Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• nbvailnbvail Posts: 2
    Has anyone leased a new spec.b? If so how much a month?
  • Car_man,

I would really like the following lease numbers for the Legacy GT Limted Sedan: the LMF and Residual % for 24 months, 12,000 per year, and for 36 months, 12,000 per year (MSRP of $30,195 and selling price of $28,000). Is there some other lease term that has more compelling terms than either of these?
  • Hi Car_man,

When you have a chance, please see post #24. I could really use the numbers for the Legacy as I'm trying to figure out whether to buy or lease it. I've found a dealer willing to sell at $25,600 now (still $30,195 selling price). Thanks!

Ben
  • Here you go, belvette. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition Sedan through its captive finance company right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00250 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car should be .00210 and 48%. If you were to lease an '06 Legacy 2.5i Limited Sedan for 24 or 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its numbers should be .00240 / 61% and .00190 / 50%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Subaru Auto Finance publishes residual values for. I am not sure how much it charges per additional mile, but your dealer should be able to tell you.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi benji123. Here is the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Sedan through Subaru Auto Finance right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00240 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00200 and 50%. Subaru's most attractive money factor for this model is for 48 month leases. Its 48 mo., 12k numbers are .00175 and 41%. That's an awful long time to lease a vehicle for and the residual value is a little low though.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you help me with the current money factors and residuals for a 2006 Legacy GT Limited Wagon? I'm interested in 24/36 month terms at 12K miles/year.

I'm in Alabama.

Thanks!
  • harriganharrigan Posts: 13
    Thankless job here, Car_Man, so thanks a bunch for helping all of us out. I too, of course, am looking for some info on what the current residual and money factor should be on an 06 Legacy GT.

One Colorado dealer has quoted me the following...

For 36 month / 12k miles--
    Residual: 50%
    MF: .002
    Monthly Payment: $455
    Due at Signing: $537.50

For 36 month / 15k miles:
    Residual: 49%
    MF: .002
    Monthly Payment: $463.34
    Due at Signing: $545.84

For 48 month / 12k miles:
    Residual: 42%
    MF: .00175
    Monthly Payment: $407.37
    Due at Signing: $489.87

For 48 month / 15k miles:
    Residual: 40%
    MF: .00175
    Monthly Payment: $419.65
    Due at Signing: $502.15

Have to admit I'm a little leary of a 48 month lease with the warranty being 3/36...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here you go, worcester1. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Wagon through Subaru Auto Finance right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00210 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00190 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome, harrigan. Thanks for the thanks :shades: . If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Sedan through Subaru Auto Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00200 and 49%, respectively. The 12k residual for this term would increase to 50%. The numbers for a 48 month / 15k lease of this car should be .00175 40$, with the 12k residual increasing to 42%. As you can see, these numbers match up exactly with the ones that you were quoted, which is always a good thing.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up some sample lease payments on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Ok.. here is what I'm looking at.. probably 500 under invoice. Purchase price of 27,356. I am curious first if the 1,500 incentive is still appliable for leases.

I am looking for a few options on the leases.. all with 15k in miles.

I know they have very aggresive terms on one particular program (often 39mo). I just want to have 36 and 39 months figured. One with first payment due up front. One with 2,500 down up front.

What would the payments look like on this? And again, I want to know if those rebates count on leases.

THANKS!
    Hi shortbusspecv. Subaru is currently providing $1,500 lease cash on 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan models. If you were to lease this car through its captive finance company right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00190 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00185 and 49%. I'd be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be on this car for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
  • john7093john7093 Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Is the $1,500 lease cash on the 2.5 GT Limited a regional promotion?

I live in San Francisco Bay Area and one dealer showed me the sheet for the north western region and the lease incentive was only $500 for the Legacy GT.

Thanks
  • yogayoga Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man, it is so cool that you are more than willing to help people with their lease questions. For that, you get a big thanks.

I am looking at a 2005 Legacy GT Wagon (not Limited) with an MSRP of $28,000 in Buffalo, NY. Through Subaru Finance, what would the residual and money factor be for this car? If I were to get it for a selling price of $23,800, what might the lease payments look like for 12k/year and 36 or 48 months? Any other thoughts of wisdom to get the lowest payment would be helpful too, such as applicable incentives, etc.. Thanks again.
  • yogayoga Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm still lookin' for info, but the 2005 GT wagon is gone. Now, I'm looking at a 2006 2.5i SE Wagon MT. MSRP is $24,473, selling price is $19,800 after $2k rebate. Still looking for the 12k/year and 36 or 48 month payments, and also would like to know the residual and money factor info for this model. Thanks in advance.
    You're welcome, yoga. If you were to lease a 2006 (I don't believe that Subaru is leasing the 2005 model any longer) Subaru Legacy GT Wagon through Subaru Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00160 and 41%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $28,000, and a selling price of $23,800, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax, 36 month payment should be around $370. The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be around $314. I don't believe that Subaru is providing any lease cash on this model this month, but its dealers can earn up to $1,000 dealer cash on '06 Legacy models by hitting certain sales targets. As a result, dealers should be anxious to sell the Legacy this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • mnarowandmnarowand Posts: 3
    Hey Car_Man,

Sorry to catch you over here...would you mind swinging by the Volkswagen Touareg Leasing forum? I have a deal detailed there on which I would appreciate your advice. I need to give an answer on it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,
    Hey yoga. If you were to lease a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i SE Wagon through Subaru Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00220 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00160 and 44%. Unfortunately, the $2,000 cash incentive that you used to negotiate your vehicle's selling price is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • gluzgluz Posts: 10
    I am planning on leasing a leftover 2005 Legact GT Limited Wagon, MSRP 31570. My plan is to put 1000 down.

What would be the expected residual and money factor for 15K, 36 mos lease on a very good credit?

Thank you.

gluz
    Hi gluz. Unfortunately, Subaru is no longer leasing leftover 2005 models. If you really want to lease the '05 Legacy that you are interested in, you will have to do so through an independent bank. You probably would be better off financing or paying cash for an '05 Subaru this late in the model year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • gluzgluz Posts: 10
    Car_man, not to waist your time, but what would be the identical deal look like for the 06 Limited GT Wagon for 12/36?

Thank you in advance.
This discussion has been closed.