Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Toyota RAV4 Lease Questions

Comments

• wildcat4wildcat4 Posts: 3
    Car_man:

That would be great regarding looking into what might be available in the Southeast region. One note is that we are in NY now but will move to FL in the next month or two. The thought was to get the car down there so as to not waste miles on the lease. If the deals are better in the Northeast (NY or NJ), that would be helpful to know. Thanks again.
  • margormargor Posts: 3
    hi car-man,

I have a few questions again and hope you can help me.

I just got figures for model # 4432A from the dealer. On the website it stated
    the MSRP as 23,331. I assumed the dealers cost had to be around 21,000.

He said the website had made a mistake and sent me the invoice. The dealer cost is 20,381 with 108 for 17" wheels, 752 for 3rd row seating, 202 for bluetooth, 125 for preferred accessory package. total acc. 1187. Then 742 destination charge, TDA of 324, dealer holdback ( i have no idea what that is) 458 and a wholesale financial reserve of 229. Total dealer cost is 23,331.32. Total MSRP is 25,191.

$338 a month with $771 due a signing? I didn't think that was great. It didn't include two payment left on my highlander or gap insurance.

I live in MA and have encore status from TFS.

Can't thank you enough for all the information/advice you give.
  • goodjobgoodjob Posts: 1
    i want to lease a 2009 toyota rav 4 limited 4x4 v6 3.5.
    color is Blizzard pearl. and option is

1. Extra value package #2,
    2. Rear backup camera,
    3. Special color,
    4. Tow prep package.
    this car is the full option...

so dealership gave me the price $402/month, 12k, 36months(3 years).
    and oop(out of pocket money)is $1800. this price included
    (bank fee, DMV fee and first month lease fee). and i live NEW YORK CITY
    i dont know this deal is either good or not. please give me an advice to reply or
    e-mail....

this is my e-mail address alska199hotmail.com
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks pshooper. In April, Toyota Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 RAV4 in your region was .00173 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier. Of course, it is now May and this program has changed. The good news is that it has likely changed for the better. Toyota is offering some of the most attractive leases that i have ever seen it offer this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dwbsalesdwbsales Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you share your opinion with me on this offer, please. $408 per month with $632 up front. 09 Rav4 LTD, 4cyl, white, 4WD, leather, moon, blutooth MSRP: $28,879. Base of $25,880, Dest. of $745, Acces of $2,254. Lansing MI
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to, dwbsales. What is this RAV's selling price. This is a very important number for you to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let me know what the selling price is and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pshooperpshooper Posts: 25
    I am pricing a RAV4, 6cyl, QY, TO, FE for lease over 3 years, 15K miles per year. I have found the price for a similar vehicle on the FitzMall web page. That vehicle is an FE, QY, TO, BC, CF-R, MF. MSRP is $28,840, selling price is $27,672. Edmunds TMV price for the vehicle I want is $27,462.

I would like to make an offer to a local dealer. I qualify for the .00173 money factor, but I do not know the residuals for 15K per year for 3 years. What should I offer to pay per month with no money down?
    In reviewing other posts in this forum, I see that calculating residuals on Toyota's is close to impossible. I guess I will have to go to the dealer and see what he has on his lot and ask for the printout of residuals on those vehicles. Does this seem like the best plan?
    I visited my dealer today and told them that I had calculated a price on leaseguide.com of $366 (including tax) for the RAV4 I wanted.The dealer came back with an offer of $459, which I think is based on the MSRP price, judging by reverse engineering the number.

The dealer sheet I was given showed the MSRP had increased from $30,075 on Feb 25th to $30,329 today (May 9). The residual value had remained the same at $17,258. Did Toyota have an increase in prices in the last two months? How can the residual value remain the same more than two months later? Anyway, plugging in the edmunds.com TMV value of $27,462 as the Base Cap Cost in leaseguide.com and the residual of $17,258 with a money factor of .00173 and nothing down except DMV costs I got a monthly payment of $360 + $22 tax.

I was quite disappointed at the dealer's offer of $459. It so much higher than what I expected that I am re-evaluating getting a RAV4. Have I made a mistake with my figures or is the dealer just not interested in leasing this vehicle to me?
  • dwbsalesdwbsales Posts: 2
    The price of the Rav4 is $26597 plus state taxes and fees. Let me know if you need anything else. I thank you for your help.
  • ilanailana Posts: 16
    Hello maybe you can help me estimate the lease for
    Rav4 4cyl AWD Limited with QY (i think)
    This is the data I am in NY. I think I will put down the tax and fees
    MSRP $28,317

BUYING $26,447 +state tax and fees

Thanks
    Ilana
  • grahamstergrahamster Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

Can you help me with something? I am leasing a Volvo XC90 Awd for a Rav4 Base AWD i4 in Seattle. TFS says I can't afford a Rav4 4x4 Base. But, I have a down pay of $5500 and monthly payment desired at 550. So, can I afford this vehicle or not? Also, can you let me know what lease deals are like and what Toyota's policies are on leasing?
  • Hi all:

Toyota is currently offering this deal in the NY Metro Area

link title

The link to the offer is above.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

How do you know what model/features you can expect to receive?

Reading the fine print are there any upfront costs that are not included in the $2299 upfront payment?

Finally, I have a 2003 Saturn LW200 in fairly good shape with around 75K miles that I would trade in. What is the best way to get this lease deal and then have my upfront costs reduced or eliminated and maybe even my montly payment partially reduced using the trade in? The trade in value is around $3,500.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Jack
  • snapfitsnapfit Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Any idea what money factor Toyota is offering for June? I see an incredible .00080 being offered on the base model but can't seem to find out if it also applies to other models. I am negotiating for an LTD in NJ.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • baker1jbaker1j Posts: 15
    Just walked out of Toyota dealer, always wondering if I could have done better. What do you think of the following lease.

