Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Comments

• 2010 SE 4WD
    Western New York
    MSRP 35k
    3yr/36k lease
    2100 total out of pocket
    including all taxes and fees
    350/month
    Great deal?
  • arvanarvan Posts: 6
    Could you please tell me the name of the dealership?
  • Decho,

seems like a good deal...Where are you located? Did you pick it up?

I was offered same model for 1500.00 total down Monthly payment of $350 per month. I am in VA outside of DC.
  • dechodecho Posts: 16
    Bubba,
    went in today to close the deal- the car was sold!..i have a feeling they never would have sold it to me...they have sister delaerships 100 miles away, they wouldn't guarantee me the car from the other dealership...i think, they'll take my deposit and my car won't be "located" til after 9/7 and then I'd pay the new lease program rate...call me paranoid, but thats what I'm thinking!
  • dechodecho Posts: 16
    All,
    as an FYI- I just picked up my wifes 2010 6cyl AWD lease.
    1300.00 total out of pocket, 330 per month lease.
    Car has sticker of 30880 (base with cold weather pkg, extra value pkg and mats) and 2yr 25k free maintenance.
    Great car so far-decided against leasing another murano s. Base murano has much less equipment:
    no roof rails
    no heated mirror
    no heated windshield wiper de-icer
  • mabcmabc Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    Can you please provide me the residual and money factor for the lease of a 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, top tier credit in southern California, 36 month 15k miles/yr. MSRP is $48,194, invoice approx $44,207. Thanks.
  • vwp1000 - sorry for my delayed response. i got that deal with Conicelli's Springfield, PA location. good luck!
  • Car_Man forums members.-

Thanks for all the valuable information so far, if somebody could please provide me the residual and money factor for the lease of a 2010 Toyota Highlander SE V6 awd top tier credit in Scottsdale, AZ, 36 month 12k miles/yr. MSRP is $35,200 Thanks.
  • I just made the above post, after bringing my wife to check out the HL we decided on a 2010 base 4cyl 2wd. The MSRP is @$28,902. Can somebody please let me know the residual and money factor on this vehicle for 36mos/36k miles lease. I am located in Scottsdale, AZ with top tier credit.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi Carman,

Could you please post the MF & residual for the 2010 and 2011 Base Highlander with the V6 engine. This lease would be for 36 months and with 10k per year. I am in KY. As always, I appreciate it.
  • Just signed a buyers order here are my terms

MSRP: 39,855
    Purchase Price: 35,900
    Payment: 470/month
    Money Down:1,444.00 which was all fees except taxes plus 1st month payment
    Residual: 20,724.60

3 year 12K/year

Any good? Seemed good to me.
  • Hey gperr. The money factors for all mileage allowances are exactly the same, but the residual values for 12,000 mile per year leases are 2% higher than the resids for 15k leases.

Unfortunately, TFS is fairly cryptic about what options can be residualized. It is so confusing that they provide dealers with long lists of the dollar residual values for the specific units that they have in stock rather than relying on them to calculate them themselves.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks and you're welcome gilamonster1.

Toyota Financial Services' current New York region buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base Highlander V6 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00050 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The problem with these numbers is that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for consumers to calculate lease payments on their own.

I don't think that you'd be able to do any better by leasing this truck in Maryland. In fact, it might actually cost you more to lease one there.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • and let me just say, this is a fantastic site. Just got an account tonight to mention that I've used the posts and the CarMan forum here for years. Because of what I learned here, got a great deal on a 2007 Honda Odyssey, and that's what we turned in today, in exchange for a new Highlander. Had a great lease on the Odyssey, got a better one (I think on the Highlander).

Here were my numbers from Smart Motors in Madison (highly recommend this dealership, very professional, low pressure).. they gave me a $2k credit for my Odyssey, the lease expires on that in 14 days.

MSRP: $35235
    Sales price: $32136
    Credit for Odyssey: $2000
    Drive off out of pocket: $469 (includes first payment, tags)
    Payment with tax and GAP: $380.60/month
    3-year, 36k lease

Did have them put on cross bars on the roof rack which rolled in an extra $229.

Very happy to get a $35k (MSRP) vehicle, with leather heated, 3rd row seats, 4WD, rearview camera, for just $380/mo.

Thanks, CarMan!
  • shaker58shaker58 Posts: 120
    Enjoy your new Highlander, I just picked up mine here's my deal

MSRP: $35688
    Sales price: $32xxx
    Drive off out of pocket: $750 (includes first payment, tags)
    Payment with tax and GAP: $426/month
    3-year, 36k lease

Truck has pearl white paint,bluetooth,roof rack,mud guards,wheel locks
  • ejb75ejb75 Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Can't find a 2010 in WI so have to go to IL. This is "gift" for husband returning from deployment so need to make sure I am getting a good deal. These are the figures from the dealership.

