Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• ts0673ts0673 Posts: 5
    Car Man,

Hoping you can help - I am looking for the current (March 2009) Residual Value and Money Factor figures that Subaru NA is offering for the following:

Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12K/year

Looking for figures on both the '09 Outback 2.5i Special Edition and the '09 Outback 2.5i Limited.

For reference, I am in the Southeast (27608)

Many thanks!
  • lagsunlagsun Posts: 6
    I'm looking for the exact same info so any help would be appreciated. I'm in the SF Bay Area.
  • liz15liz15 Posts: 24
    I'm just ending a 24 month lease with a Legacy Limited. The dealer offered me the same car with a 36 month 12K lease at $331 with $2,000 down. When I told him that that seemed high and asked for another 24 month lease he offered me the Legacy SE for 24 months 12K at $265 with $2,000 down. He said the lease is actually $215 but he will put in the leather and heated seats that I would receive with the Limited. Is this a fair offer?

Also, I am about 4,000 miles under on the car I'm turning in. If I decide to not lease another Subaru will they still charge me the disposition fee of $300.
    Car Man,

How is this 3 year/12K miles per year lease offer I was emailed by a dealer in the SF Bay Area:

Outback 2.5i Limited with optional armrest, and autodimming mirror/Homelink:

Msrp: $29,613.
    Selling price: $24,605.
    Moneyfactor: 0.0015
    Residual is 55%
    Payment: $341 month including tax (assuming tax rate is 8.25%).
    Drive off: $654

Can I do better?

Thanks.
    I just got an even better offer closer to my home:

Msrp: $29,693.
    Selling price: $24,405.
    Residual is 55%
    Payment 328.64, including tax
    Drive off $0

Does this sound right?
  • liz15liz15 Posts: 24
    I'm hoping someone can help me with the money factor and other info needed to determine the lease price on the 2.5i limited. The dealer will not give me a straight answer when I ask him.

My current Subaru lease will be up soon and I'm trying to decide to lease the above car or an Acura TSX. The Acura does not have AWD which is the only reason I'm thinking about staying with Subaru.

Also, this is not a lease question but I was wondering if the 2009 Legacy is a smoother driving car then the 2007. I feel every bump in the road with the 2007.
  • carnut44carnut44 Posts: 1
    I am currently negotiating with a local dealer in Bucks County, PA on a 2009 2.5i Limited. So far I have a deal on the the table of 1500 down, 15k mileage, for 350.00/mo. for 36 months. where was your deal of 328.64 and was it for 15k mileage?

Thanks
    I leased the car this Saturday in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is my deal:

Outback 2.5i Limited with optional armrest, mats, and auto dimming mirror/Homelink:

3 years/12K miles
    Msrp: $29,693
    Selling price: $24,405.
    Residual is 55%
    Payment 328.64, including tax
    Drive off $0

I think the dealer used the Subaru $2500 rebate to get to my selling price and I made sure all taxes and fees were wrapped into the lease. I didn't have to pay anything to dive off. Good luck.
  • Hi Car_Man,

I wanted to know if these numbers made sense to you and if it is a good deal? I am looking at a 36 month, 12k miles per year. This invoice includes $2,000 in customer cash rebates. Should I put down any money? Can you provide an estimate of my monthly payments? Thank you so much,

MSRP: $31,613
    Negotiated Sales Price: $26,300
    Money Factor: .0020
    Residual Value: 53%
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to help you out, ts0673. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for a base 2.5i Outback Wagon are .00175 and 54%.

When negotiating your lease on the Outback that you're interested in, make sure to take the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi liz15. You definitely don't want to lease any Subaru for 24 months right now. Subaru has pulled the plug on its support for two year leases. Its 36 month program is much more attractive.

Unfortunately, the fact that you are under your mileage allowance probably will not enable you to have your vehicle's dispo fee waived if you decide not to lease another Subie.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey lagsun. The money factor that you were quoted for this vehicle is right in line with Subaru's current buy rate for it. That is a good thing.

Now let's look at the selling price that you were quoted. The Outback that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it and you have around $4,000 to play with during your negotiations. The $5,000 discount that you were quoted looks like an excellent deal to me.

If you like the vehicle, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello liz15. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback 2.5 Limited Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 54%, respectively. I had to make some assumptions on the term and mileage allowance that you are interested in. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi valuehunter1. The two most important factors on this lease, the selling price and money factor, look great. If you like the Outback, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Let's work up a payment for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Outback Limited with Navigation that has an MSRP of $31,613 and a selling price of $26,300 right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $352.

Car_man
    Host
  • Dear Car_Man,

Thank you so much for your response. Your advice is golden. My question is regarding customer cash rebates vs. dealer cash. I caught the dealer in a lie trying to tell me there were no customer cash rebates. He then apologized and said that he thought it was dealer cash which would have benefitted more since it is not taxed. Is this true? Thank you!
  • mapleflmaplefl Posts: 6
    This forum was a tremendous help in researching and leasing my new car. The numbers for my 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited in black with a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year are below. This was the best deal I found in the Southeast after negotiating with several dealers and the deal was all done via email with follow-up calls at the end:

MSRP: $29,412
    Invoice: $27,401
    Sale Price: $24,901(including $2000 cash incentive)
    Total Cap Cost (including doc fee, title, license, and bank lease fee): $26,073
    Residual: 55%
    Money Factor: .00150
    Monthly Lease: $338 ($362 with tax)
    Only 1st month's lease payment up front ($362) for drive away.
  • gmududegmudude Posts: 2
    @Car_man hoping I can trouble you with a few quick questions:

I'm looking to lease something for 3 years/45k miles (15k/year). If you could share the April 2009 buy-rate residual and money factor for:

2009 Outback (9DH) Limited w/ Nav
    2009 Outback Turbo (9DK) Limited w/ Nav
    2009 Forester (9FJ) Limited w/ Nav
    2009 Forester Turbo (9FO) Limited w/ Nav

Also curious: I had a 2004 WRX, was a 3 yr/45k balloon, and I turned it in 2007. I don't suppose I qualify for owner loyalty?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
    You're very welcome, valuehunter1. Subaru is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on the 2008 Outback. The rules for calculating sales tax vary from state to state, but generally speaking it is true that consumers are charged sales tax on consumer cash incentives but not dealer cash. Dealer cash is looked at a dealer price adjustment rather than an award to the consumer.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new Outback, maplefl. I'm glad that you found this discussion so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your deal with everyone. If you'd like, you can also hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, gmudude.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Outback Limited with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Outback XT Limited with Navigation are .00210 and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Forester Limited with Navigation are .00120 and 53%.

Lastly, the numbers for the ;09 Forester Turbo Limited with Navigation are .00120 and 54%.

When negotiating your lease on the Outback, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it. Subaru is not providing any cash on the 2009 Forester right now. It doesn't need to, Forester sales have been on fire lately.

I doubt that the fact that you leased a Subaru in 2007 makes you eligible for any available loyalty incentives.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.