Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• I leased a 2010 Legacy in Oct. Be very aware of substantial steering issues on this vehicle. I suggest test driving on the highway at least 65mph and look for wheel vibration and drifting where u must constantly correct to keep the car in a straight line. If no issues ensure that the car you test drove is the car you will be getting..
  • jojoriosjojorios Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease a Legacy 3.6R Limited with Nav/Sunroof with 12k miles for 42 months and got a quote for $380 with $1700 down. I know that if I wanted to make the deal final i could probably get it little lower. Does that seem like a good value or have people gotten it for less? I know the Nav/Sunroof option is very hard to find, at least in my area (NYC).
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jojorios. I always find that the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

If I was in the market for a 2010 Legacy, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice give or take.

You really should find out how much the dealer is trying to charge you for this car. If you find out, let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jojoriosjojorios Posts: 2
    Thank you for the response. I placed the order on the car. These are the details I have so far:

42 months/12k miles
    MSRP $32,423
    Selling Price: $30,499.00 (Supposedly $99 over invoice as per my BJ's auto discount)

With $1700 down and taxes upfront I'm looking at about $360 a month they said. The problem is that I have to wait 3-4 months. Now someone told me that it seems really low and it might be a way of them trying to get one of these car into their lot. Since I won't know exactly how much I will pay a month until the car actually arrives at the lot it may actually go up into the $400 range.
  • gperrgperr Posts: 126
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the April MF & Residuals for the following:

36 months 12k miles for:

Legacy 2.5i Premium
    Legacy 2.5i Limited
    Legacy 3.6R

Thanks

gperr
    Hey gperr. Here you go. Subaru's April lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Limited are .00120 and 56%.

The numbers for a 36 / 12 lease on a base Legacy 3.6R are .00120 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • njaudi1njaudi1 Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man!

Can you please give me April MF and Residual for a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited for 36 months and 12,000 miles?

Thanks!
  • krothmankrothman Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the April MF & Residuals for the following:

36 months - 10K and 12k miles for:

Legacy GT Limited

Thanks
  • foxdad67foxdad67 Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    This question has been asked and answered for the 12k per year lease, I would like to know the the MF and Residuals for a 15k limit for the 2010 Legacy 2.5i limited.
    Thanks!
  • jaredapjaredap Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I am fairly novice at this lease thing. I will be returning an old subaru off lease and leasing a new legacy premium 2.5i, After doing some calculations with 7% city/state tax and residuals (thanks carman) with a good truevalue sale price of 21,400 and a 36 monther I come out to $283 as a reasonable price (nothing down). Is this a good price to aim for on the lease or should I go lower. Thanks.
  • cyndal4cyndal4 Posts: 1
    Due to multiple paperwork issues with my lender, I haven't gotten plates for my leased car. The lease is up in June, and I don't want to drop $450 for 2 months of registration, but I don't know what the penalties are for expired tags, or if there are any. Does anyone know?
    Here you go, njaudi1. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, krothman. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey foxdad67. Chase's 15,000 mile per year residual values for Subarus are 1% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello,

Can you please provide the May MF & Residuals for the following:

36 months - 12k miles for:

Subaru Legacy Premium

Thanks
  • montess454montess454 Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Just got a quote for a Legacy GT-Limited MSRP $ 32,633

36 month / 18000 mile/yr Lease
    Due at signing
    Only $380(plus my state sales tax on $380) ......then $380(plus my state tax on $380) per mo. for 36 months

Good deal? Supposedly discounted car to $28,300 then had an add'l $2500 factory step rebate on GT model.

Not sure of residual or finance rate utilized for this term/mi lease. Any help?
    I am guessing 49% residual @ money factor of .00143
    Here's the information that you're looking for, james_river. Subaru's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00070 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jlmarsjlmars Posts: 2
    I'm trying to determine what the June 2010 money factor and residual are for a Legacy Premium w/ manual trans and all weather package (10,000 miles, 36 mth). Thanks!
  • lionmilklionmilk Posts: 14
    Dear car_man,

Would you able to give June MF and residual for 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT and also for the same Limited model?

What would be the price range for a 3year, 10k/year, 7.75% tax rate (zip 44115) cars like this with current financials?
    Hello jlmars. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy Premium with a manual transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00110 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, lionmilk. Subaru's June lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 68%, respectively (wow what an amazing residual value).

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that info over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    68%?!

Deal down and that's one cheap lease!
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Posts: 34
    edited June 2010
    Car_man:

If you would, how does this change if you change the mileage to 12k?

What are these values for the 2010 model? I'm hoping to find a dealer with stock, and save some money on getting a leftover. Wondering also what I can expect to save on a leftover!

The money factor seems awfully high for a lease (not doubting your numbers, sir, just making a general observation). In doing the calculations for other cars, the highest I've seen it is 3.36%.

Damn, 68% residual is making me seriously consider the Legacy right now! Thanks very much!
  • my_lgtmy_lgt Posts: 2
    Hi-
    Can you provide me with the June money factor and residual for a 2010 and 2011 Legacy 2.5GT Limited - 36 months, 15,000 miles. I'm in New England (sometimes told by salespeople that dealing with Subaru of New England has different variables than with SOA).

Thank You-
  • rslocumbrslocumb Posts: 1
    Car man...could you please provide money factor and residual for 2010 legacy 2.5i premium CVT for 36 months and 15K miles. thank you
  • cfkidcfkid Posts: 9
    I'd be interested in these numbers too. I'm not in NE, but I'd like to see the national numbers. Of course, the numbers are going on change on the 1st, so it may not really matter. Thanks
  • my_lgtmy_lgt Posts: 2
    I'd like to edit my above request and request the numbers for July when they are available.

Thanks
  • cfkidcfkid Posts: 9
    Well, since we haven't had a reply yet, I talked to my dealer. Being a VIP member, it was relatively painless to get residual and money factor. Residual on the 2010 GT Limited is 47% for 36 months and 45% for 39 months. The Money Factor is 0.0010 or 2.4%. Sorry, I forgot to ask about the 2011's but the residual is probably higher as well as the money factor.
  • jpmiller99jpmiller99 Posts: 50
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please give me the July residual & money factor for a 2011 Subaru Legacy Premium 5 speed for 12K miles per year, for a 36 month lease?

BTW, how do you have access to this information, and is this something that anyone can get?

Thanks for your help in advance...
  • jpmiller99jpmiller99 Posts: 50
    In addition to the above, can I have the residual/MF for a 2011 Legacy Premium 2.5 i with CVT for 12K/year 36 months?

thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.