Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man,

Do you know the FICO score required for the VW GTI Tier One Lease? Is it 720? 700?

Thanks.
  • Hi zigster38. Volkswagen Credit's top credit tier is called its "A" tier. That's a good question about what credit score is needed to qualify for it. You're in the right neighborhood with your 700 to 720, but I don't know the exact cutoff.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mweasmweas Posts: 1
    Anyone know what lease deals or other incentives may be coming up in November on the GTI? (in the US, NY)

thanks,
    Matt
  • Hi,
    Looking for the MF and Residual nums for a 2011, 4dr, 6spd manual w/sunroof.
    36month, 15k miles. (NJ)

Was quoted .00122 and 54% in Oct. Are (were) these correct and have they changed for Nov?

Thanks in advance.
  • By the way, to qualify for the "A Tier" national lease deal, your FICO must be 740.
  • Hi taltek. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4dr with sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Oh, by the way Volkswagen is running its "Sign Then Drive" sales event this month. That means that it will waive your first month's payment if you decide to lease a GTI.

Car_man
    Host
  • vovakvovak Posts: 1
    Could you please post Money Factor and Residual for 2011 GTI 4door Manual wi/Sunroof. 48mo lease with 12k mi per year.

Thank you!
  • Hi vovak. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4-Door with Sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00193 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • chikochiko Posts: 19
    Hey Car_man,
    Can you please give me the Lease Rate and Residual Value for a 2011 GTI, 4-door, DSG, Autobahn package, 36 months, 15K/year?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey chiko. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GTI 4-door Autobahn with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Don't forget that Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on leases this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • So I've been a premium car driver for quite some time. BMW, Lexus, Infiniti.
    On a whim I took a test drive in a GTI and was smitten. I was smiling for an hour after. Loved the sound, handling, red stitching, steering wheel. I don't love the looks but I do think it's kind of cool in a sort of counter culture way. Hearkens back to a simpler time when things weren't so complex, to my way of thinking. Anyway, some things I'm trying to sort out; It certainly isn't a premium car in terms of amenities and the doors and hatch felt a bit light to me. I felt I was driving an econo hatch but with stellar driving traits. I'm sure I could deal with that if it wasn't for the price. Let me explain. As a leasing customer, I 'm having a hard time justifying a payment of about 550 for the autobahn package or mid 4's for the sunroof (and no HIDs!). When I compare, I can get a 37x coupe with all bells and whistles for under 500 and thats a 45K car. I can get a 328 xi coupe nicely equipped for 550 per month (about the same as the autobahn GTI). (I've structured all the leases the same for an apples to apples comparison-Zero down, 15K miles, tax in payment,36 months (for VW it actually is only 35 mos. with their promotion)
    If they leased at the same percent difference as the MSRP, it would be a no brainer.
    It should lease at about 2/3 the price of the other cars but the others have huge incentives, more spread between invoice and msrp and better residuals and MF.
    Also, I was surprised to learn that the GTI will cost a bit more to insure than the BMW or Infiniti. Not sure why? (kids race them? High rate of theft?)
    VW is also an unknown to me regarding reliability. I have had outstanding experiences with both BMW and Infiniti.
    Please let me know your thoughts or suggestions. Maybe I'm missing something.
    As I said, it sure put a smile on my face.
  • chikochiko Posts: 19
    I'm in the same boat as you. The car seems really expensive for what you get. I used to have a 2006 fully loaded that I picked up for $25000. Now the same car costs over $31000 retail. I got a quote for a lease at invoice and it seems really high. The Autobahn package is a horrible lease value. Like you said, the Infiniti G sedan, MB C300 Sport, and BMW 328 can be had for the same price as the GTI. I'm actually checking out the A4 FrontTrak for about $50 less a month than the GTI Autobahn. I love the GTI, but the price and residual value of the Autobahn package are deal breakers.
  • topspin628topspin628 Posts: 373
    edited November 2010
    BTW- if you find an 10 infiniti G37 coupe, they are making some unbelievable deals.
    Would love to hear your impressions of the Audi. Is it the same engine as the GTI?
    Loved the sound and reving of the GTI engine note. Seats seemed to be better than the Audi A4 I sat in as well.
  • pgo1pgo1 Posts: 9
    Carman, could you please tell me what the November residual and money factors are for a base GTI 4-door (no sunroof, manual transmission) for a 10,000 mile per year lease? Thanks.
  • Would love to hear the prices you were quoted on the C 300 and 328 as well as your impressions of test drives.
    Thanks
  • I certainly can, pgo1.

Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 GTI with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 58%, respectively.

Don't forget that VW is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • edr6edr6 Posts: 1
    Please post lease factors plus pre-purchase 10K additional miles.

Going to try to trade a leased 2008 GLI 4 door early, 6 months pymts remain ~ $1,800, resid $15K, 50K miles, excellent condition - loaded.
  • Hi edr6. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Golf TDI 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00176 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

I'd like to know the money factor and residual on a 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2-door 5-speed (base model MSRP is approximately $17,965), and get your opinion of and any suggestions that you might have regarding Volkswagen's current lease offer of $269 a month/36 months/36k miles.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.