Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• I'm glad that you enjoy it, optimus1. The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the model that you want. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Do you know the MSRP and selling price of the RAV4 that you want? If so, let us know and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will give you their opinion on your deal. If not, you definitely need to find these numbers out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks, Car_man. Really appreciate it.

The invoice for the vehicle is $22,386 (according to Edmunds.) This is for the '09 Sports Edition AWD. I know that Toyota has several deals going on right now but I'm not sure how low they can drop the price on this one.

What do you guys think?
  • JD101JD101 Posts: 1
    I am in Los Angeles and I received a quote for a 2009 RAV4 Limited for $25700+tax(can I get lower). I want to lease it for 36 months and put $2000 down, what do you think my payments should be. And if anyone else has any other tips for purchasing or leasing one or any dealers that have good deals, thanks!!
  • kmg422kmg422 Posts: 10
    Toyota is offering a promtion for $239 with $2199 down, I know the down payment is negotiable and I can just factor in to the payment, but can I still negotiate this promotion price? I'm assuming this is on the base model. It's valid through 2/2 in NY. Thanks!
  • mugsmugs Posts: 2
    I am looking at the previous lease payments people are getting here and am appalled at what I'm being offered. I am looking at leasing a 2009 rav 4 4wheel drive base model with only auto start as an extra. the price I'm getting is $22,480 with a payment of 399. (with no money down) or around 372 with about 500 down for first payment and transfer-title etc. I have no trade. This is four different dealer quotes in PA over the internet. Is this is as terrible as it seems? Is there a nearby state with a much better deal? I only drive 7000 miles a yr.I am willing to go out of state for the better deal.what should be the cap cost, money fac, and residual? Thanks !
  • janny1janny1 Posts: 1
    Please provide the city where the dealer offering this program is from. Thank you
  • Hi kmg422. Manufacturers often leave a little meat on the bone, so to speak, with their officially advertised lease payments. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition, the New York area would certainly qualify, are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to calculate the advertised payment on a particular vehicle.

If I was in the market for a new RAV4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives (Toyota is providing anywhere from $570 to a whopping $2,000 dealer cash on the '09 RAV4 in your region right now). You can look up the invoice price of the exact vehicle that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Good luck in your negotiations and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi kmg422. Manufacturers often leave a little meat on the bone, so to speak, with their officially advertised lease payments. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition, the New York area would certainly qualify, are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to calculate the advertised payment on a particular vehicle.

If I was in the market for a new RAV4 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives (Toyota is providing anywhere from $570 to a whopping $2,000 dealer cash on the '09 RAV4 in your region right now). You can look up the invoice price of the exact vehicle that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Good luck in your negotiations and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi, sorry for the delay..I saw the promotion on the dch toyota city website in larchmont, ny..good through 2/2/09; I believe it's a toyota promotion, not just this dealer. It's for the base rav4 with $2199 down.
    Thanks car man, I will certainly let you know what I end up with.
  • 09 Rav4 Limited on 36 month lease, with $2,500 down (includes 1st payment), 12,000miles/year, for $410/month. What do you think? Also, I am getting out of my current lease 11 months early (which if I finished the outstanding payments would be $3,223.)
  • igoraligoral Posts: 23
    Hi Car_Man,

You helped me couple of years ago with my lease questions. And I was able to negotiate a price much better than the dealer originally offered. Thank you for that!

I am shopping for a new vehicle to lease and am considering the promotion for RAV4 advertised in Northeast that kmg422 mentions above.

I am considering leasing Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A). Do you know, if this promotion applies to the base model only or Limited as well? You said that you "personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives." Am I correct to interpret your response above that you would be looking to negotiate the price of the vehicle to $300 - $1,700 below the dealer's invoice?

Also, two years ago you posted a link to a calculator to help figure out the lease payment. Could you re-post it?

Thanks alot!!!
  • You're very welcome, kmg422.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cbolduc0729. Wow, why do you want to get out of your current lease nearly a year early? Are you over your mileage allowance? If not, financially speaking it does not make a lot of sense to get out of your current lease right now. Doing so is likely adding a ton of negative equity into the RAV4 lease that you are considering, causing it to be much more expensive than it would ordinarily be. If I was in your shoes, I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end date for my current lease to get something new.

As far as the RAV4 that you are considering goes, the best way to tell if you are getting a good deal on it is to look at its selling price in relation to its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it it difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome back igoral. You're making me feel old ;) . Toyota's special lease program on the 2009 RAV4 is available on all trim levels, not just the base model.

The cash incentives would only apply if you are in a state where Toyota is not providing lease support on this model. I do not believe that TFS' special New York region buy rate lease money factor of .00221 is compatible with any cash incentives.

As far as calculating payments goes, I personally use Excel and the formula that is outlined in the following article to work them up: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Here is a link to the Edmunds.com lease calculator: Edmunds.com Lease Calculator.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am interested in leasing a 2009 Rav 4 V6 Limited with everything but navigation. Received quote from dealer with price of $28,441 for 36 mo., 12,000mi/yr., money factor .00021. Lease price $498/mo includes tax, gap insurance, title. Edmunds shows invoice price of $27,554. for car. What do you think? Could we do better? Anxious to hear your answer.
    I'm having trouble deciding, I really want a moonroof, however, I like the 3rd row option, which means either go with the base for the 3rd row or the Limited for the moonroof. All the other options really do not mean much to me. A dealer suggested I purchase a base model and add the moonroof through one of their vendors, my gut says this isn't a good idea..any thoughts or suggestions?

I would imagine I couldn't do this on a lease anyway, I do not plan to buy. Thanks.
  • Hi kmg422. I personally would only go with a factory moonroof. The odds of an aftermarket roof leaking just seem greater to me. I wonder if you can even lease a vehicle that has an aftermarket moonroof through Toyota Financial Services. My gut feeling is that they would frown upon that, but I suppose that it is possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does anyone know the money factor and residual for a Rav4 Limited 4 cyl for 15K miles and 36 month term?
  • abiticiabitici Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    I could use a little help here.

2009 4x4 V4 Base
    Trade in $3,000 with no additional down.
    36 month lease, 15,000 miles
    I checked my own credit online and got 690.
    Dealership guy checked came up with 3 different scores from 630-650?? Is that normal to be that far off?

Anyway, just qualified for tier 2 or 3..(cant remember exactly which one)

Monthly payment including tax - $311

Dealer located in Jersey near NYC. Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance...