Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• Can you purchase additional miles from Toyota Financial Services after signing the lease?
    I'm wondering if they will adjust this for a limited time after driving off with the car and if you can get the miles for less than the $.15/mile rate due when the lease expires.
  • ptm1ptm1 Posts: 4
    the option QD is the SE Extra Value Package #1 which includes the sunroof, illuminated vanity mirrors, rear reading lights and the spoiler. I know a sales person at the dealer and this was the initial deal offered. Toyota is looking to blow out Camry's after the issues last year and preparing for the 2012 redesigned Camry due out July 2012. The Camry was not a car that I was considering but at this lease pricing I can live with this car/package for three years. The two years of free oil changes and tire rotation is also a nice plus.
  • That's what I suspected, that Camry's need to be sold, but in SoCal, some dealers were stubborn and didn't want to deal like Redlands.
    Your package sounds great, its like mine and like you, I needed to get into something fast so this deal was too good to pass.
    I don't care so much anymore if I don't have the latest model, its like fashion trends anyway with industry hype to induce more sales.
    I had initially considered the Sonata deal but in considering the choice, I thought Toyota was a more proven car model than the Sonata and I don't know or trust the local Hyundai dealers for service.
  • Nice job on your lease! It is almost identical to mine. I wish I could do 10,000 miles/yr since I drive very little (5 mile round trip to/from work) and I usually drive 8,000 miles/yr.

My last lease (Acura TL Type-S) had 20,500 miles on it after 34 months and I took 3 trips in it that were 1,000 miles each too.

I wasn't really looking at a Camry either, but I really liked the 2011 SE model when I saw them on the dealer lots. Once I found out about the 0.00001MF + $750 lease cash AND great residual, I went for it. I mean c'mon, $254/mo (including tax) for a 2011 car? Wow. I am happy!
  • thebenz-
    I don't care about the latest/greatest/fashiony/hoopla either with cars. I have "been there and done that"......my last 3 cars were: Acura TL Type-S, BMW 328i, and Nissan 350Z.

Now, I am keeping my money and using it wisely......not wasting it on a vehicle that I barely drive and it sits more than I use it. I cut my monthly car payment in HALF (actually more than half) from the Acura, and I have a Camry SE that has pretty much the same "bells and whistles" the Acura did!
  • I declined to buy it when I structured my lease.
    I believe Redland's quoted me around $495 for the 3 year lease term.
    I thought my insurance co. would provide it as a simple add-on, but they increased my premium so I'm not staying with them.
    It seems in shopping around, I can't find an insurer that offers the same coverage as Toyota Financial's gap insurance does.
    Do I need this, given the low negotiated purchase price of $22,750, or should I forget about it?
    If its needed, does anyone have insurance companies to refer that will write this into a new policy?
    Geico, Liberty, State Farm and others don't carry it in CA.
  • thebenz-
    GAP insurance is usually recommended during the the first 18-24 months on a lease. After that, you won't really need it (according to my insurance agent).

I use The Hartford and Traveller's for my HOME/AUTOS and they are GREAT! The GAP ins was $1.50/mo. thru The Hartford on my 2011 Camry SE.
    **Not to mention, both these companies were MUCH less on premiums.

NEVER, EVER buy GAP ins thru the dealer. I learned this many years ago when leasing was first popular, and since then, I just add GAP ins for 2yrs then drop it.
    **My dealer wanted $12/mo for GAP ins.
  • The Hartford quoted me $600/year more than Geico quoted me and Hartford doesn't offer GAP in CA.
    Did you use Hartford for auto or Traveller's for Auto?
    Which for home?
  • Hi cosanostra. Toyota's lease program for the Camry varies by region. If you tell us what state you are in, either myself or another knowledgeable community member might be able to give you an idea of what this car's program should be like in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello gb350. Toyota Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Camry SE V6 with 15,000 miles per year in its New York region are .00001 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The problem with these numbers is that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This makes its real-world residuals lower than they initially appear and makes it difficult for consumers to calculate lease payments on vehicles on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi thebenz. You won't be able to change your car's mileage allowance at this point, but you might be able to purchase additional miles from TFS at a discount to what you would have to pay for them at lease-end if you contact them ASAP.

I have not heard anything specific about TFS' policy on this matter, but I have heard stories about other lessees being able to do so with other banks.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car Man:

Please kindly provide the current MF and Residual Value based on the following:
    1) 2011 Camry XLE V6 with MSRP $31,675
    2) North California area;
    3) 36 months;
    4) 15,000 miles
    5) Tier 1 credit

Thank you very much,
    Poopy Monster
  • ltvltv Posts: 1
    ptm1,
    Great job on your lease.
    I am also from the Phila area and thinking about getting a Camry.
    Where did you lease your car?
    Did the dealer give you a purchase price quote?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Hello:

I am in KY and looking to lease a Camry. How should I begin?

Want the cheapest car.

Thanks.
  • I called TFS who robotically informed me no, you can't buy extra miles after the lease is signed.
  • Car man,

Could you please provide the 36 month 12,000 mi/yr money factor and residual for the 2011 Camry LE and XLE both with 4cyl.

Thanks
  • ptm1ptm1 Posts: 4
    Ardmore Toyota. I know a sales person there. Yes I got the purchase price and worked the lease accordingly with .00001 money factor, 59% depreciation etc. I picked the car up last Friday out the door with the payment as noted in my earlier message $254.00. Very nice car for the payment. Again, not the first choice of cars but at this payment I will be very happy for the next three years-15,000 miles.
  • Hi Antonius,

I'm going to the dealer today and was wondering if you can send me an e-mail. I spoke with Jaime and asked to get a deal similar to yours but said he would only do it if he knew exactly what car it was. Can you help? Thanks
  • sbs9sbs9 Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the very helpful thread.

Can anyone tell me for sure if the $750 incentive can be used with the special lease offer? There are some posts in this thread that say yes, and others say no...

Also, if you can, I'd appreciate Toyota's current lease parameters for
    2011 Camry XLE V6, Pittsburgh region. 3 yr, 12k/yr

Thanks again.
  • poopypoopy Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    - 2011 Camry XLE V6 with Value Package 1 & 3 and carpets/mats set
    - MSRP = $31,800 ($29,370 + $1,080 + $400 + $200 + $750 Destination)
    - Selling Price = $27,888
    - Money Factor = 0.00001
    - Residual Value = 60%
    - 36months with 15,000miles/year
    - Sales Tax = 9.25%
    - $0 down
    - Drive Off = 1st Month + $418 DMV fees
    - Took delivery a few days ago

Monthly Lease Payment = $315.96
This discussion has been closed.