Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• ilanailana Member Posts: 25
    Hello maybe you can help me estimate the lease for
    Rav4 4cyl AWD Limited with QY (i think)
    This is the data I am in NY. I think I will put down the tax and fees
    MSRP $28,317

BUYING $26,447 +state tax and fees

Thanks
    Ilana
  • grahamstergrahamster Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

Can you help me with something? I am leasing a Volvo XC90 Awd for a Rav4 Base AWD i4 in Seattle. TFS says I can't afford a Rav4 4x4 Base. But, I have a down pay of $5500 and monthly payment desired at 550. So, can I afford this vehicle or not? Also, can you let me know what lease deals are like and what Toyota's policies are on leasing?
  • jerryjordanjerryjordan Member Posts: 1
    Hi all:

Toyota is currently offering this deal in the NY Metro Area

link title

The link to the offer is above.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

How do you know what model/features you can expect to receive?

Reading the fine print are there any upfront costs that are not included in the $2299 upfront payment?

Finally, I have a 2003 Saturn LW200 in fairly good shape with around 75K miles that I would trade in. What is the best way to get this lease deal and then have my upfront costs reduced or eliminated and maybe even my montly payment partially reduced using the trade in? The trade in value is around $3,500.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Jack
  • snapfitsnapfit Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Any idea what money factor Toyota is offering for June? I see an incredible .00080 being offered on the base model but can't seem to find out if it also applies to other models. I am negotiating for an LTD in NJ.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • baker1jbaker1j Member Posts: 15
    Just walked out of Toyota dealer, always wondering if I could have done better. What do you think of the following lease.

Rav 4 4WD, Sport, with Extra Value Package, Dealer Leather (not factory), plus backup motion sensors
    First month and motor vehicles only, zero out of pocket fees
    36 months, 12K per year

$376.81 per month.
  • cfitz01cfitz01 Member Posts: 1
    I live in NY and am looking into leasing a 2009 Rav4. I have been given an offer of $336/mo (incl Taxes) on a v6 Rav 4 Sport with the sport appearance package for 36mo and 12k miles/year. The Sticker price is @28,700. I have not gotten the selling price, residual or money factor yet. I am trading in a 2003 Galant with @90K miles. I have not been able to bring the car to the dealer yet, but based on the info i have given them they're offering $2000 as a trade in price.

I know i don't have all the info and i need to double check everything, but from what i've seen $336 a month sounds like a good deal. I am just wondering if it should be lower since i will be putting about $2000 down.
  • howardbeachhowardbeach Member Posts: 2
    I just signed a deal on a RAV4 on Long island. $330/month 36months 12Kmiles
    RAV4 V6 Sport Tax up front, first month payment up front. $650 bank fee rolled into monthly payments . Dealer paying my last lease payment on my car $449. Seemed like a fair deal to me.
  • orangeman99orangeman99 Member Posts: 88
    How much did you put down (taxes), it seems kinda high?

But it sounds like a fair deal, for a V6.
  • howardbeachhowardbeach Member Posts: 2
    $980 tax plus $330 first payment. $ 1310 total. I haven't seen anyone paying less for a V6. Especially since they are rolling in my last car payment and bank fee.
    Truthfully, you never walk out of a car dealer without that nagging feeling you left money on the table.
  • mrfurious214mrfurious214 Member Posts: 11
    Would you mind posting the dealer on LI you used and maybe the salesperson? I just got back from westbury, and the best deal I could get was $377 with $1000 out of pocket for a 4wd Sport model MSRP was $29,XXXX.
    Thank you
  • carhelp8carhelp8 Member Posts: 1
    i also looked at a rav 4 today in hempstead long island and got a price for 370 and about 1200 down,,which is the tax,dmv and first,,, can you please tell me the dealer where you boiught your car so i can go there,,, appreciated
  • geenicegeenice Member Posts: 2
    RAV4 AWD 6 CYL, Extra Value Package (QY), 36 Month, 12,000 Miles Per Year for $390 per month (including taxes) with $1,000 Down (covers 1st month payment, tax, tag, title, etc.).

