Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• ahqahq Posts: 37
    Yep, altimate is indeed referring to the *2009* Legacy 2.5i Special Edition. I've been driving my 2009 2.5i SE Automatic for a week now. Taking out the trade difference (I was upside-down by $320) that was rolled into the 24 monthly payments, I would've paid $230 per month (plus tax) for my car, but as it stands I'm paying $243 per month, plus tax.

This is a two-year, 12K miles per year, sign-and-drive lease. I only had to pay the first month's payment, title/license/registration/etc., and the $99 service fee. (It came out to about $520 up front.)

My Legacy stickered at $22,943, and aside from the $300 Special Edition package (power moonroof, power driver's seat, and Harman Kardon audio system), the only other options that my car has are the automatic transmission ($1000) and auto-dimming rearview mirror ($183). BTW my car is Seacrest Green with the cream-colored interior.
  • altimatealtimate Posts: 62
    The dealers telling me that I will be out exactly $8 up front (plate transfer fee) and nothing else Also, They will pay the first payment so the 24 month lease only involves 23 payments.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    That's a great deal!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• pilot1226pilot1226 Posts: 165
    Wow! That's awesome! I'm going to have to talk to my wife about leasing another Legacy and selling our second car, that's an awesome price.
    I should point out that the lease rates will go up next month (residual will go down) so if you want the best posssible deal I suggest you act right now.

Ironically, I may have to wait until next month because of lack of SE models in my area. My discussions with my salesman indicate there shouldn't be too much difference in the lease price as the belief is that Subaru will provide some additional incentives to offset a drop in residual value.
  • Thanks for the heads up. I am currently trying to find a dealer who will give me the same deal everyone else on here has been able to get.
  • ahqahq Posts: 37
    I have no proof to support this, but I have a feeling that the 2.5i SE lease special will continue past September 2nd. Automakers tend to publish rebates, incentives, etc. on a month-by-month basis. The $199 per month, 10K miles per year, sign and drive lease for the 2008 Impreza 2.5i 4-door has been around for what, around four to six months straight? I'm not saying that the Legacy 2.5i SE lease special will be around for that long, but don't be too surprised if it lasts into the month of September, if not longer.
  • Hey everyone,

Just got quoted on a lease and wanted to see if you thought it was a good deal.

2009 Legacy Special Edition
    Price = 21,510
    Residual = 79%
    Money factor = .00330
    2 years / 15K miles per yr
    monthly pmt = 271.11
    Upfront charges = 596.61 (includes first pmt)

This model included some factory installed options:
    - spoiler
    - extended arm rest
    - automatic transmission

Please let me know what you guys think. I would love to try to get the pmt closer to 250/month.

Thanks!
  • Thats high in my opinion. If you look through this forum, some people got the Legacy SE automatic for $230 + tax, with very little up front charges. Your offer gives you 15K, but I don't think 3K more miles per years justifies the price. Money factor is kinda high. Did they run a credit report already?
  • I just got my first offer, pretty bad. I am definately going to tell them to bring those fees down.

Cost: $20,550
    Money Factor: 0.00280
    Risidual: 78% = $18,663
    Down Payment: $215 + $595 (Aqu fee)
    License fees: $161.50
    Doc Fees: $50
    24 Months @ 12,000 miles a year
    Payment: $217 + tax

That is like $1000 up front in charges!!! When people have been getting off with barely nothing.
    I'm pretty sure the acquistion fee is rolled into the payment on the no money down lease. Hence, your $217 payment versus the $230 payment on the sign and drive.

My deal would have no license fee only a plate transfer fee of $8. Don't no anything about the doc. fee. All this stuff is just another way of charging more. Come on, an acquisition fee? What acquisition is that. In reality it's another way for the lessor to charge 600 bucks to the deal. Its become so common that people just presume its some legitimate expense. I leased my last 3 cars from 1996 to 2003 and not one had an acquisition fee. Now a days virtually every car has one. So other than being a fancy phrase to charge money I don't think it is anything that "has" to be charged.
  • 2009 Legacy Limited (standard leather, heated seats, etc) with factory installed options including spoiler, auto-dimming mirror, and all weather mats. MSRP according to the dealer is $26,645 and lease price (with tax at 7.5%, destination, processing, etc) at $25413 which we're told is $299 over invoice. Residual is 62% and monthly lease payment is $329 with $2500 down (includes taxes, fees, etc) for 36 months at 12K miles a year. This includes the $500 dealer cash back from Subaru.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance
    You don't indicate whether it is a 2 or 3 year lease. Payments usually are higher on a 2 year. Also, is there a cap cost reduction or is the $2500 strictly taxes and fees.

