Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
edited February 1 in Volkswagen
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Volkswagen Golf. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• Is the current lease for the 2005 Golf GTI good? The numbers are:
    36 Month Term
    $219 Monthly Payment
    $1250 Down Payment
    $575 Acquisition Fee
    $225 Security Deposit
    12000 Annual Mileage
    $2269 due at signing
  • Hi roundie. Yes, Volkswagen's lease program on the 2005 Golf GTI is fairly attractive this month. VW is using a money factor of .00038, which is equivalent to an interest rate of less than 1%, to arrive at this payment. Furthermore, Volkswagen is providing a $500 bonus on leases of this car through VW Credit this month. I suspect that if you shop around a little bit you will be able to beat the selling price that this lease is based upon by a little bit, lowering this car's monthly payment even further.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks, Car_man! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Now, I just have to work on the purchase price! :D
  • You're very welcome, roundie. Let me know if you have any other questions and if you wouldn't mind stopping back I'd love to hear how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car_Man -

Any new leasing programs popping up for November? I have an Accord now i leased 3 years ago with a great rebate option, and hoping to get a Golf with payments cheaper than the 280 I pay now for the accord. What are my chances?

Thanks for the input!

Herbie53
  • Hey Herbie53. That's a good question. My initial reaction is that it is probably unlikely that you would be able to lease a 2006 VW Golf for less than you leased your Honda Accord for several years ago, but the only way to tell for certain is to do some calculations. If you let me know the exact trim level Golf you want, its full MSRP, approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it I can estimate what this car's payment should be using VW Credit's current lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    2006 GTI DSG 24 and 36 month MF and residual please ? 12 and 15 K miles if avaiable thanks.

DL
  • Hi dl7265. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00286 and 56%, respectively. The money factor for a 12,000 mile per year lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Sir. That GTI is a 2.0 Turbo charged gas motor. Don't know if thats any difference from the Diesel or not.

Thanks again,
    DL
  • You're welcome, dl7265. Oops sorry about that, the diesel does have a different lease program than the 2.0T. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00215 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you so much for your quick replys as usual.

DL
  • No problem, dl7265. I;m glad that I was able to help you out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • stvnhrtstvnhrt Posts: 1
    hi this is a question regarding a 2006 GTI with zero options except the 18 inch rims 36/12k,
    Is 350 a month and 1000 down a good deal?
  • ericw2ericw2 Posts: 5
    Hello, Car_man. I live in the Seattle area, and I'm thinking hard about leasing a new 2006 GTI 2.0T with manual transmission, Package 1, and mats. What is the current VW money factor for the lowest-mile-per-year 24 month lease? I have excellent credit, so please provide the lowest rate. Also, what is the current residual on that lease? Finally, are there any special deals I should know about? Any incentives?

Thank you very much for your help.
  • Hi all, I have a 02 Passat GLS w/ 2 months left on the lease, its got a some damage to it, had a couple minor accidents, (probably around 2k worth of damage) and was looking at leasing the new 2.0GTI MkV w/ package #1, manual trans.
    Went to 1 dealership in the Atlanta area, and was offered $499 w/ no money down for 36 month lease, which seemeed alramingly high. Just got an internet quote from another dealer who offered 360/36 months, and 326/48 months, no money down. (Both are 12k milesper year) I assume the 1st guy was just trying to rob me, but wanted to know if anyone knew if the 309/month offer on Edmunds is still being offered since both offers were above the one listed on the site. I know turning my car in w/ the damage is going to bump my pmt up, but both of those quotes are w/out looking at my curent car
  • bdubb123bdubb123 Posts: 1
    Is the current offer of $309/mo 36mos(good through 3/31) for a base manual GTI actually a good deal? What will the payments be for the same car after the deal has expired? I looked into the offer and there doesn't seem to be any real discount off the MSRP.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi stvnhrt. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ericw2. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00215 and 57%, respectively. VW is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of GTI 2.0T models, other than $500 loyalty cash for returning owners and lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lostinatl. Volkswagen is still advertising the 2006 GTI 2.0T with manual transmission at $309 per month for 36 months with a $1,250 down payment. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that a smart shopper who is in an area where there is a decent level of competition would probably be able to lease a car for a little less than this by negotiating a lower selling price than the one that the ad is based upon.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on the deal that you were quoted if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bdubb123. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that a smart shopper who is in an area where there is a decent level of competition would probably be able to lease a car for a little less than this by negotiating a lower selling price than the one that the ad is based upon. It is difficult to say what Volkswagen's April lease program for this car will be like at this point. I suspect that it will try to maintain a similar lease payment on this car, but a lot will depend upon how well it sells in March. If the GTI has a good month, VW might ease off on its support and if it has a bad month VW might crank up its support a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.