Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• Here you go, birdstrike1. Subaru's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

You're right about the inventory situation. After posting several consecutive months of amazing sales results, Subaru has not had any problem selling out its leftover models. Technically this is a special lease because the above money factor is better than Chase's standard factor on Subarus. It's difficult to say whether Subaru will enhance its lease program on the '10 Forester. My gut tells me that they probably won't improve the current lease program much because they are already knocking the cover off of the ball sales-wise. Why add support if sales are going so well? Having said that, it's difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, Chris. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 48%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, opencars1. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 3.6 Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you, Car_man!
  • You're very welcome, ccasey1.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man, can you give me the current lease #s for '10 legacy 3.6r limited with 15k miles/yr. 36 month. thanks
  • Hi ohgolfer76. Subaru's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,
    do you have the numbers on a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium, m/t, 24 months, 25,000 mi/yr?
  • does anyone have the numbers for a2010 2.5i auto 12,000 mi/yr
  • newgsnewgs Posts: 29
    Car_man,

Do you have the 2010 Legacy i Premium residual % and lease money factor for October, please - 36 months/12,000 mi. Auto transm?

Are November numbers available yet for the same terms above?

Thank you.
  • Just today I went to a dealer in NY and got these numbers for October (36 months/12,000 mi/yr)
    Legacy 2.5 Premium (Auto): Money factor 0.0011; residual 57%
    Legacy 2.5 Limited: Money factor 0.0019; residual 56%
    I hope it helps
  • cbat1cbat1 Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man:

Can you please post the November residuals and money factors for the 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited for 36 months at 12K and 10K miles per year. Thanks for your help.
  • I certainly do spitfire36o. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 56%, respectively.

I provided you with the 36-month program for this car because Subaru is no longer providing support on 24-month leases. As a result, the money factor for a two year lease would be triple what it is for a three year lease.

Also, I provided you with the 15,000 mile per year residual value because that is the highest mileage allowance that Subaru publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It should be less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • xhcxkid, Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Legacy 2.5i with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi newgs. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00110 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello cbat1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 55%, respectively.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • szn1szn1 Posts: 12
    Carman,

Do you have the lease numbers for Legacy Premium for December?

Thanx in advance.
  • Hi Car-Man

Do you have the residual and money factor numbers for a Legacy 20010 Ltd. 12,000 per year and 10,000 per year?

Thanks. BTW, been following your posts. You are great!
  • hi
    I've got an 07 legacy wagon that's coming off lease on the 20th. I've been looking at a VW tdi golf wagon, and V50 volvo, but I don't know if I can afford the lease or buying. Things are not real great money wise due to the economy. And since there isn't a new legacy wagon, at least not in north america (the UK has a beautiful one, thank you Subaru! :mad: )
    anyway, my buy out is about 15,500. The car has almost 80thousand km on it, which is about 8 thou over my limit. It's had a bit of front end work done, due to a little fender bender, so it's not worth the 15 and a half. Do you think that I could make an offer for a lower amount to buy it out? Do they consider those things, or are they adamant that you pay in full. It'd be cheaper to try and make payments on this amount than on a new car, and I don't want a sedan, nor the forester, since it gets worse mileage than the car I have. I like the legacy I have, and feel that might be the best and cheapest way out, but the car isn't worth the residual. Any good ideas on how to approach them? Would I have to get financing from a bank to buy it out?
    thanks, I'm running out of time here, and the other cars, nice as they are, are too much money.
    I appreciate the advice.
    cdndriver
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I can sympathize...

...but that may be a hard sell. You're telling them you want to pay less because you didn't take the best care of (or have the best luck with) your own car.

So that's asking them to take a loss for you.

They may budge a little just to make a deal, so good luck, but don't expect miracles.
  • well, when you put it that way. :blush:
    even if I hadn't had a problem, the car has still depreciated more than the residual they estimated at the lease start. Other than the accident, I keep the car in great shape.
    I asked them the other day on the phone and the lady didn't even blink. She just said, "if you don't want to pay the price, give it back, and if you're late, we'll charge you every extra day."
    I guess GMAC needs every penny.
    I don't think any miracle will happen.
    I now need to just see if I can keep the car. My insurance is going way up, (38 years of driving with no problems, but two small accidents and they really nail you! :mad: )
    so I don't know if I can afford to keep the car. I may have to find some beater, but I'm concerned about something safe, since I drive with my family as well.
    we'll see what happens.
    thanks,
    cdndriver
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    GMAC is going to take an even bigger loss if they don't deal. Oh well.

There is a $259/month 40 month lease on Foresters now, $1500 or so due at signing. ;)
  • I certainly do, szn1. Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 56%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks winterfall1003 :blush: . Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 55%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wow; Car_Man, thanks for providing the Subaru Legacy rates. Do you also happen to have the MF and residual for the 2.5 GT Premium (the turbo) for 12K and 36 & 42 months?
  • nodonodo Posts: 1
    The lease on my present car expires 3/31/10. I'd like to replace it with a lease on a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Ltd. When do you suggest I start negotiations on the new car? Will you be able to furnish me with fairly relevent money factor and residual value factors at that time? I understand that at this time, Subaru is offering a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year for $1,700 down and $330.00 per month for a 2010 Legacy Ltd. Is that a good deal? What about "no money down" ?
  • djwchadjwcha Posts: 6
    Do you have the Lease rates for Jan. for a 2010 Legacy Prem & Legacy GT Limited 36mon 15k? thanks
  • You're welcome, epiech. Here's the latest info for you.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease of this vehicle are .00100 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi nodo. If I was in your situation, I personally would probably start seriously negotiating for a new vehicle at the beginning of March. There's no reason to waste any of the remaining payments on your current vehicle by getting a new one a month or two early.

Subaru's current lease program is only scheduled to run through February 1st, so it's difficult to say what the lease program will be like on this model in March. I would be happy to fill you in on the details of the program if you check back with me then.

Car_man
    Host
  • I certainly do, djwcha. Here you go. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.