Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sequoia Lease Questions

1234568»

Comments

• Can anyone provide a lease payment estimate on the Platinum Sequoia? 3 yrs 12k/yr.
  • Curious what others negotiated for a Sequoia lease recently - monthly pmt + any cap cost reduction - excl any TTL? Focused on 36/39 month time frame and the SR5 or Limited 4wd version, 10K miles p.a., but interested in hearing about all deals, esp in if NY Metro region to triangulate on a good number. Thx in advance for the help.
  • yes, I second this...
  • I was qouted for a 2010 limited with nav 36month 12k a year for $992.57 w/tax a month with $1415 down. Not a good deal to me. They told me no lease deals with toyota credit.
  • Does anyone know what the residuals and money factor are for a 2010 Sequoia Limited RWD for 36 or 39 months for 15,000 miles per year. Thanks in advance.
  • Hi all,

We have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia, drove it off the lot new 01/2006. Mileage on it is 53K (03/01/2010) and our lease is up in 11 months now. Our monthly is $712.31. Upon reviewing our lease it has a Residual Value of $16,601.72.

Just before I sent off another payment I got these figures from TFS. If we were to buy out the lease TFS website shows $21,691.04 due even though our straight math 12 payments X $ 712.31 = $ 8,547.72 plus the Residual Value of $16,054.00 shows our balance owing should be $24,601.72. There is a $ 2,910.68 difference to our favor.

Currently a similar vehicle in :shades: California where we live (mileage make etc) was selling at a dealership for $22,774, another for $23,995.

A Kelly Blue Book Private party price with excellent condition on the vehicle lists it if Excellent $23,510 and if Good $22,260

The vehicle seems to have retained a good portion :) of its value since new 2010 Sequoias are selling for $39,980 (California).

Here are my questions:

We like the Sequoia, correction: make that love it (don't ask me about our Jeep :lemon: , or Ford Explorer :lemon: )

Would we be able to walk into the dealer in 11 months with a Cashier Check's in Hand at a firm $13,000.00? Or maybe a loan from our Credit Union still $13,000?

or is the $16,054.00 price etched in stone? We could just walk away from the dealer at the end anyway. I realize that were talking about almost a year's time but it is never too early to plan. We would like to keep the vehicle but are not "desperate" to do so either.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
  • Car Man are u there???
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi inlostangeles. Your truck's end of term purchase option price is between you and the bank that you are leasing it through. If you're interested in trying to negotiate your Sequoia's purchase price, place a call to Toyota Financial Services a month or two before the scheduled end of your lease and see if they are willing to work with you.

If your initial contact at TFS isn't willing or able to negotiate, you may have better luck working your way up the ladder to a manager. There's no guarantee that TFS will lower your Sequoia's purchase price, more often than not banks won't, but you don't have anything to lose by trying.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man,

Can you provide the residuals and money factors for Platinum @ 36 mos. and 39 mos. w/ 12,000 miles?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi bmwnewbie530i. Toyota is not currently providing any lease support on the Sequoia. As a result, if you were to lease one through Toyota Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time I checked, TFS' standard buy rate was .00255 for all terms for Tier 1+ customers.

TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for the 2010 Sequoia Platinum 4WD is 41%. This truck's resid drops to 38% for 39 month leases.

The problem with these residual values is that they are for base vehicles. TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for anyone but dealers to work up payments on specific units.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Does anyone know what the residual and money factor is for a 2011 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x2 5.7L? 39 months, 12k miles per year. Located in Florida, so it will be through Southeast Toyota Financial. Thanks!
  • twaiitwaii Posts: 2
    I need money factor & residual on an '11 Sequoia Platinum. Sticker of $58k and some change. My wife and I are trying to decide to go with the Tahoe or Sequoia. Thanks, Tom.
  • dolphin5dolphin5 Posts: 26
    edited December 2012
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide the 24 month with 15k mi/yr lease numbers (mf & resid) on 2012 & 2013 4x4 Platinum Sequoias. Can you also list manufacturer and dealer incentives.

Thanks
  • Hi! Can someone please provide me with the Feb residual values and money factor for leasing a 2013 Sequioia Platinum on a 36 or 48 month lease with 12K miles? Thanks!
1234568»