Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• chuck68516chuck68516 Posts: 195
    Every trim of the Legacy has $1,500 lease cash.
  • Wow chuck! Way to go above and beyond!! Thank you! I will check them out as well and keep playing with the numbers.

Thanks again!
    Philip from World Class Subaru sent me an email and said he can lease a Legacy SE MSRP $23,342 for adjusted cap cost 18,936.00 (including $595 acq fee).
  • What do you say in your e-mails? That's the same guy who gave me the original offer. I may just pay you to go buy me a car!! :P
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi z2adambomb. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy GT without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 48%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to use the $1,500 cash incentive that is available on it to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I just filled out the request more info box on their websie. Just told them I had a couple quotes and asked if they could match them. He sent back a reply of yes he could match it. This was on stock# 227556.
  • kjikji Posts: 1
    Does anyone happen to know the current residuals and money factors are on the 2.5i SE's for:
    24 mnth 12k/15k
    36 mnth 12k/15k
    Hi kji. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy 2.5i SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 54%, respectively.

I didn't mention the 24 month info because Subaru is no longer providing support on two year leases. As a result, it doesn't make sense to lease one for that short a term.

Car_man
    Host
  • IagoIago Posts: 4
    Car_man,

What's the current money factor and residual for a 36 month lease on a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited?

12k miles/year.

Thank you!
    Hi Iago. Subaru's May lease program is scheduled to run through today, June 1st. I can give you an idea of what it is like right now. If you want to know the specifics of the new June program please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days.

Subaru's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 48%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • szn1szn1 Posts: 12
    Car_Man, do you have the MF & Residual #'s for June, or are they extending the May #'s? I am trying to ink a deal in the next few days!!!

Thanx for all of your help!
    Hi szn1. Yes, I have the June numbers. Just tell me what exact Legacy you're interested in, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need and I'll get you the info that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • ausdtechausdtech Posts: 37
    Hi Car_man,

Could i get the numbers for a

Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition manual transmission

2/24 and 3/36

Thanks!
  • mikemartinmikemartin Posts: 205
    I'm getting PMs and emails from people asking about the dealers leasing the Legacy 2.5i automatic for $199/month with $0 down.

Anyone know which dealers are offering this?

As the 2010 will be here soon, and there are a lot of '09s left to clear, I'd assume these deals can be pushed better.

Thoughts? Info?
  • stktraderstktrader Posts: 4
    I have been asked about this deal as well by other people. I think the deal is over. I bought my SE at Frank's irvine subaru almost a year ago, and the ad was on their website, but now it is gone. I haven't called a dealer, so I can't confirm for sure. I hope they offer a similar deal when my lease is up next july on the 2010, the legacy is a great car, better than the accord, and altima put together..
    If it's based on MSRP, it should still be viable, as Fitz and some others have the special edition 2.5i for $18,790 including destination, and that's an automatic.

I know residual factors into play here, but I can't see how the residual on an auto special edition (with Harmon Kardon stereo) 2.5i will be any less than the ones before.
    Okay, so far I've gotten offer of true $0 down, sign and drive - in fact, dealer makes first payment for you - for $199/month for 36 months w/$300 disposition fee for new 09 Legacy 2.5i MANUAL, and $219/month for the automatic.

Both are special edition. They wanted $229 for the automatic, and then knocked $10 off per month.

10,000 miles per year - working on getting them to 12,000 per year as they want 10 cents a mile above 10,000 pre-paid.

10,000 miles isn't many.

There were a LOT of Legacies on their lot.
    Test drove a Legacy.

Fit and finish was decent. Suspension was okay.

Acceleration was abysmal.

Front and back sear were compact size - seriously, and the trunk was very small.

The Accord, Camry, Mazda6, Malibu and even Fusion dwarf the Legacy.

The Legacy is literally the size of a Corolla. No wonder they're upsizing it in 2010.

Test driving a car is essential.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The 05-09 Legacy was the same size as the outgoing Acura TSX and the old Mazda6, i.e. a bit smaller and sportier. Wheelbase and overall length were all close for those 3.

The small size didn't stand out until the last model year, simply because those competitors were updated a year ahead of the Legacy.

The Corolla uses a compact torsion beam suspension design shared with the Sienna minivan, clearly they put a priority on space and packaging over handling (like you said, go test drive one, you'll agree).

The Impreza got a much longer wheelbase so it basically occupied that slot, so it made sense to up-size the Legacy.

Drive a 2010 - a couple of early impressions I've heard were both very favorable.
  • cmv131cmv131 Posts: 1
    Just leased an '09 Legacy 2.5i SE in Diamond Gray in PA...Would have rather waited for more 2010 incentives, but wife didnt like them as much (too manly looking she said..lol)

36 mo, 12,000 -- $270 / mo with $0 out of pocket (all taxes and other fees rolled into that price...35 payments as 1st is payed by subaru).

How'd we do?
This discussion has been closed.