The residual on the Limited is significantly lower than the SE. It has a few extras for the price but I'm not sure it justifies paying that much more.

I got a quote with after market leather, XM and 15000 miles. $320/mo inc tax for 2 years with 8 dollars out of pocket. If you really want the Limited you'll have to pay a premium on a lease it would appear.
  • fin81fin81 Posts: 2
    Carman or anyone else that could help,

Today I put down a deposit for a 2009 Legacy SE lease. I upgraded to a spoiler, fog kit, splash guards, mats, and armrest extension. Can anyone review the numbers and see if they sound any good? This is for a 24 mth./15K lease.

MSRP with extras = $24,087
    Negotiated Price = $22,461 (Supposedly $100 below invoice through a deal with my employer)
    Residual = 78% = $18,787
    MF = 0.00313 (This seems very high as I qualify for Tier I credit)
    Payment = $269/mth.

I am putting $1000 down to cover taxes(8.75%) and part of the acquisition fee....which they are charging $895 for? This cannot be right. Can anyone advise me on the correct Tier I money factor, acquisition fee, and other numbers if possible? TIA
  • fin81fin81 Posts: 2
    Carman or anyone else that could help,

Today I put down a deposit for a 2009 Legacy SE lease. I upgraded to a spoiler, fog kit, splash guards, mats, and armrest extension. Can anyone review the numbers because they don't look good to me. This is for a 24 mth./15K lease.

MSRP with extras = $24,087
    Negotiated Price = $22,461 (Supposedly $100 below invoice through a deal with my employer)
    Residual = 78% = $18,787
    MF = 0.00313 (This seems very high as I qualify for Tier I credit)
    Payment = $269/mth. which includes $895 acq. fee????? and $1000 down to cover taxes(8.75%), first payment, $88 cap reduction,and $75 in DMV fees

This cannot be right and there have to be more hidden charges than the bloated acq. fee. Can anyone advise me on the correct Tier I money factor, residual, acquisition fee, and a good negotiated price on this vehicle? TIA
  • Price is high. The things you added aren't that expensive. Get the price to come down more. I would guess at least $800 more.

Residual sounds right.

MF is too high. If you are tier 1, there is no way that the MF is .00313 = 7.5%. I am tier 1 and I got like......00.0027??? Something like that, which equals almost an entire percentage point in interest.

Acq fee!!! Get that thing off. That is complete BS and let them know that it is BS.

Where are you located? Because the market for the Legacy can vary greatly. Also, maybe the MF is different across the country. Carman - Can the MF be different for different parts of the country?
  • Sorry, it's a three year lease. I know we could get a much better price on the SE as opposed to the Limited but we're suckers for the heated seats which are only available on the Limited.

I believe the $2500 down is strictly taxes and fees.

To reitererate:

2009 Limited with spoiler, dimming mirror, all weather mats

MSRP $26,645
    Purchase Price $25,413 (includes $500 dealer cashback)
    Residual $16,520
    12,000 miles, 36 months
    $329 monthly payment with $2500 down

Mary
  • HI, I'm in MA. How much to lease Forester 2.5X Premium with MSRP of 22500 for 36 mos at 12000 mi/yr? Do you know the money factor and residual to use for this car.
  • Just finished this deal. Great lease deals on the Legacy right now.

2009 Legacy SE
    5 speed manual transmission
    auto dimming mirror
    extended armrest

24 months
    12K miles/year

$400 down (includes 1st payment)
    $215 + tax / month

Residual 78%

Residual $18,XXX. Not planning to buy at end of lease, residual is too high.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    They're gambling on high residuals for sure. I hope they don't run in to the problems that Chrysler is having now.
This discussion has been closed.