Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• trojietrojie Posts: 1
    Any updates on what the money factor and residual is for the 07 Camry hybrid??
  • what could I expect to pay for a 2007 camry lease on lower end model per month in KY with normal mileage requrements and little up front money for 24 or 36 months? Thanks, never leased before!
  • cvpacguycvpacguy Posts: 14
    Anyone have the current residual and money factor info for a 24 month/12k and a 36/12k lease on a 2007 Camry XLE 4-cyl with no extra options? Thanks!
  • tedr3tedr3 Posts: 5
    For those interested in comparing, yesterday I received the following "first offer" from a Philadelphia area dealer for a 2007 XLE V6:

36 mos./36,000 miles
    MSRP: $29,640
    Cap Cost: $27,999
    MF: .00265
    Residual: 59%
    Payment: $410
    Payment w/tax: $447

I think that the money factor is about right, but from reading other websites I expected a higher residual (I saw 63% quoted for May). As I was walking out, the salesman assured me he could get the total payment (incl. tax) under $400.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    You list "payment" without saying how much money you need to pay up front nor what is the disposition fee and excess miles rate at the end of the lease.
    You could get any monthly payment you want by just putting more and more money upfront.
    Jaxs1, I'm sorry you did not find my post helpful. I'm well aware that down money will reduce your payment. Here's (some) of the information you are interested in:

Cap. Cost Reduction: $0 (I assumed this was understood unless I stated otherwise)
    Out of pocket: $1,019

Because I was not ready to negotiate, I did not discuss the breakdown of the out of pocket with the dealer, although I did see that there was no security deposit.

I did not discuss the excess milgage charge or the disposition fee with the dealer. But you raise an interesting point, does Toyota credit charge a disposition fee and if so how much?
  • sgtslatesgtslate Posts: 16
    Hey Ted,

What dealer was this. I am looking for the same vehicle right outside Philly and have been getting higher quotes. $485/month for loaded XLE V6 with nav, smart key and remote start. The main problem is that nobody seems to have this car in stock!

Slate
    It was Conicelli on Ridge Pike in Conshohocken.

I don't recall seeing any cars with Nav on the lot.

BTW, I have now read that Toyota does not calculate the residual as a straight percentage of MSRP. Apparently, there is specific residual for the base model, and dollar amounts are added to that number for particular options. Maybe Car_man will tell us whether this is in fact true.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Welcome villebillies. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Toyota is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the redesigned 2007 Camry. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor probably varies slightly by region, but it should be around .00265 for any length lease for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier right now. By normal mileage requirement, I assume that you mean 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you only need 12,000. If you were to lease a base '07 Camry through TFS right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its residual value should be 68%. The number for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello cvpacguy. If you were to lease a 2007 Toyota Camry XLE through Toyota Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be around .00265 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00265 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details off this offer with everyone, tedr3. Detailed posts that contain vehicles' MSRPs, selling prices, and money factors like yours are very helpful for other community members.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • sgtslatesgtslate Posts: 16
    Car Man,

Doesn't Toyota have a weird system for residuals? I was reading the residuals are based on MSRP of the base model without options. I know the 4Runner Limited I just priced had a residual of 53%. It is a limited model with 3g's in options but the 57-58% listed on websites is based on the car without any options. So I am assuming the base XLE might have a 3 year residual of 63% but once you add options to your XLE, the residual will drop.
  • hgershmanhgershman Posts: 15
    While we're on the subject...I may be looking at the 07 Camry SE V6 for a 36 month lease at 12,000 mi per year. If you know, what would the residual value percentage number be? Thanks.
  • molearymoleary Posts: 9
    This past week I spent about two hours on the internet (I used the Edmund's site almost exclusively) trying to purchase a 2007 Camry XLE (4cyl) with Leather and NAV in the Southeast.

I was looking for a zero in cap cost reduction, a $26K purchase price and a residual value of 63% on a 36 month, 12K mile per year lease.

The money factor I was using in my calculations was .00265.

That breaks down like this:

Cap Cost $26,000
    Residual @ 63% (of MSRP): $17205.30
    Money Factor: .00265
    Payment: $355.87 + Tax

I kept hearing from the primary dealer that responded to my net inquiry that the 63% residual was not the right percentage. Everything else was ok.

Since I have NEVER known Car_Man to be wrong - where am I messing up?

Thanks in advance,

Michael
    You are absolutely correct, sgtslate. Toyota Financial Services places limits on which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it does allow. As a result, even though its residual values initially look fairly high they are not actually as good as they initially appear. It's a strange system that no other captive finance companies that I am aware of use.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey hgershman. If you were to lease a 2007 Toyota Camry SE V6 through Toyota Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year its residual value would be 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Michael. Toyota Financial Services is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the redesigned 2007 Camry, so the .00265 lease money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. The 63% residual value is correct for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of a base '07 Camry through Toyota Financial Services. The problem is that TFS places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. As a result, its residual value percentages are not as good as they initially appear for vehicles that are loaded with options. TFS is the only captive finance company that calculates vehicles' residual values this way. It makes leasing vehicles through it more expensive that it initially would appear.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • avalon2000avalon2000 Posts: 25
    Can you help determine what I should pay for a lease?

NYC area
    2007 Camry SE [fully equipped, every option except sat. radio]
    MSRP $31,942 incl. deliv.
    my price $29,088 + 8.375% sales tax
    $0.00 down

for:
    36 mo./15k
    24 mo./15k
    Hi avalon2000. Toyota is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2007 Camry. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to pay its standard lease money factor. Its buy rate standard money factor varies by region, but in your area I believe that it is currently around .00275 for consumers who qualify for TFS' "Tier 1+" credit tier. This car's 36 month, 15,000 miles per year residual value is currently 50% and its 24 month residual is 56%. Even with all of this information, I really can't give you an accurate estimate of what this car's lease payment should be like right now because of the strange way that TFS calculates vehicles' lease payments. Its residual value percentages are only for vehicles' base MSRPs. It places restrictions upon which options can be residualized and caps on the ones that it allows. Dealers can easily estimate vehicles' lease payments because they have computer systems that tell them the dollar residual value for any unit that they have in stock. Without the benefit of this system it is difficult to estimate what your car's residual value, and in turn its monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_Man, can i get the current lease rates for a camry 4 cyl CE or SE in Memphis, TN for 36 months/15k miles a year?
This discussion has been closed.