Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• Aloha scoobysubi. I'm glad that you enjoy these discussions so much. I see that you are considering making a very large down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

In your post you mentioned that this car has a sticker price of around $31,000, but you never mentioned its selling price. Remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. Make sure that you are being given a discount on this car. You should stop by the "Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

Subaru's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Legacy GT Sedan Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 54%, respectively.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • can you tell me the money factor and resid% on a 36 and 39 month lease, 15K/year, for Sept.

Thanks
  • Hello,

Can anyone tell me the current (Sept) Money Factor and residual on a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition (auto) 24 Months, 12k miles?

Central New York area...

Thanks in Advance!!
    Great Forum!
  • disney2disney2 Posts: 25
    looking for the money factor and residual on 2008 Legacy 2.5i limited for Oct in New Jersey. Thanks.
    legacy 2.5i limited. msrp 25240. price 22300. 36 mo. 10 k miles. 350/mo tax included. pay 1140 (1st mo, mv, doc fee, destination?) to drive off. New Jersey Thanks.
    Legacy 2.5i limited another offer: msrp 24940, price 23075
    24 mon lease 10k miles, 339.5 with tax in payment. Total out of pocket 1189 includes first month, mv, doc fee, etc? New Jersey

Am I the only one checking this forum or is nobody else buying this car?

Thanks.
  • I just got a 2008 Legacy 2.5i LTD with VDC for $268.80/month. 24 months, 10k per year. Total out of pocket of approx $1,500 (1st month payment, tax, title and bank fee). Did I get a good deal?
    newsuvbuyer--where are you located? Can you please tell me the msrp and the selling price? Your price is sooo much lower than mine! Thanks
  • Westchester county NY. Dealer was in Rockland County NY. The msrp was $25281 and selling price was $23,375. Cap cost was the $1,000 rebate currently being offered. Residual was 72% and money factor was .00234.
  • Hi backcourt. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00245 and 51%. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $750 cash incentive that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much, subaru25. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Special Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 70%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man: thanks for the info. You have been helpful
  • I'm still having trouble matching this deal. Can you tell me the dealership please? Thanks
  • I've always appreciated the help I've gotten here. Can you check my posts #98 & #99 and tell me what you think of those lease deals? Thanks.
  • Just looking around for a '08 Legacy SpecB in New England. Looking at lease rates; 12k/year, 24 or 36mo, no (or minimal options) but I think they won't be moving much off of sticker.

Whats the money factor and residual? Monthly with $0 down?

Thanks!!
  • I agreed to 307 for 24 mo 10k tax is in payments
  • hannabhannab Posts: 21
    Does anyone know the current money factor & residual values 24 & 36 months, 12K miles) for an '08 Legacy 2.5 Ltd GT manual transmission?

Thanks
  • I just went to the local Subaru dealership in Queens, NY yesterday to look at the same car. I had my mind set on leasing the car but they were trying to convince me to either finance the Spec B or lease the GT instead. They mentioned a 46% residual on a 36 month lease with 15/yr...which would cost me over $500/month with 3000 down. This was with a cap cost of 32000, which is a few hundred below invoice. Those numbers blew my mind and were way higher than the $400/month max payment i was expecting. I'm pretty sure these guys were trying to pull a fast one but I may be wrong.

Have you been quoted or gotten any ballpark numbers? I would also like to know the residual and money factor on the 08 Spec B with 15k/year on a 36 month lease.
  • Is this a good deal on the 2.5i Spec. Edition Lease. Retail is $24,345 minus dealer discount of $1,000 (for leasing) - $1,250 (customer cash) - $1,572 (dealer discount) for a total of (-$3696) off of the vehicle. Price of vehicle is then $20,649 with a 69% residual ($16978). Money Factor is .0019. Lease term is for 24 months.

Payment for 10K is $280 per month.

