Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• peterp2peterp2 Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I am looking into doing a 15k mile, 36 months lease for Outback 3.0R (9DU) with no additional option. Sticker is 32k and I would like to get it for 30k. What kind of monthly payment should I expect? What would be the money factor and the residual for this trim?

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi ts0673. Subaru's May lease program is scheduled to run through today, June 1st. I can give you an idea of what it is like right now. If you want to know the specifics of the new June program please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days.

Subaru's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback 2.5i with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 Outback 2.5i Limited without navigation are .00095 and 52%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this model, make sure to take advantage off the $2,000 cash incentive that is available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi peterp2. I can provide you with this vehicle's lease program now, but I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price to work up a sample payment for you.

Keep in mind that Subaru's May lease program is scheduled to run through today, June 1st. If you want to know the specifics of the new June program please feel free to check back with me in a couple of days.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback 3.0R without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • carlos_26carlos_26 Posts: 5
    Hi, I am being offered these numbers on a 09 OUtback XT (AT) no nav:

MSRP: 33,558
    Sales Price: 27,500
    Residual: 49%
    MF: .00175
    Term: 36Months
    Mileage: 12K/yr
    MOnthly pymt: 437 with 7% sales tax

I need to pay fees totaling about $1k (bank fee, docs, tags, etc)

Is this a good deal in NJ???

• jkendrickjkendrick Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Haven't seen you post here in awhile, can you post the current July 09 m/f and residual for an '09 Outback 2.5 SE auto for a 10K 36 month lease.

I don't have my notes with me however I think most of the numbers are accurate

MSRP $25570
    Sale Price $22070 (includes $2k rebate)
    tax/title/reg all rolled in
    sec dep waived
    first payment made by subaru
    .0015 mf (going from memory)
    51% residual
    $309 / mo w/zero down

I just started shopping, this is the first price I've gotten, I think they are close but can still do better.....Your info will help, Thanks
  • jkendrickjkendrick Posts: 2
    Car Man:

Here's what I got today, I think it's about as good as I'll get but still waiting for you to confirm their info

30K/36 month lease

2009 Outback 2.5i SE
    $25,896 MSRP
    $21,800 selling price which includes $2k rebate
    6% tax, title, reg all rolled in, no acquisition fee or sec dep
    .0010 mf
    51% residual
    $0 drive off, Subaru pays 1st payment
    $301 / month

Is their money factor and residual correct?

Thanks
  • conger14conger14 Posts: 25
    I would love to know what the current MF and residuals are as well on the 09 outback XT and the 09 outback 3.0. Also, can we get the '10 info as well for the outback XT and 3.0?

Stephen
    Hi jkendrick. I've been around, no one asked me any questions about the Outback. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback 2.5 SE with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jkendrick. Please see my previous post for the info that you are looking for. The numbers that the dealer quoted you look good.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, conger14. Subaru's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback XT without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Outback 3.0 without nav are .00135 and 50%.

I don't think that Subaru has a 2010 Outback XT or 3.0, just a 3.6. The numbers for a 36 month lease of a base '10 Outback 3.6 are .00220 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • vserenavserena Posts: 2
    Hi -- I'm thinking of buying my leased 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited. Kelley says its value is $20,000. Our purchase option at the end of the lease term, which is in one month, is $15,088 + the purchase option fee of $150. Seems like we're in good shape, right? But do you know where I can find the wholesale value of the vehicle (the price the dealer would pay to buy the car at an auction.) In other words, I'm trying to get the price down as much as possible especially in this economy and with the glut of good leased cars heading back to the stores. Any thoughts? Much thanks, V
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You can ask in the Real-World Trade-in Values thread, but I gotta say, that price is a BARGAIN. I'd keep it in a second.

Even if auction price is lower, the dealer isn't going to do all that work for free. I bet a fair price for buying it used it well above the $15k you have the opportunity to pay.
  • obxtobxt Posts: 2
    Hi ateixeira,
    I checked Manheim.com (this is a dealer auction site). There were only 6 or 7 transactions for 2006 XT limited's...

The break it down by condition of the car: Above, Average and below.

Above: $14,840
    Average: $13,200
    Below: $11,560

These numbers are based on actual auction transactions...
    Hope this helps
  • obxtobxt Posts: 2
    I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2009 OB XT. Dealer seems pretty antsy about getting the deal done by month end. They problably have numbers they are trying to make. Me, I'm wondering if I should chance it and wait until after Aug. 3rd, hoping that either financing or incentives will get better. I doubt the $3000 cash back will go away, financing may go up but I'm thinking not, that they want to unload these 2009's.

Thoughts anyone?

Also, anyone else out there getting pricing on these, what are you seeing? I'm at about invoice minus the cash back About $5300 off sticker. I think the price could be better but how much. I'm not squabbling to much because this car was very hard to find and they are going to drive to me (about a 5 hr drive).

Thanks
    Thanks.

Factoring in the fact that it's her car, so noone else has used it before and she knows the history, it should be considered Above average condition easily. Unless there's something I don't know...

Any how, if it fetches nearly $15k at Manheim, no dealer will sell you one in good condition for that amount. They recondition them and tack on a profit, so I'd expect a sales prices about $3000 higher than that, maybe $2.
    Selection is dwindling, so you may want to jump on it if you like the specific color and model.

It's not worth haggling over $100 only to lose a deal where you're getting a $5 grand discount.
  • mayjaymayjay Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how soon edmunds.com will post the latest August incentives from Subaru for the 2010 Outbacks? Thanks!
    Don't hold your breath, the 2009 Forester didn't get any rebates at all, and finance incentives only appeared about a year after it came out.

If you want a deal, get a 2009 Forester or Outback.
    Hi mayjay. Other than 4.9% financing for up to 6 years and a small amount of lease support, Subaru is not currently providing much in the way of incentives on the 2010 Outback.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,203
    Subaru won't sell you the car for less than the buyout. You might check before the lease is up if you can realize any trade in equity on an 09 or 2010. If the dealer wants your car at 16-17k and can sell it for 19-20k you have a grand or two toward a new one -- buy or lease.
This discussion has been closed.