Vehicle Price/MSRP: $29,145.00
    Theft Protection Program: + $199.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $3,224.00
    Selling Price: $26,120.00

Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $75.00
    Lien Fee: + $10.00
    Title Fee: + $73.50
    Documentation Fee: + $154.38
    Electronic Filing: + $19.50

Residual is $14570.25. With $3000 down (which includes first lease payment, license and title fees), payment would be $301/mo. Adding gap would be about $15/mo mor.

Is this a good deal?

Thank you!
  • shaker58shaker58 Posts: 120
    I would say it's high based on my lease. Also would advise not to put any money down on a lease. Also I believe toyota has a military rebate.
  • ejb75ejb75 Posts: 2
    Got most questions answered when the dealership just called. WI tax is only applying to lease payment.

What was your deal shaker58? The $301 included the $500 lease rebate and $500 military rebate. The vehicle has to options of floor mats/radio am/fm/6 cd changer, cold weather package, and 3rd row seat. Not sure if that makes much of a difference.

Thank you!
  • 2010 Toyota Highlander v6 Limited 4x4

msrp $38998.00
    neg price $35995.00
    0 zero down
    money factor of .0001
    residual $20015.00
    aquisition fee $650.00
    36 months 12000miles a year
    total drive off $1100.00 (first mo and lic fees)

monthly payment of $453.74 + tax $497.98 total a month

I believe there may be a tiny bit of negotiation left in the msrp, but this is what ive got so far. Im in so cal and dealer is Longo Toyota.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance.
  • Hello,

First time leasing. They have 2010 Highlander with $0 down for $369/month. This is the AWD model. I'd prefer the Limited model - how would I go about negotiating the price for this model? Would the same money factor apply?

Thanks,
    Chris

Here is the details for the lease special:
    ********************************************************************************- ********
    Lease a new 2010 Highlander Model #6948 6 speed automatic for $369 a month for 36 months with $0 due at signing, which includes $0 down, $0 first month’s payment and $0 security deposit. Does not include taxes, license, title fees, insurance and regionally required equipment and other dealers’ charges are extra and are not included in the amounts shown. Closed-end lease. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price including freight $30,455. Monthly payments of $359 for 35 months total $12,565. Capitalized cost of $29,643. based on down payment and dealer participation, which may vary by dealer. Payment may vary depending on final transaction price. Lease-end purchase option is $17,199. Customer responsible for maintenance, excess wear and tear and $0.15 per mile over 12,000 miles per year. To qualified Tier 1+ customers through Toyota Financial Services. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Subject to availability. Must take retail delivery by 11/1/10. Optional equipment may vary by region. Excludes hybrid models. See participating dealer for details.
  • Hi Carman,

Could you please post the buy rate lease money factors and residual values for November (or the latest you have). I'm in Northern VA if that matters. This is for a 2011 Limited with 4WD @ 10K or 12K a month.

Thanks!
  • Arbitrage,

I was just provided the following information for a 2011 Highlander Limited AWD w/ Nav. 36 months 18k miles/yr:

MF: .001550
    Residual 58%

This is from a dealer in NJ
  • Could you please post the MF and residual for the 2011 Highlander SE, 12K miles/year, with top tier credit. I am hoping to find one without any extra packages (I know, good luck with that), though I am assuming the "tech package" is already part of the SE trim. I have 2 months before my existing Pilot lease is up, and I'm trying to compare the HL-SE and Pilot EX. Toyota's new maintenance / roadside assistance deal is pretty attractive!

Thanks much.
  • Sorry, I should add that this would be for the V6-4WD version!
  • I am looking for similar information. I'm also in NJ and am looking at 2011 Limited 4 wheel drive with navigation. Any info would be appreciated!
  • How does this quote look? I think it is pretty good, except I can't calculate back to their monthly payment.

2010 Highlander Limited, AWD, Package #8, Tow Package, 12 k/month, 36 month

MSRP - $39,290
    Cap - $35,290
    Res - $20,515
    MF - .00068
    Drive Off - $0

They are quoting me $560, but when I run the numbers, I only get to $492 (incl. 7% state tax - TN)

How does the deal look? I am trying to find out what the $60 difference is right now.
  • timj757timj757 Virginia BeachPosts: 12
    Did you ever get that money factor and residual for the 2011 Highlander Limited. My wife and I are looking at this as an option. Any help would be great!
  • No, there was never a response with the official numbers. I ended up getting a Lexus RX 350 anyway. I would guesstimate that the post above yours is fairly accurate though. When I was looking before I had calculated ~480 for a 39k sticker car with nothing down and VA taxes rolled in.
  • timj757timj757 Virginia BeachPosts: 12
    What was the aquisition fee?
This discussion has been closed.