Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi donuschak. Volkswagen pulled the plug on its lease support on 2012 models. If you really want to lease, you would be better off going with a 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car Man,

Thanks so much for all your insight, very very informative site and these lease blogs are awesome.

Question:

What are with current lease rates for a 2013 4-door GTI Autobahn. Looking for 36 mo. 12k maybe 15k mile lease?

Was quoted the following and it seemed high to me.

MSRP $31,600, offered $30,420. 36 month, MF .00168 Residual 55% $3,500 down leaving me with a monthly @ $416

Thanks!
  • hi guys

first time posting. i've been reading this forum for the last hour and failing algebra 1 in high
    school does not help me understand any of this, so please help!
    heres my situation. already have two cars in the house, but i always wanted to drive a manual gti and wife finally agreed! when i told her about 1999 down 36 months $289 deal thats going on.
    she wants me to do 2 year lease, and checking some of my nearest dealers inventory. i found these two with the color option that i want
    msrp 27,405
    msrp 31,025

i want to do 2 year lease with 10,000 or 12,000 mile lease with 1999 down.
    how much monthly payment should i be paying or ask dealer for realistically, when i call them?

my situation is all dependent on what my wife thinking process. seems like the consensus here is 0 down but she does not seem to mind 2000 down pay, so given the scenario that im willing to downpay 2000 including taxes fees, etc. what should my monthly payment be?

i know i am clueless, but any input would be appreciated! thx
  • pawesnerpawesner Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Hello Car_man,

I leased the 2013 GTI Autobahn on 1/18/13 in Huntington Beach California. I have excellent credit (over 800). The total price was $32,760. My lease is 36 months & 15,000 miles per year. I put 0 down and am paying $599/month. Is this a fair deal? Thank you.
  • saladariiisaladariii Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I was asking for $0 down and got the following prices from Galpin VW in van nuys.

42 Months 36 Months Down Payment
    396.41 427.53 750

The 750 covers first month's payment and fees.

I think that's extremely high. GTI doesn't have great lease deals currently though but you could technically buy a 2012 GTI Autobahn with 0% APR for that price and with additional 2 years of payment you could have owned the car. :)

What is your residual?
  • The risidual is $17,362.80. I just saw on the paperwork that the Adjusted Capitalized Cost is $37,522.74. My sticker price was $32,760.00. Is that normal???
  • Hi again Saladariii,

1) So your offer was was for the 2013 GTI Autobahn? (Sticker $32,760)
    2) Was it for 15,000 miles?
    3) $750 Down & $427.53/month for 36 months?

I need to contact McKenna and dicuss my lease. Thanks for your help!
  • You're very welcome cambiamento. Thank you for the kind words.

Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn 4-door with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

$3,500 is too much money to put down on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man: You wrote: Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn 4-door with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This is exactly what I want. I am top tier credit. What should the payment be on 0 down? My sticker price is $32,760. They quoted me $599.00/month.
  • Hi pawesner. This car's payment will depend upon what its selling price is. Do you have a selling price in mind?

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man, thanks for the reply! The sticker price is $32,760 but they say they have a $3000 dealer equipment addition (even though they don't add any additional equipment)??? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
  • pawesner, that is a terrible deal. You can negotiate a lease's sale price just like purchasing a car otherwise, so never settle for MSRP. As for the $3,000 additional equipment, it sounds like they are simply taking advantage of you and have lined their pockets. If you already signed, it's too late.
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Car Man,

Could you give me the best numbers (36, 39, 42 months) for a GTI autobahn 4 door automatic (DSG) with 10K miles per year?

What are the residuals and money factors?

Thanks,

Bo
  • You're welcome pawesner. The MSRP is one important number, the selling price is the other. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you let me know what selling price you are shooting for, I can work up a sample payment on this car for you. I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice. You can look up the invoice price of this care in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

$3,000 in dealer-added accessories is absurd. What in the heck are they claiming that they put on this car?

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Bo. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn 4-door with 10,000 miles per year are .00068 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00161 and 54%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00161 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please let me know what are the residual value and money factor for 36-month lease of 2013 2-door VW GTI (Base with convenience package and Moonroof). Can you please send numbers for 12kmiles/year and 15kmiles/year.

I contacted local dealer and he claims for 12k/year Residual Value of $15,213 and Money Factor of .00088. Invoice for this vehicle is 26400 and MSRP is 27600. His offer is $359/month with $2000 down payment. I think this is way too much and it should be ~320/month. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
  • bodidbodid Posts: 87
    Car Man,

Kindly give us the money factor/residual for 2013 GTI autobahn DSG/4door leases for 36 months/10k/12K miles.

Thank you kindly,

Bo
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi sergojin. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Having said that, I love the GTI but I've always found it to be a tad more than I wanted to pay to lease one so it's not the greatest vehicle in the world from a lease value perspective. Oh that and I had a couple of kids and it's not very big ;).

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Certainly Bo. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GTI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00050 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • blatz1blatz1 Posts: 1
    I currently have a 2013 GLI base and I love the car. Only problem is that I regret getting an auto (my first car). I'm dying to drive a manual because autos are beyond boring. I got the car mid Oct. 2012 and only have 1700 miles on it. 3 year lease. How much do you think it would cost in penalties, well in total, to swap my current car, which looks brand new, with a lease for a GTI manual base? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.