Any thoughts on whether this is a fair number or if the dealer can go much lower than this?
  • jimbowhojimbowho Member Posts: 9
    My wife would like to LEASE a Toyota Rav4 AWD 2.5L 4cyl LIMITED for 36 months with 15,000 miles a year. Only other option she needs is REMOTE STARTER.

Given that we're willing to go out of pocket $2,000. (for 1st, sec deposit, mv and cap cost red) how much would you be willing to pay per month in the central/south Jersey area?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

JimboWHO
  • gsahoogsahoo Member Posts: 1
    I leased the Rav4 limited AWD 2.5L 4cyl for 36 months with 12,000 miles a year CLASSIC SILVER with $1500 down (covers 1st month payment, tax, tag, title, etc.)
    for $360 per month (including taxes). I got the deal from hudson toyota jersey city. Is it a good deal?
  • bohdybohdy Member Posts: 15
    Yesterday I finalized a lease deal at Herb Chambers Midstate Toyota on a 2009 RAV4 Sport V-6. MSRP is $28,846 which includes the Extra Value Package, the Sport Grade Appearance Package, Tow Prep Package, body side molding, and all-weather mats. Dealer is giving me splash guards at cost which I will install myself AND is paying off the last payment on my current lease of $347. MA sales tax is going up another 1 1/4 % August 1, so I'm saving a little by ending the current lease early. This new lease is for 3 years at 12k per year, zero down except for first month and registration fees at closing. Monthly payment is $319. Couldn't pass up this deal! RAV4 buyers should note that the Sport model is the only one without the spare tire on the rear hatch (that's why I got the Sport). You get 4 run-flat tires, no spare.
  • vgalmontevgalmonte Member Posts: 9
    I was seconds away from leasing a crv and then I saw Toyota's promotion this month $199 a month with $2199 due on a down payment. This is for a 2009 base 4x4 Rav 4!! This truck is hidous with the black mirrors/door handles but hopefuly I can get a black one. Anything that they might try to screw me on here? Also is gap insurance a good idea on a lease? I'm currently in the middle of a lease but my buy out is $1,500 under the value of the truck. I was actualy going to sell it to car cash today! What do you guys think will they try to get me one way or another?
  • jsherm007jsherm007 Member Posts: 12
    Good deal?

Rav 4 Ltd, v6, 4wd, sunroof, CLOTH seats:

36 mo, $369 tax in, and $780 upfronts.

Thoughts?
  • ipacorpipacorp Member Posts: 2
    which dealer?
  • kinngkinng Member Posts: 6
    Hi all, I am buying a RAV4 base model at the advertised lease special:
    -- $2194 down
    -- $239 (+tax)/mo payment
    No other hidden fee.

The dealer is matching what Toyota has advertised, but will not go above and beyond that. Please advise if I can jump on this or if in your experience there is room to negotiate.

Please help! I need to get this in 3-4 days.

Thanks!!
  • cg62cg62 Member Posts: 8
    Here is the deal, 09 Base RAV4 4wd.

36 months
    12k per year
    199. per month
    $2900 due at signing ( first month, bank fee, taxes, motorvehicle transfer fee, gap insurance)
    includes $1000 recent college graduation credit.

Competition Toyota NY
  • stephenscheinstephenschein Member Posts: 1
    Any advice on dealers or alternatives.
    '09s seem in short supply, no 2010s for a while, need out of my current Jeep lease my 10/26, and the few dealer's I've spoken to seem very unmotivated to come off of msrp
  • austin15austin15 Member Posts: 9
    Got a quote from a dealer at Fort Worth, TX
    For 2009 RAV4 base FWD V6 with minimum features

after $1000 rebate from Toyota
    base price $22900
    Drive out $24600

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • bigbl0ck72bigbl0ck72 Member Posts: 6
    2010 Rav4 sport 4cyl ,mag grey,QX,mats locks MSRP $26150
    36 months
    12k per year
    299 per month
    $0 due at signing
    $200 mv + tire tax
    NYC tax rolled into monthy
    HUDSON TOYOTA ROCKS
  • walktofastwalktofast Member Posts: 10
    RAV Base 2WD advertised at 24,210 msrp with $2600 down. $169 a month

