Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi regdunlap. The money factor that you mentioned is right on the money for areas that have the better of the two money factors that Toyota is offering on the 2009 Camry right now. In some other regions, the Camry's money factor is higher at .00131 for Tier 1+ customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new Camry, mattnday. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • piepiezzzpiepiezzz Posts: 2
    Let me know what you think on this deal.

2009 Camry LE
    with $1,000 new grad rebate.

Base LE AT 4-cyl

36-months-36000 miles
    sign and drive $242 month.

Seems like a great deal to me but I have not done a great deal of research on this car.

Should I do this deal?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    You don't mention what part of the country you are or your tax rates, but a previous poster just signed at about 215 per month. Might not be achievable in your local geography though.
  • kultor322kultor322 Posts: 2
    want to lease an 08 or 09 , from Fitzmall. I would like SR and JBL. I'm not interested in the other options. I have contacted a sales rep who says that he can get one tranferred from another dealership, but that I would have to pay a little more. Anyone have any suggestions? Would it bve better to try to negotiate with a dealer here in Northern Virginia?
  • cl1979cl1979 Posts: 2
    Hi Matt which dealer did you get this excellent deal from?
  • mattndaymattnday Posts: 12
    Capitol Toyota Livermore, CA
  • rlh44rlh44 Posts: 2
    I am currently negotiating an LE lease in Connecticut.

Here are the numbers I have so far

MSRP 22,084
    Sale Price 20,131
    MF .0009
    Residual 13,159
    3 years 12Kmiles
    tags & fees $850

Is this the correct MF and residual?

I have been told by two dealers that 20,131 is the invoice price. This disagrees with edmunds which shows invoice as 19,862. Is this correct?

Are Fees negotiable?

I would appreciate any input.
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    You can do better on the price......by about 750 bucks

LE w/MSRP_22084
  • zeus1zeus1 Posts: 5
    Can somebody tell me the Money Factor and Residual for 2009 Camry SE V6 for 36 months - 15,000 miles/yr. I'm very interested but got two quotes that are extremely different just wanted to see which was correct.

Thanks
  • Just picked-up a 2009 Camry LE in Central NJ. $950 TOP, 36/ mon, 12K, $255/month includes tax and gap. How did I do?
  • Hi lunchmeats,

Can you please tell me which dealership you picked this up from? Also, what was included in the $950?

Would you happen to have the MF & residual you were given?

I am interested in leasing one soon as well and would appreciate this info.

Thanks.
  • Freehold Toyota. The $950 was first mon payment, tax etc. I do not know the MF. This deal also incl. gap insur.
    Hi zeus1. Toyota's lease program often varies depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. In most of the country, Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Camry SE V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 60%, respectively. If you tell me what state you are in, I can confirm whether this program is definitely available on your area. Also, keep in mind that TFS' residual values are different than most other banks resids. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows, making it difficult to calculate the actual dollar residual value for specific units. It's so tricky that TFS sends lists of dollar resids to dealers for the models that they have in inventory rather than relying on them to calculate the resids themselves.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi guys,

I just signed the paperwork on a desert LE/w floormats, no additional options. Very easy dealership in central jersey (Dayton Toyota). In and out of there in about an hour or so.

Selling price: 19585
    Monthly: $219.95 (including taxes) + $13 (gap insurance)
    Upfront: 1300 (includes first month - 233/bank fees - 550/doc fees - 175/tags)

MF: .00099

Hopefully, I did alright.

Thanks for all the wonderful info on this website
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 258
    Hi Car_man,

I am in NJ, interested in a similar 2009 SE V6 with the following options from Toyota WEB site:Option B $5,700
    Aluminum wheels (all season) [AS]
    Color-keyed rear lip spoiler [RF]
    Moonroof Package
    Sport Leather Package
    Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [14] with Traction Control (TRAC) [VS]
    Voice-activated DVD navigation system
    Sirius sat radio
    MSRP: $32,134
    Could you let me know what MF and residual I should use for 24/36 month 12K miles per year payment calculation?
    Thanks for you help.
  • bgates222bgates222 Posts: 38
    my friend said he was offered this deal here in nyc unfortuantley he didnt get any of the usual money factor , residual, ect but he said he knew someone who knew someone etc.. he was offered a 2009 se v6 camry with navigation , leather, bluetooth, sunroof, heated mirrors, 36 months 15k miles per 229.00 month with 2k down he was told 2k is tax, tags,bank fee, 1st month and i think with everyuthing rolled in it was like 265.00 a month. I thought it seemed good but without the price of the car , money factor and residual can you really know?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    it is too good to be true-- your friend is pulling one over you.
  • bgates222bgates222 Posts: 38
    yeah i wasnt sure if he had the specifics right but there would be no reason for him to pull one over on me its his lease not mine he just called me for advice
  • aarajiaaraji Posts: 14
    Hello Carman,

I am looking for lease rates on the Camry right now.

