Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• drewsnycdrewsnyc Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm considering leasing and am not sure how to tell if it's a good deal. I initially negotiated a 2.5 ltd with a few extras for $27200 including destination not including 6% sales tax (Sticker price $29154 based on truecar.com). I inquired about lease options and was told the following:

42 month 12k miles a year $1500.00 total out of pocket $425.00 a month.

42 month 10k miles a year $1500.00 total out of pocket $418.00 a month.

Are these good deals considering the sales price I negotiated? Do I need additional information to make that assessment?

Thanks for helping a newbie.
  • I think thats a terrible deal. You can get a much more expensive car with that kind of money.

I am no expert but I have found that its best not to absolutely have your mind on 1 car to buy. Look around for deals you can find. Subarus are fantastic and I love them but I went to lease a V6 Limted and it was more expensive to lease than a BMW (3 series). Subaru sometimes takes advantage of our loyalty.

I ended up with a fully loaded Maxima (many more features than the outback) for about $70 less than the outback.

Look around, outbacks are fantastic but the 2011s are coming out in July so they should give you better deals.
  • drewsnycdrewsnyc Posts: 2
    I had a feeling that this wasn't a good lease deal but do you think it's because the negotiated sale price was simply too high?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Foresters have the best residuals among Subarus (up to 62%) if you feel like getting a quote for one of those.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    No problem chavera2010. Subaru's June lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Outback Premium with a manual transmission with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're right about that, ateixeira. I was just looking at the resids for the 2011 Forester and I was amazed.

Car_man
    Host

2010 Forester lessee
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    And Legacy 2.5i Premium CVTs. Just saw that quote in the other thread, holy cow! 68% in 3 years!
  • thedorkthedork Posts: 10
    Could you please advise what price of that model I should negotiate? How low below the invoice I can go?

I am currently leasing the same one 2007 model - my deal was - $0 down, 36m, 12k miles for $281/month - would I be able to get the same deal?

Thank you!
  • dim109dim109 Posts: 2
    Hi,

Does anyone know residual value and money factor for 2011 outback 2.5 premium
    auto trans. for 36m lease 10k/year?

Thank you much!
  • carson20carson20 Posts: 1
    We are negotiating for a 2011 outback 2.5 limited with moonroof / nav package. Could you advise how low below invoice can we go, and the residual value and money factor for 36m lease 12k/year? If location is important, we are in SF Bay Area. Thank you for your help!
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Posts: 34
    edited June 2010
    Hey Car Man, thanks a lot. Mind giving me figures on the 2010 and 2011 OB Limited, for both 36 and 42 months? I'd appreciate it. Also, any pitfalls to leasing 42 vs. 36 months, other than 6 months without a warranty?

PS Has anyone leased a 2010, and gotten a break vs. a 2011? I'm trying to figure out which would be a better deal, and wondering what (if anything) they are taking off the prices on the 2010 to clear them out.
  • azfan00azfan00 Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    36 month lease is better than a 42 month lease for the following reasons:

1) more likely you won't have to replace tires / brakes
    2) likely covered by the warranty the entire time you have the car
    3) you don't have the pay registration for entire 4th year even though you'll only have it for half the year
    4) If you're not going to the keep the car, but might keep (buy out of lease) your next car, you'll start paying down the depreciation of your next car sooner (the car that you may eventually own).
  • thedorkthedork Posts: 10
    Carman,

Please help me with the MF for July ( Chase bank ) for 12k and 10k miles - 36m

The RV the dealer gave me is 58% - it seems kind oh high.

Thank you!
    Hi thedork. Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Outback 2.5i with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively. As you can see, the residual value that the dealer quoted you is correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • zolliezollie Posts: 4
    For a 36 month / 12k lease, was quoted a money factor of .00220 and a residual % of 55%. Are these consistent with Subaru's current terms?

Thanks for any input!
  • pyrexpyrex Posts: 1
    I got a quote for a 42-month lease of a Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium stating, simply:

377/month (41 payments) + $1789 down payment.

I am a returning customer in Ohio. Currently, I am still leasing a Subaru Legacy 2009 at a much better price.

Although I have tried to find out, at this point I was not told the value of the car. However, it is supposed to be at the value that was "negotiated" for Costco customers.

Please, could you advise?
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Posts: 195
    CarMan, Can you please post the latest residual and money factor for the 2011 Outback 3.6R Limited with 10K per year for 36 and 39 months? Thanks.
    Yep, zollie, those numbers are right on the money.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pyrex. The easiest way to evaluate this deal is to look at this vehicle's MSRP compared to its selling price. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, chuck68516.

Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Subaru Outback 3.5R Limited with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00195 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.