Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_man, thanks for the reply! The sticker price is $32,760 but they say they have a $3000 dealer equipment addition (even though they don't add any additional equipment)??? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
  • pawesner, that is a terrible deal. You can negotiate a lease's sale price just like purchasing a car otherwise, so never settle for MSRP. As for the $3,000 additional equipment, it sounds like they are simply taking advantage of you and have lined their pockets. If you already signed, it's too late.
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Car Man,

Could you give me the best numbers (36, 39, 42 months) for a GTI autobahn 4 door automatic (DSG) with 10K miles per year?

What are the residuals and money factors?

Thanks,

Bo
  • You're welcome pawesner. The MSRP is one important number, the selling price is the other. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you let me know what selling price you are shooting for, I can work up a sample payment on this car for you. I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice. You can look up the invoice price of this care in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

$3,000 in dealer-added accessories is absurd. What in the heck are they claiming that they put on this car?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey Bo. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn 4-door with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00161 and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00161 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please let me know what are the residual value and money factor for 36-month lease of 2013 2-door VW GTI (Base with convenience package and Moonroof). Can you please send numbers for 12kmiles/year and 15kmiles/year.

I contacted local dealer and he claims for 12k/year Residual Value of $15,213 and Money Factor of .00088. Invoice for this vehicle is 26400 and MSRP is 27600. His offer is $359/month with $2000 down payment. I think this is way too much and it should be ~320/month. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Car Man,

Kindly give us the money factor/residual for 2013 GTI autobahn DSG/4door leases for 36 months/10k/12K miles.

Thank you kindly,

Bo
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi sergojin. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Having said that, I love the GTI but I've always found it to be a tad more than I wanted to pay to lease one so it's not the greatest vehicle in the world from a lease value perspective. Oh that and I had a couple of kids and it's not very big ;).

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly Bo. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00050 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • blatz1blatz1 Posts: 1
    I currently have a 2013 GLI base and I love the car. Only problem is that I regret getting an auto (my first car). I'm dying to drive a manual because autos are beyond boring. I got the car mid Oct. 2012 and only have 1700 miles on it. 3 year lease. How much do you think it would cost in penalties, well in total, to swap my current car, which looks brand new, with a lease for a GTI manual base? Thanks
    Hi blatz1. It would probably cost A LOT to get out of this lease right now, even if you do want to get another VW. If VW Credit allows it, you could try to find someone to assume your current lease, but there's not really any reason for someone to do so when they could get a brand new car on their own for around the same price, so you likely would have to throw some cash out there.

It's probably not worth the expense to try to switch to a manual.

Car_man
    Host
  • drbyfdrbyf Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, I was wondering what you thought about a 2000$ down, total, including all fees, tax, registration etc, for 36 mo at 12K/yr at 300$/mo. thanks!
  • eduar118eduar118 Posts: 4
    Hello Car Man, I want to know the money factor and the residual value for GTI 36m/10k - for the autobahn, sunroof and nav and the sunroof and convenience. Also what is the % of profit, around 10-15%?. I live in Miami FL
  • eduar118eduar118 Posts: 4
    Car Man can you please give me the money factor for 36m/10k for autobahn 2dr
    Hi drbyf. Do you happen to know that this car's MSRP and selling price are? Those figures would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello eduar118. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn with sunroof, navigation, convenience and 10,000 miles per year are .00050 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can look up exactly how much of a spread there is between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Eduar118, please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • jonathannycjonathannyc Posts: 12
    Hi Carman! because of you I negotiated an insane deal on my Odyssey (got it for 8K off MSRP!) now to do the same with this bad boy.

looking at a 4 door Manual Transmission GTI with Navigation and Sunroof **NOT the autobahn edition)

looking for MF and residual.

15,000 miles.

quick question. do they do higher mileage leases? like say 20k/year? is that something that can be done? (obviously it can be done but is there a formula to calculate lease residuals on something like that?)

as always thanks CarMan!
  • carbonrcarbonr Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, would you know the residual and money factor for 2013 Golf R 4-door with navigation, 15,000/year, 24-month lease? Many thanks in advance.
    That's great news about the Odyssey, jonathannyc. Let's see what we can do for you on the GTI.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI 4 door with sunroof, navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If so and you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes I do, carbonr. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Golf R with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gambrillgambrill Posts: 10
    Could you be so kind as to post Sign Then Drive lease details on the following vehicles?

GTI - Drivers Edition
    GTI - Wolfsburg
    Golf R

Thank you very much
  • gambrillgambrill Posts: 10
    I forgot to add, 12k miles per year.
    Hi gambrill. Through July 8th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 GTI Driver's Edition or Wolfsburg with 15,000 miles per year are .00139 and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Golf R are .00142 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • the last money factor posted helped me get an idea of what rate vw is offering right now. But, I am not sure what the % of residual price means. Is it % of MSRP or sale price?

Also, is there a formula for calculating miles on a lease? Current manufacturer lease deals are 12k/yr deals. I need a 15k deal. Any way to take the advertised special and apply it to more miles?

Thanks.
    Hi pizzakid13. Lease payments are made up of two main parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. Vehicles' residual values are used to calculate how much depreciation lessees have to pay. They are based upon a percentage of vehicles' full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized.

All of manufacturers' published residual values are usually based on leases with 15,000 miles per year. The residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are usually 2% higher, through some banks are an exception to this.

It sounds as though you might be somewhat new to leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks. Actually, this will be my 3rd. The first was a while ago though. I just purchased my '10 GTI and plan to sell since the buyout is much lower than retail. So I figure I can at least make up the taxes paid over 3 years.

So, if I understand correctly, I can add two percent to the manufacturers advertised 12k leases to get a price for a 15k?
  • m6pwrm6pwr Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    What are the money factor and residual figures for a 36 mo/10k mi lease with top tier credit on:

2013 GTI dr base

2012 Golf R 2 dr (new)

Thanks for your help.
  • addmundsaddmunds Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hello Sirs and Madams,

I am planning to lease GTI 2013 (15,000miles/yr; 36months; 2door automatic with Conv./Sunroof Pack) and I have few inquiries. Please Help!

1) What is the Residual% as of August 2013? (What dealer would use)
    2) What is the Money Factor as of August 2013? (What dealer would use)
    3) From Calculating my own lease guide(http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html) the example is using .00375 as a money factor and states it's common rate however, on other posts, gti was around .00036. Am I using the wrong number here?
    4) PZEV or not, the price is the same. If I can choose, should I go with PZEV?
    5) I did a credit check with one of the VW dealer, can other VW dealer view the results?
    6) Is this a bad time to lease GTI as redesigned 2015 will be coming out in spring 2015?

Thank you very much!!
  • mykey7mykey7 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I am looking to lease a 2013 4dr drivers package with dsg. I live in NYC , looking for 12000 miles. Are their any incentives? What is th MF and residual? What would a 36 mont lease look like. id loke to put down $1500 total . Thank you in advance.
This discussion has been closed.