Now have them to $22,200 (sale price)with $1000 down, 12k a year. Negative equity in my car is what is putting this deal on hold. MPV Mazda 2003 44k coming in with $3,500 trade in...kbb is listed up to $4,700 and I owe $6,300. So that is $2,700 negative going into the lease. So the new payment they are giving me is $299 a month including sales tax.

36k miles...$15,901 is the end lease....and money factor is .00085

I am feeling stressed..I want out of the mpv but I am thinking these numbers are not in my favor.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new RAV, bigbl0ck72. I'm glad to hear that you had such a pleasant dealer experience. If you'd like, you can tell an even wider audience about it by stopping by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi walktofast. Unless there is some really good reason why you need to get a new vehicle right away, you would be much better off waiting until you were not upside down on your current vehicle to get something new. Rolling negative equity into a lease just forces you to pay more than you should.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsmarcusjsmarcus Member Posts: 2
    2009 Rav4 Limited
    V6
    QY Package
    Mud flaps
    Wheel Locks
    Towing package
    5 pc mat kit
    Rear parking display

MSRP 30,749
    $500 out of pocket, $350/month inc tax, 36 months 12k miles/year.

Good deal?
  • jsmarcusjsmarcus Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to add, this was AWD.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    was at the dealer yesterday and negotiated a price of $21,699 for the rav plus ttl-my trade they offered me $7500-what kind of lease numbers can i be looking at with the rav price? toyota has a $199 lease special here in the midwest with $2159 down plus ttl so probably $4,000 out of pocket on it. can i take the price difference in a check back to me, or do i have to put the full amount of my trade down?
  • checkercabcheckercab Member Posts: 10
    Just leased a new Rav4 and curious what others think of this deal.

2010 Rav4 4cyl Base Model
    36 months
    12k per year
    $275 per month
    $450 due at signing includes first months payment ($275) and DMV ($175)
    All other bank fees/taxes rolled into monthly payment.

What do you think?
  • buckeye20buckeye20 Member Posts: 2
    Could anyone tell me how I can determine what the money factor may be on a 2010 RAV for the Pittsburgh Pa region? I called Toyota Financial Services and they told me I would have to speak to the dealer. They would not divulge it. Also, isn't the money factor negotiable? I am speaking to Baierl Toyota in a couple of days and have been reading this board trying to prepare myself. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • dopeyzombiedopeyzombie Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am also interested in leasing the 2010 Rav4 Sports Edition with the QX package. Would you happen to have a copy of the quote that Hudson Toyota sent you so hopefully I can cut to the chase and get the same deal? Thanks a lot and greatly appreciate it.
  • udflyer85udflyer85 Member Posts: 3
    The lease factor for a RAV4 is .00065. At least that is what is here in Northern Virginia (DC suburbs). Does the lease factor vary by region?
    I've been negotiating with several dealers in the Northern Viriginia area and this is the best quote I've received so far. Should I take it? By the way, I'm getting what Volkswagen calls a "Sign and Drive" deal--no money down--everything (taxes, tags, fees) all rolled into the monthly payment. Toyota is running the $199 a month lease on the RAV4 right now but that is with $1999 down.