Payment for 12K is $291.per month

Pittsburgh, PA.
  • doug_tdoug_t Posts: 22
    That sounds like a great price on the car (which is on my short list at the moment as well), but you've left out a bit of information. Are you putting any money down? Are taxes and/or other fees (bank fee, for example) rolled into the lease? I also assume that the residual of 69% is for 12k miles, and 10k miles is a bit higher.

Plugging your #s into http://leaseguide.com/calc.htm, the monthly cost seems high unless there are fees rolled in.
  • doug,

The 69% residual is for the 10K miles. I was not provided with the 12K residual.

Taxes & other fees are included in the monthly payments.
    Assuming you have about $800 in fees (plus taxes) rolled into the monthly payments, and are not putting any money down for cap cost reduction, it all seems to add up.

Have you looked at the Limited edition as opposed the the Special Edition? It has an upgraded interior, but I'm not sure if it has the options you've added to the Spec. Edition and whether or not the lease terms are exactly the same.
  • Doug, Thanks for the info. They didn't break down all of the extra fees for me, but I thought the exact same thing, that there was atleast $800 more in there than what they were saying.

I am looking at the Limited Editions now online, being that its only about $1K more than the SEi model that I am looking at.

Do you know the MF & residual for 36 months leases by chance???
  • Happy Holidays!
    I recently came into a very small inheritance and am now able to purchase my van.
    I am just not sure if it makes sense or not.
    I own a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE which is selling locally around $33,000cdn.
    My current buyout value is $28,000 plus 15% tax and I am paying $661/mth and halfway through the lease term.
    Any thought or ideas of the pros and cons of buying this lease out early.

Thank-you kindly.

CD :confuse:
    I don't know the details but I think the 24 month program is their best offer at the moment.

I just got an offer for $280/month (includes tax) with $2000 out of pocket for 10k miles on a Limited. I do believe this was a good deal, but still more than I set out to spend. I think I can get the Special Ed. for approx $50 less per month. I am also shopping the Jetta, which also has good lease deals now.

- Doug
  • Doug,

What kind of discounts did you get on the Legacy Limited Lease. Right now, I am getting a 1250 Subaru discount and a 1500 discount from the Dealer. I want them to give me 10% off of the sticker price from the dealer, not including the $1250. The sticker price is roughly 23K for the Special Edition and 25.5K for the Limited.

If they don't accept my offer tomorrow I am going to check out the Jettas.
    I did not get into that level of detail. I had worked enough numbers in advance to get a sense of what was fair and called around to try to get a better deal. I believe that if they were willing to go lower they would, regardless of HOW they did so. I think the rebate in NJ is only $1000 and not $1250.

Anyhow, as much as I LOVED the Legacy Limited, I finally went for the Jetta SE (see my post in that discussion) since the deal was so good. Perhaps I could have gotten close to that price with the Special Edition but just wanted to be done with it already.

Good luck.

- Doug
  • what kind of deal did VW give you? I went there today and looked at the SE. $21K car, and they could not even come close to the Subaru price for a $23K subaru. I have a 1999 VW Jetta that I wanted to trade, and they gave me the lowest trade in value. Plus, VW did not want to discount their vehicle. What kind of discount did you get?? I typically go for 10% off the MSRP.
  • I'm currently looking at an Acura TSX, but figured I'd check out a Legacy GT 2.5 since they are the same price. Does anyone know what numbers I could expect to see from them? Can I go there with the numbers from Acura and expect them to work to a similar number? I'm looking to get one for about $300 a month with no more than 1,500 down. Is that unrealistic????
  • ************UPDATE************ I went to Pine Belt Subaru in Lakeood and the salesman was really nice. Gave me numbers I wanted to hear, but the 2.5i is NOTHING compared to a TSX for performance. I took out the 2.5 GT Limited and was amazed. I got them down to $2,500 down and $339 for a fully loaded 5-speed GT Limited. I don't know if I should consider this or now go back to Acura with these numbers for a TL. Problem is that this car is the same length etc. as the TSX. Just the engine is amazing compared. The Acura TSX would be $1499 and 320 a month. I want to make a decision soon. Any info would be great!!!
This discussion has been closed.