I live in Maryland
    Looking for MF, Residual
    Between, LE, XLE, and V6 XLE I want to find the best deal.

Thanks
  • How did I do? Got a Camry LE Lease

MSRP: $22340
    Term: 3 years
    Mileage: 15K/yr - 45K total
    Down: $988 - Includes 1st mo, aquisition fees, etc
    Monthly: $223.90 (includes San Diego Taxes @7.75%)
  • rrt1rrt1 Posts: 9
    I am wanting to lease a new 2009 Camry LE. What should I expect to pay. This is my first lease so I am totally clueless. I need help so I dont get screwed. Thanks for any and all help. The one I am looking at is MSRP 22,344. Thanks again.
  • Hi - I got the same Camry LE you are looking for in the message above. I put $988 down and payments including San Diego tax are $223.90. San Diego tax is about $16 / mo and the extra mileage (15K /yr) as opposed to 12K / yr is $13 / mo. Based on what I've seen, its a very good value.

I have found that its best not to try to dig though all the numbers behind the scenes, but to negotiate the overall deal. Once you know exactly which Camry you like, I would call around the local Toyota dealers and negotiate over the phone the best lease deal before going into the dealer. Once you are at the dealer you lose the ability to negotiate.

ASSUMING that Toyota Motor Financial has not changed the lease rates and residuals this month you should be able to get a very good value with the Camry.

Here are the details of my lease with the Camry.

MSRP including destination was $22344

Negotiated Price or Capitalized Cost or cost if you bought the car: $18841.10.
    Gross Cap Cost (includes Aquisition fees (bank fees) - $19318.00. This is an area where the dealer will make the money.

The residual (ending value) on the car is $12855, add 2% for 12K mileage. The dealer cannot manipulate the residual value of the vehicle.

Lease Rate (Money Factor) - Basically cost of using Money - Around 3% - This is an area where the dealer can make some money. Marking up the rates.

Hope this helps. Good luck finding a Camry.
  • Today I was quoted for a 36 month 36k miles $0 down lease on an 09 Camry SE with almost all options except NAV with an MSRP of $30,225. The quote was $354 + tax. How good is this?
  • Here is the deal that expires on 9/2. Do you think it's a good one?

Lease a new 2009 Camry LE 5 spd. automatic for $199 a month for 36 months with $1,999 due at signing, which includes first month’s payment, $1,800 down payment, $0 security deposit. Does not include taxes, license, title fees, insurance and dealer charges. Closed-end lease. Example based on model #2532. Total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price including freight $22,084. Monthly payments of $199 total $7,164. Capitalized cost of $21,010 based on down payment and dealer participation, which may vary by dealer. Payment may vary depending on final transaction price. Lease-end purchase option is $13,160. Customer responsible for maintenance, excess wear and tear and $0.15 per mile over 12,000 miles per year.

Scott
    Hi SergeyM. Toyota's current New York region buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Camry with 12,000 miles per year are .00099 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00099 and 62%. Keep in mind though that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for consumers to calculate the actual dollar residual values for specific units.

Car_man
    Host
  • wendiniwendini Posts: 2
    We are looking to lease the Camry and were made an offer of $395/mo (including sales tax) for 36 months. They want $1003 down and this includes the first month's payment. I am in Fairfield County, CT. Is there a better deal out there? We would also consider the 2009 Honda Accord EV-L V6 but the monthly payment offer for that was $450, which I don't understand because the MSRP is lower on the Honda. Also, what is the money factor and how do I use that to my advantage when working the deal?
  • rrt1rrt1 Posts: 9
    Can anyone help me figure out a lease payment? My negotiated price so far on a 2009 LE 4 cyl is 20,387 out the door. If my tax rate is 7.725%. Can you tell me a payment based on this? Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance!!
    Hi wendini. In short, money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. You can get an idea of what sort of interest rate a money factor is equivalent to by multiplying it by 2400. So for example, Toyota Financial Services' current New York region (probably the region that Fairfield is in) buy rate for the 2009 Camry is .00099 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. This is equivalent to an interest rate of 2.38%, which is obviously very attractive. The lower a money factor is, the better. You can find out more information on money factors and how they impact leases by checking out the following articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rrt1. It is difficult to tell how good a deal the selling price that you were quoted is without knowing what this car's MSRP or its dealer invoice price are (either one will do). As far as calculating a lease payment goes, if it was any other brand I would be able to do it for you. However, unfortunately it is very difficult for anyone other than dealers to calculate lease payments on Toyota vehicles. This is because Toyota Financial Services places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes it difficult to figure out what the actual dollar residual values are for specific models.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.