Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Lease Questions

Comments

• Disposal fee? You mean did I pre-pay it? NO! I have never paid or will ever pay a disposition fee to any dealer. If they want the sale on my next lease, they will waive the fee. It's a standard fee on all Toyota leases now, did you actually negoatiate the fee? Or did they make you believe that they're giving you a deal by only charging you $395 at the end of your lease?

As for your offer, I think you can do better, if not much better. Since you are pre-paying all the fees (it should be 2 fees at most: bank (acquisition) fee, and maybe a dealer "document fee"..bs fees usually added to make them more money), taxes, and some down payment, your finance fee should be a little less.

You saw my deal. The MSRP was $37,200+ and I'm only paying $403 with $530 down (1st month and my registration renewal). You are putting down $5000 (that's about $139/mo X 36) plus $289/mo. Add that up and you're paying $428/mo. With that much down, I would not go a dollar above $250, more like $240. Remember, I had a remote starter ($500+). If you didn't have any extra options (besides mats and tow-prep), $240 would be my absolute max.
  • Hi- I found this thread and was looking for your opinion.
    I have a lease offer at this point for a 2012 AWD 6 cyl Highlander SE w/tow pkg, Nav, side moldings and wheel locks from a CT Toyota dealership.

I wanted to put nothing down. Had the bank fee ($650) NY doc fee ($261) and a "dealer prep" fee ($295) rolled into the monthly payment. They initially wanted $1700 down to cover these fees plus first month.

MSRP is $39,491
    Cap cost is $37,000
    Money factor is .00013

Monthly payment $500 even, zero down, 36 months/15K miles

Decent deal?

Basically paying 18K over 3 yrs.
    Thanks!
  • I made an offer to a local dealer in California on a model with MSRP of $35,900 and I offered $31,500. They are offering lease rate of .00030 (.72%) but are saying that no incentives or discounts apply due to the low rate. They did come back with an offer at $33,700. I am seeing in various forums that they $31,500 for these models they are getting rid of for the 2013's is a legitimate offer. Is it true that they can only offer me this good lease rate and perhaps $200 over invoice? Thanks for your help.
  • I was hoping to get a reply but made the following deal and wanted to share it:

Lease rate: .00020 (.48%)
    MSRP: $35,950
    Price: $32,850
    I found out that Toyota has a loyalty program with $1,000 towards down payment (this is different from $1,000 cash offer which can't be combined with promo lease rate apparently). So they put $1,000 as a down payment (and I put $0 down on my own)
    Monthly payment: $388 (tax inclusive) BUT I did get the GAP insurance $650 which brought it up to $404 (tax inclusive). All in all ended up being about $1400 below invoice (true price was $31,850)
  • Hey Car Man,
    Could you please post the numbers for a 36 month lease on a Toyota Highlander Limited 4 x 4 for 15,000 miles a year? I live in Illinois.
    Thanks.
  • Hello Carman,

Could you give me the Nov. residual and money factor for a 2013 Limited highlander AWD? 12K miles a year and 36 months.

Thanks in advance.
  • dmunizdmuniz Posts: 16
    Hi Carman,

Can you give me the December money factor and residual factor for:

2012 Highlander SE 4X4
    2013 Highlander SE 4X4

Thanks. Because of your forum I was able to land a sweet lease deal on 2013 optima ex.

thanks
  • dmunizdmuniz Posts: 16
    This is for Long Island, NY
  • rkl76rkl76 Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hello Car man,

Can you please provide money factor and residual for 2013 Toyota Highlander Base V6?

12k/Year, 36 month lease. This is for Corona, California.

Thanks
    RKL76
  • rkl76rkl76 Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I called a local dealer and this is what I got for Highlander Plus with no options

MSRP: 33103
    Negotiated Cap Cost: 30066 (Includes $500 rebate)
    36 Months, 12k per year, California.
    MF: 0.00155, 54% residual

0 Down, 0 Drive off, $432 per month (tax inclusive).

I'm not taking it. Ford has much better lease rates these days. Will look to lease Explorer or Edge.
  • Good call. The MF and residual do not seem very competitive. I was hoping to get a good deal on a lease for an SE v6... but not likely if this MF/resid represent the Dec #s.
  • dcf1955dcf1955 Posts: 12
    Hi all - I wanted to forward lease numbers for January. We just leased a 2013 Highlander SE 4X4 in MA and the MF was 0.00001 with a 24 month residual of 70.5%. The 36 month residual was 61% but we went with 24 month lease. Remember Toyota's residuals fluctuate slightly on optional equipment. Good luck.
  • mrbleheadmarkmrbleheadmark Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hi there -

I got what I think was a good deal on my Highlander base (for a 4WD - it was V6) lease. MSRP north of $32,000. Deal was $4,000 up front (I took care of that with a trade in that was probably legitamately worth $3500 or so), then $199 a month for 36 months. This was a full $100 a month less than I was seeing in some other places (though cash was a bit higher).
  • Can anyone post the January lease rates please for a 2013 highlander se AWD 36 mo. 12K a year?

thank you
  • chowskeechowskee Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Carman

Looking to lease a Highlander LTD AWD. I would like the residual and money factor for February for both the LTD AWD gas and hybrid version based on excellent credit and 12k for 36 months. Please provide info when you have a chance. Are there any cash back deals?
  • I was told feb money factor increased to .00047 and $500 rebate is gone. Monthly quote on 36 month, 12k per year with roughly $700 out of pocket was $450 (including NYC tax). Msrp was 40,600. Selling price was 37,600. I was a bit disappointed as last month this was quoted at roughly $400 per month.
  • Does anyone know the money factor and residual for February 2013 on a Toyota Highlander SE? It appears there are no lease incentives at the moment. I live in the Mid-Atlantic.
  • ram44ram44 Posts: 1
    There is an Encore Program thru TFS. I have a TFS lease I'm trading in, not turning in. I'm 7 mos from the finish line and dont want to wait. Isnt there a 1000 rebate for customer loyalty or some such? Please let me know SOON. Going into the dealer and they are not giving me any info. Odd... yeah right!
  • uc4meuc4me Posts: 1
    I have been offered the following deal for a 2013 Toyota Highlander 4WD V6 SE:

MSRP: 36,700
    Net Cap Cost: Not sure yet, asking the dealer for it now)
    Residual Cost: 22,592
    Term: 36
    Money Factor: 0.00047
    Mileage: 12,000

To get this deal we are trading in a 08 Rav4, Base V6 with 60K. We still owe $9000 and the dealer is giving us $14,300. Plus we are putting an addition $700 cash and our first payment down. (The first payment is sort of a wash with the current payment we have due on our rav)

Does this deal seem like a good deal?
  • I just called a dealer who quoted me over $500 a month for a Highlander Limited with rear entertainment system and running boards. He's saying it's a great deal but I don't agree! I have seen lower monthly rates on more expensive cars. Please help me understand how he got to that price?! This is in Sugar Land/Houston,TX :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.