent lease deals or what I might be looking at on the leases for the WRX's. I'm in the orlando florida area. I've seen residuals anywhere from mid 40% to high 50%. The same thing with lease factors, ranging from .001s to .003s. Does anyone have any clue what is the most accurate for my area. I just want to try to be the best informed before I really start trying to work a deal. I also want to make sure I can afford one before I get too in love. Any help is great. Thanks
  • How's this sound:

08 STI s/BBS package
    MSRP: $37,682
    Sale Price: $35,980
    MF: 215
    Residual: 52%
    Cap Reduction: $1,000 ($2,000 drive off)
    Term: 42 month
    Payment: $543.64

Anybody get a lower MF or Sale Price?
  • 2008 Impreza STI Lease QuestionCar_man,

What's the residual and money factor rate for 2008 Impreza Sti
    (10k, 15k, 20k)milage per year
    (24,36,48 months) money factor and residual value.

Thank you,
    Lee
  • passat_mxpassat_mx Posts: 32
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the money factor and residual for the WRX four-door sedan, manual transmission (XJO model), for 36mos, 15k miles per year? Are there any lease cash incentives? I'm in So. California.

Thanks.
  • katmandu2katmandu2 Posts: 10
    Just saw a TV ad and the Suburu website.

Both show an Impreza being available for $179/Month w/$978 Down.

Is this realistic or just a TEASER Bait and Switch ad ??
  • randylfrandylf Posts: 12
    I was looking at a WRX today, and here is what they worked out for me.

10k/yr and 42 month lease with a MF of .0016 and a residual of 60 -

This is with 1500 down -

The cost of the car was 25,669 sticker, and they discounted to 23,786, which came to 25,637 with tax, title, license.

Does this sound okay? I told them I wasnt planning on keeping the car after, so they planned my residual around that, does this look right?
    Well, without the guidance of the lease prophets, I did my homework, shopped around and ended up leasing a 2008 wrx today.

MSRP was 26,566 - It was the non premium, with a rear spoiler, s1 sports trim, auto dim mirror, and shift knob.

I ended up doing 22,356 sale price with a 24k mile, 2 year maintenance warranty for oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

It was a 42 month lease, w/ 1500 down, and 272/mth payments, with a residual of %59. Also,It was a 12k per mile lease.

I think I got them pretty rock bottom on price, but would like some feedback.

Thanks for the help everyone.
  • passat_mxpassat_mx Posts: 32
    Hi randylf,

Congratulations on your new ride. The sale price sounds great. I'm still waiting for the numbers from car_man before deciding to pull the trigger. Would you mind sharing the money factor you got?

Thanks.
    The money factor was .0016 and I have a 730 Fico, and im only 21 haha.

I think I managed to get a pretty good deal, and most importantly, I love the car so thats really all that matters.
  • I agree with you. Anyone tried to see what this is all about? I am really interested in getting an impreza and this might be my chance to get one!

Car_man,

Could you please tell me what the current MF and residual values are for 10k and 12k for 36 months? Thanks. I am in Anaheim, CA. And is it really possible to lease an 08 impreza for $179/month(+ tax)???
  • 64221306422130 Posts: 41
    There are some great 24 mo deals on the base 4 door impreza. Does the 5 door models have the same residual % and money factor? Also are the rates as favorable for models with premiun pkg and nav?
  • dtsyvinedtsyvine Posts: 1
    Hello everyone:

Can someone help out? I am currently leasing 2005 Subaru Impreza 4dr sedan with auto transmisison. I would like to lease another Subaru--2008 Impreza 5dr hatchback with premium package (MSRP $20,846).

I am currently paying $200 per month. Two questions:
    1. How do I estimate the residual value for my 2005 Impreza?
    2. What is a reasonable monthly payment for the 2008 Impreza that I would like to get?

Thanks so much.
  • budahkanbudahkan Posts: 7
    Hi, I would like to know the current (May 2008) Money Factor and Residual for the Impreza Wagon.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here you go, gigoypotpot. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2.5i Wagon with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00075 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi budahkan. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • whtcldjdwhtcldjd Posts: 1
    hi car man,

i've never leased a car before so, i'd really appreciate your help & input. i'm still learning about leases so bear with me. i'm in southern california & looking to lease a 2008 impreza 2.5i 5-door w/ sat radio, nav, vdc & automatic transmission. i want a 3 year lease for 12,000 miles/year. the msrp is $23,212, invoice is $21,883, and i've been quoted $20,883. i think mf is .00075 and residual value is 52%. with $1200 down, i'm told it's $289/month. does this sound right? is it a good deal? how do you make the monthly payment go lower? is there a way to increase/decrease mf & residual values? thanks!
  • quadringquadring Posts: 20
    One month ago, I leased a silver 2008 Impreza WRX 4 door, manual trans, sport grille, auto dim mirror, tailpipe tips, sticker price was 25,500. I wrote a check for 979.00 (750.00 down plus first month's payment.) Payment is 229.00 per month, 24 month lease, 10K miles per year. The deal is for real.
  • azbriankazbriank Posts: 10
    Any WRX #'s for May/June??

5sp & Auto?
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Posts: 115
    You'll have to post all the numbers. Especially the Cap Cost, any fees, tax rate. etc. Just by the MSRP, RESIDUAL, SELLING PRICE & DOWNPAYMENT, I am coming up with a monthly payment of about $234 per month. Of course that is before sales tax which you didn't specify.
  • fleasfleas Posts: 1
    So I got a sales manager to tell me that Subaru gives them extra dealer $ to get people into 24 month leases. He told me $500. They lease thriugh Chase at .0324 annual rate. Then he offered me two deals. Both were for a basic 4 dr Impreza sedan, auto, 24 months, 10,000 miles and a down payment equal to the first month payment of 199 (that includes 5% sales tax). He used a residual of 72% . Then I asked him to include the $1,500 prem pack and he quoted me 199, same terms except the residual went to 74% b/c of the package.

Then I e-mailed another dealer and he quoted me $245 on the same deal for $165 above. Does this sound familiar to anyone?