Here's the deal:

2010 RAV4 Bases FWD w/EVP

List $22,619.00
    Sale price $20,245.00 (includes all incentives)
    Tax $ 641.93 (VA taxes)
    Tags $ 72.50
    Proc. Fee $ 389.00
    Bank Fee $ 650.00
    Payment $ 237.65
    Money Down $ ---0.00----

By the way, this dealer includes freight in their sales price. What do you think?
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    here in chicago that deal would be great! state of illinois taxes kill us here-i am much higher on taxes and license fees. i am looking at the same car and best price i have gotten is $281.80 per month. that is with only putting down $144 for license fees and 1st payment-all other taxes and fees are rolled in on the lease.
    Thanks. I'm going to the dealer this weekend to seal the deal. As for taxes, in Virginia we get hit with an annual "car tax" asessed on the value on the car (much like a property tax for real estate) which can run several hundred dollars annually. The taxes payable now are simply the sales tax. If they don't get you coming, they get your going.
  • mahsullymahsully Member Posts: 5
    Looking for the money factor and residual value of a 2009 RAV4 base 4WD, 4cyl (in NH). thanks
  • mahsullymahsully Member Posts: 5
    Also need the money factor and residual value for a 2010 RAV4 4WD, 4cyl (in NH). thanks
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Looking to do a 36 mo lease with 36K miles with $0 out of pocket except 1st mo pmt.

Any ideas what a good deal would be?

Also - would like to know if the Limited has more sound insulation than the other versions of the RAV4. The other models, while nice, are a bit loud inside so conversations are a bit hard to hear.
    Hi buckeye20. I can help you out. I believe that Pennsylvania resides in Toyota's Central Atlantic region. According to the latest information that I have seen, Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RAV4 in that area is .00065 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier. This is the lowest possible money factor that dealers in your area are allowed to charge on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • bg19bg19 Member Posts: 1
    This is the deal I negotiated...

Base V6 FE QW TC CF P4
    36 Month 15,000 miles/year lease
    South-East US
    MSRP: $25,028
    Negotiated Price: $23,758
    Acquisition Fee: $650
    Sales Tax: $50 (5% on the $1,000 below)
    Title Fee: $10
    College Grad Rebate: $1,000
    Net Cap Cost: $23,468
    Residual Value: $15,398 (62%)
    Money Factor: 0.00015
    Payment (including depreciation, finance charge, and tax): $241.50
    Down Payment: $241.50 (first month payment only)
    State Tag Tax: $300 (cash)
  • purchasingsoonpurchasingsoon Member Posts: 74
    Got wind that the new money factor for january increased to around .0017 from .00085
  • stabone130stabone130 Member Posts: 2
    My lease is up in March and I went into the dealer where I leased my Toyota Rav 4 in 2007. The car has a bunch of deep scratches on the hood and dings on the side, was involved in a car accident (on CarFax) in early 2009 (other persons insurance paid for all repairs) but otherwise good shape. Here's what they offered me:

Take the 2007 model "as is" including all damage to hood/sides, etc. - no liability on my part.

2010 2.5L 4Cyl DOHC Dual VVT-i Engine, 4WD
    Total MSRP: $24,194.00
    Downpayment: $2500
    Monthly payment: $353.18
    Includes all taxes, title & fees; alarm, remote starter & gap insurance.

Compared to what I paid at same dealership in 2007 for my first lease:

2007 Toyota Rav4 Base model
    Downpayment: $2199
    Base model w/ installed sunroof, which I realized was worthless
    Monthly payment: $347.50
    Included all taxes, title & fees; alarm, remote starter & gap insurance.

Did I get a bad deal?

Compared to last lease I didn't think so but now I am seeing many posts with people putting nothing down and much lower downpayments. Not sure if geography or time of year has anything to do with it....but I'm starting to think I got screwed. (Again)
  • bt83bt83 Member Posts: 9
    Hey everyone here's the deal i got yesterday.

2010 RAV4 limited V6 4x4 extra value package 2, leather, backup camera, bluetooth, tow package, etc..

Sticker: $31023
    Sale price: $29060
    College Grad: $1000
    Term: 36 months
    Mileage: 12k per year
    Payment: $360 incl. NY sales tax
    money up front: First month, mv, and plates about $700 total

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    Hi Local dealers have offered me on a Base 4cyl with Value pack and 3rd row seats.
    1. $399 per month plus tax. 39 months 12k miles.
    2. $2815 down inclusive firts month gap fees etc 15k miles 39 mths $253 per month plus tax.
    Seems like I am still paying over the odds.
  • rrlk1rrlk1 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have current money factors and residuals for the 2010 Rav4's?