Rav 4 4WD, Sport, with Extra Value Package, Dealer Leather (not factory), plus backup motion sensors
    First month and motor vehicles only, zero out of pocket fees
    36 months, 12K per year

$376.81 per month.
  • cfitz01cfitz01 Posts: 1
    I live in NY and am looking into leasing a 2009 Rav4. I have been given an offer of $336/mo (incl Taxes) on a v6 Rav 4 Sport with the sport appearance package for 36mo and 12k miles/year. The Sticker price is @28,700. I have not gotten the selling price, residual or money factor yet. I am trading in a 2003 Galant with @90K miles. I have not been able to bring the car to the dealer yet, but based on the info i have given them they're offering $2000 as a trade in price.

I know i don't have all the info and i need to double check everything, but from what i've seen $336 a month sounds like a good deal. I am just wondering if it should be lower since i will be putting about $2000 down.
  • I just signed a deal on a RAV4 on Long island. $330/month 36months 12Kmiles
    RAV4 V6 Sport Tax up front, first month payment up front. $650 bank fee rolled into monthly payments . Dealer paying my last lease payment on my car $449. Seemed like a fair deal to me.
  • How much did you put down (taxes), it seems kinda high?

But it sounds like a fair deal, for a V6.
  • $980 tax plus $330 first payment. $ 1310 total. I haven't seen anyone paying less for a V6. Especially since they are rolling in my last car payment and bank fee.
    Truthfully, you never walk out of a car dealer without that nagging feeling you left money on the table.
  • Would you mind posting the dealer on LI you used and maybe the salesperson? I just got back from westbury, and the best deal I could get was $377 with $1000 out of pocket for a 4wd Sport model MSRP was $29,XXXX.
    Thank you
  • carhelp8carhelp8 Posts: 1
    i also looked at a rav 4 today in hempstead long island and got a price for 370 and about 1200 down,,which is the tax,dmv and first,,, can you please tell me the dealer where you boiught your car so i can go there,,, appreciated
  • geenicegeenice Posts: 2
    RAV4 AWD 6 CYL, Extra Value Package (QY), 36 Month, 12,000 Miles Per Year for $390 per month (including taxes) with $1,000 Down (covers 1st month payment, tax, tag, title, etc.).

Any thoughts on whether this is a fair number or if the dealer can go much lower than this?
  • jimbowhojimbowho Posts: 3
    My wife would like to LEASE a Toyota Rav4 AWD 2.5L 4cyl LIMITED for 36 months with 15,000 miles a year. Only other option she needs is REMOTE STARTER.

Given that we're willing to go out of pocket $2,000. (for 1st, sec deposit, mv and cap cost red) how much would you be willing to pay per month in the central/south Jersey area?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

JimboWHO
  • gsahoogsahoo Posts: 1
    I leased the Rav4 limited AWD 2.5L 4cyl for 36 months with 12,000 miles a year CLASSIC SILVER with $1500 down (covers 1st month payment, tax, tag, title, etc.)
    for $360 per month (including taxes). I got the deal from hudson toyota jersey city. Is it a good deal?
  • bohdybohdy Posts: 15
    Yesterday I finalized a lease deal at Herb Chambers Midstate Toyota on a 2009 RAV4 Sport V-6. MSRP is $28,846 which includes the Extra Value Package, the Sport Grade Appearance Package, Tow Prep Package, body side molding, and all-weather mats. Dealer is giving me splash guards at cost which I will install myself AND is paying off the last payment on my current lease of $347. MA sales tax is going up another 1 1/4 % August 1, so I'm saving a little by ending the current lease early. This new lease is for 3 years at 12k per year, zero down except for first month and registration fees at closing. Monthly payment is $319. Couldn't pass up this deal! RAV4 buyers should note that the Sport model is the only one without the spare tire on the rear hatch (that's why I got the Sport). You get 4 run-flat tires, no spare.
  • vgalmontevgalmonte Posts: 9
    I was seconds away from leasing a crv and then I saw Toyota's promotion this month $199 a month with $2199 due on a down payment. This is for a 2009 base 4x4 Rav 4!! This truck is hidous with the black mirrors/door handles but hopefuly I can get a black one. Anything that they might try to screw me on here? Also is gap insurance a good idea on a lease? I'm currently in the middle of a lease but my buy out is $1,500 under the value of the truck. I was actualy going to sell it to car cash today! What do you guys think will they try to get me one way or another?
  • Good deal?

Rav 4 Ltd, v6, 4wd, sunroof, CLOTH seats:

36 mo, $369 tax in, and $780 upfronts.

Thoughts?
  • ipacorpipacorp Posts: 2
    which dealer?
  • kinngkinng Posts: 6
    Hi all, I am buying a RAV4 base model at the advertised lease special:
    -- $2194 down
    -- $239 (+tax)/mo payment
    No other hidden fee.

The dealer is matching what Toyota has advertised, but will not go above and beyond that. Please advise if I can jump on this or if in your experience there is room to negotiate.

Please help! I need to get this in 3-4 days.

Thanks!!
  • cg62cg62 Posts: 8
    Here is the deal, 09 Base RAV4 4wd.

36 months
    12k per year
    199. per month
    $2900 due at signing ( first month, bank fee, taxes, motorvehicle transfer fee, gap insurance)
    includes $1000 recent college graduation credit.

Competition Toyota NY