Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

1131415161719»

Comments

• g2369g2369 Posts: 41

Hi,

Still looking for residual and MF for a 2013 Rav4 Limited.

24 months / 15k miles

Thank you in advance!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103

I'm sorry, but I can't give you any reliable information for Toyotas. Depending on the region, money factors on that model vary from .00020 to .00070... I have no residual information.

regards, kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• cheapjackcheapjack Posts: 10

I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 RAV4 LE and saw a lease deal on Toyota's website: $199 a month for 24 months and $999 DUE AT SIGNING Questions: 1) Is this a good deal? 2) Is it negotiable further or is it low enough? The salesman says that the lease is a Toyota Corporate plan and is pretty much set in stone. 3) What does the following mean? "Special lease offer requires application of $2100 GST RAV4 lease subvention cash." 4) I might buy the car at the end of 24 months (LEASE END PURCHASE OPTION is $16876 plus tax, title and license). If this is a "subvented" residual value which they have artificially inflated to make the lease deal attractive, the car will probably be worth less than this at the end of the lease. Will I be able to negotiate this price at the end of the lease?

Thank you for your help.

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087
    edited January 10

@cheapjack said: I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 RAV4 LE and saw a lease deal on Toyota's website: $199 a month for 24 months and $999 DUE AT SIGNING Questions: 1) Is this a good deal? 2) Is it negotiable further or is it low enough? The salesman says that the lease is a Toyota Corporate plan and is pretty much set in stone. 3) What does the following mean? "Special lease offer requires application of $2100 GST RAV4 lease subvention cash." 4) I might buy the car at the end of 24 months (LEASE END PURCHASE OPTION is $16876 plus tax, title and license). If this is a "subvented" residual value which they have artificially inflated to make the lease deal attractive, the car will probably be worth less than this at the end of the lease. Will I be able to negotiate this price at the end of the lease?

Thank you for your help.

I'll see if I can answer your questions:

1) Seems to be - is this for 2WD or 4WD?

2) Everything is negotiable - I'm sure that in the fine print it lists the selling price; that can be negotiated lower. Residual value is generally fixed. Money factor (interest rate) may be marked up and can be negotiated.

3) GST is probably Gulf States Toyota - Toyota has regional distributors around the country. The $2100 is either a rebate or the amount that the selling price is reduced by.

4) In the past, residual values could be negotiated, but that seems less and less likely now. Some manufacturers have insurance policies on used cars so that if the actual value of the vehicle is less than the stated value, they are compensated the difference.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cheapjackcheapjack Posts: 10

Thanks Michael. FYI, its a 2WD. Toyota is offering 0.0% on finance. Does that mean their money factor for leases is also 0.00000?

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 8,087

@cheapjack said: Thanks Michael. FYI, its a 2WD. Toyota is offering 0.0% on finance. Does that mean their money factor for leases is also 0.00000?

Sadly, no. Lease and finance incentives are almost always different, but there have been occasions where manufacturers offer a money factor that is almost 0.

Nothing beats free money, however. :)

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103

I'm seeing money factors of .00030 for the 2013 RAV4 in some regions... so, while not zero, that's pretty low. Equivalent to 0.72% APR

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• unless you go into a 24 month leasing then the money factor is 0.00001, but i feel like the 24 month leases arent cheaper imo