Thanks
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    It is on the lease special page on toyota.com. .00140 and 62% for 36 months 12k miles.

I want to know where I can find historical values. someone posted a deal in dec 09 where mf was .00025 but then someone else posted a .00085 money factor rate. Where to find these rates?

What will the rate be next month?
  • rrlk1rrlk1 Member Posts: 3
    I apologize, but I don't see that on toyota.com, would you mind providing a link? Thanks
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    http://buyatoyota.com/specials/specialOffersDisplay.aspx?seriesname=RAV4
    My Zipcode is 44145.

Disclaimer : Offer good on 2010 RAV4 4x4 Base Model 4432 – DOHC 16-Valve 2.5-Liter SFI dual VVT-i 4-cylinder, Tonneau Cover, Extra Value Package includes 17” 5-spoke styled steel wheels with P225/65R17 tires and full-size spare tire on 17” Steel Wheel, Daytime Running Lights, Black Roof Rails and Crossbars, and Rear Privacy Glass. Star Safety System™, AM/FM/CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, tilt/telescoping steering wheel with instrument panel display control, column, cruise control, power windows and locks, remote keyless entry system, plus much more! $229/Mo. – 36 Month Lease. $2,499 due at lease signing. Includes $1,620 Customer Down Payment + First Month’s Payment/$229 + Acquisition Fee/$650. $275 security deposit waived to qualified buyers subject to approved credit through Toyota Financial Services. Good on Tier I PLUS only. 36-month payments total $8,244 – excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration and title, insurance, and dealer charges. Lease Factor .00140. Closed-End Lease. Lease-end purchase option $16,022. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2010 RAV4 4x4 Model 4432 is $24,284. Includes destination charge, but excludes state and local taxes, tags, registration, title and insurance. Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $22,333 based on dealer participation. Other options and dealer charges extra. Lessee may be charged for excessive wear based on Toyota Financial Services/Toyota Lease Trust (TLT MI & OH) standards for normal use and for mileage in excess of 36,000 miles at the rate of $0.15 per mile (low mileage lease). Your payment may vary depending on final price. Delivery must be taken from new 2010 dealer stock between 1/28/10 and 3/1/10 and is subject to availability. Available to qualified customers through Toyota Financial Services. Effective 02/01/02 Ohio requires sales tax to be collected at lease inception. Offers may vary by region. Individual dealer prices may vary. See participating dealers for details. LEASE OFFER MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH APR OR CUSTOMER CASH OFFERS. 2010 EPA city/highway estimated mileage. 2010 Sport Utility Vehicle 4-cyl. Vehicle class with available 7 passenger seating. Excludes Hybrid Vehicles. Actual mileage will vary. According to Polk statistics for Overall Manufacturer Loyalty in the 2009 model year, Toyota ranked highest by having the greatest percentage of households return to purchase or lease another Toyota vehicle.
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    edited March 2010
    Got this deal for my parents at Acton Toyota in MASS a couple of weeks ago.
    MSRP: $31729 (Sandy Beige/ beige leather, Limited Extra Value Pkg#2 w/Navi)
    Selling Price: $29300
    .00140 and 64%(or maybe 62% would have to check back) for 36 months 12k miles
    Rolled in the Fees (aquisition, doc, dmv) Why not with such a low money factor?
    Payment Including MA Tax: $360.00
    Drive off total: $360.00 (1st payment)
    Plus they added the "Blue Logic", Floor &cargo mats plus mud flaps as accessories to the car. We thought the deals wouldn't get too much better and that inventory may actually go down with higher incentives and have less choices. We accepted and are very happy. The internet department here was great. No suprises. They went above and beyond and even delivered the car and all the paperwork to Mom's office next day.