Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Camry Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome hpowders.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi parnola. Toyota's lease program often varies by region. I don't believe that Toyota is currently providing any lease support on the Camry Hybrid. Its most common lease program for May seems to be a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00200 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Keep in mind though that TFS calculates residual values differently than most other banks do. TFS places restrictions and caps upon what options can be residualized...making its effective residual values lower than its published numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey CarMan,

What are the current residual and money factor rates for a 2012 Toyota Camry LE. If u can provide for 3 years and both 12k or 15k miles. Thank you for your help. Also I am in Los Angeles region if that helps!

Thanks,

Eitay
  • arizonaicearizonaice Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Hey Car_Man,

I have leased, and helped people lease, many cars over the last few years, but Toyota has me pretty confused. I spoke with a few salespeople, and gotten some interesting information. I was told that:

1. there is no 10k mileage option, and that their provided residual was for 12k and no change for 15k (this seems absurd to me)
    2. across their entire Camry line that the current month's residual is 54% (sounds VERY low to me)
    3. The current money factor is .00040 (this was the only piece of information that sounded accurate, and it also matches your provided information)

I'm ultimately trying to lease a Camry (non-hybrid) this month. Can you please provide the Residual and Money Factor (Base Rate) for the 2012 Camry in the NE region (NY/NJ)?

Also, you stated in another post that specific things are not residualized, or something to that effect. Can you explain how that affects the overall residual when I am doing my calculations? For my BMW lease, my spreadsheet was within $.04/mo of what BMW came up with. I felt pretty happy. :-P

Thanks in advance!

-- Brian
  • byr2104byr2104 Posts: 3
    i just get a lease for this car in Long beach for $260 for 35 mths and $2000 down it was that a good deal?
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    @byr2104--

2k down including inception fees, license and first month payment? Or is the 2k a cap cost reduction?

When you lease it's best to understand the sale price first. Get the sale price, then use leaseguide.com and the calculator to figure out the payment.
    the price for this car was 27650, residual 14820 and it was $305 with not cap cost or $260 for 35more moths include tax-fees and 1st pay with $2000 cap.
    $260 and have cargo net and paint door and rear bumper protection free,
  • inquiztivinquiztiv Posts: 1
    one of the local dealers here in NJ is offering camry for lease @ $89 on a 36 month lease. Including the verbiage below, any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or what can be a better deal?

msrp 23,994, 36 month, 12k miles per year
    2999 down paymt plus 1st paymt, tax, tags
    $650 acquisition fee
    $0 security deposit
    $176.70 doc fee
    residual 13,825

thanks much
  • Hi Carman - Do you happen to have sept numbers in Southern VA for the 2013 Camry V4 XLE which includes 10 or 12 K and money factor /residual?

Thank You!
  • Can I do better than this: Quoted in sarasota florida today for Camry SE lease for 36 months $2838 due at signing and $215 a month includes everything else (Tax, title, dealer fee). OR Zero down payment monthly payment of $299.

This above quote was based on the current SE lease special advertised as follows: closed end lease on new 2012 Camry SE model #2546 with automatic transmission and select equipment. Adding options increases payment. $199 per month for 36 months. $2598 due at signing includes $2399 down payment and first month's payment. No security deposit required. $21,686 Adjusted Capitalized Cost is based on down payment; excludes tax, tag, registration, title and dealer fees. Lease end purchase option is $15,782 and lease payments total $7164.

I asked what options were on the SE I test drove and he was quoting me and he said only toyoguard. Which I am thinking I don't want so should I ask them to deduct for the Toyoguard, it was $699.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    edited September 2012
    I just leased a 2012 4cyl Camry SE , with leather, moonroof and Navigation.
    36 months / 15000 miles
    326 a month including taxes.
    Paid a 650 acquisition fee and first month up front.
    Complimentary toyota care for 24 months includes oil changes and tire rotations every 5000 miles.
  • We ended up going a little South to Venice Florida and just signed a lease for 2012 SE:

2,000 down
    +144.66 new tag (we were not transferring a license plate)
    -500 Toyota Rebate -pop up on edmunds when I was researching sedans
    For out the door $1827.86 with $183.33 monthly payment for 36 months.
  • To clarify the $1827.86 included 1st month payment so the remaining 35 months are $183.33 for 2012 Camry SE.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    edited September 2012
    Was that car loaded with leather, nav, moonroof, keyless etc.. and 15000 miles per year? And where did you get the 500 coupon, I keep seeing the Nissan one but where is this toyota pop up?
    THanks!
  • No it did not have leather, nav or moonroof. I did not add any options. The rebate just popped up when I was searching competitive vehicles on edmunds,I think I was looking up honda accord or hyundai sonata.
  • snowman22snowman22 Posts: 109
    :confuse: I have notices many asking about Toyota Camry hybrid leases. The answer is always the same----Leases not being offered on hybrids. My question----WHY NOT.
  • kromixkromix Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    Corolla Base L Model with Automatic

Price: $17,576.37
    Term: 39 Months
    Rate: .00191
    Residual .66 - $11814.00

$800 Cash Due at Signing Includes 1st month payment
    $239.98/month

Miami, Florida

Thoughts?
  • neilbneilb Posts: 5
    I got a price for a lease for a 2012 XLE with Convenience, Leather & Display packages & Floor Mats.

MSRP: $29,690
    Sell: $26,099 (before rebate of $500)
    Miles: 18K/yr
    Residual: $14,495
    Rebate: $500
    Doc fees of $186.39 are added in
    Nothing down and first payment is $390 + plates ($194)
    Illinois sales tax: 8.25% on entire amount. Illinois is essentially bankrupt so they need the money, I guess.
    MF:.0001 (top tier)
    $/mo: $390

The math is close when I use the lease calculators. It just seems that the residual is very low. He told me that the residual for 15K miles was $15,395 which is only 51.8%. Is it low because TFS does not residualize certain options? Does the residual go down towards the end of the model year? Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • CarMan - Do you know the November money factors and residuals for the 2012 Camry V6 XLE and the 2013 Avalon XLE Premium in Southern VA ?

Thank you in advance
This discussion has been closed.