Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen GTI Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_M

Can you please work mine up for 36 and 39 and 48 mos-12,000 mi per yr.?
    ZERO down-roll all charges into lease----but I'd like to know what those charges are---breakdown. Money factors and residuals, too.

2006 GTI MKV
    6-SPEED MANUAL
    PKG. 2
    18" HUFFHEISEN WHEELS/TIRES

MSRP=$26,530
    I can buy for: $23,500
    Both include dest.

I'm in Newark, DE

Many thanks~!
  • Thanks for reply Car_man. I couldnt wait, (and may have paid for it), but I got the new GTI for 350/month 12k per year, no money down, $782 due at sign for tax/title/etc... I had 2 months left on my current Passat lease at 340/month along w/ about $500 in damages to the body. The price of the car was 22k, w/ sirius radio, and the 18inch rim and manual trans
    I figure w/ the damage to my car,the last 2 payments remaining, and not putting any money down, the deals not too bad, but always feel like the dealership is high fiving each other like the realtors in the "Money Pit" after they sell the house to Tom Hanks and Shelly long lol

edit: I will say the car is a blast to drive, and lots of fun blowing thru the 6 speed manual tranny
  • Looking to lease a 2006 GTI MkV DSG with an MSRP of $23,695 (hopefully I could get it for 2% above invoice and I'll be putting $1500 down, so after all that I would get it for $21,066). I know its longer than most but I was looking to lease for 5 years (60 months) so I wanted to get some insight on the residual percentage and the money factor for this car and this lease term from VW credit.
  • ireboundirebound Posts: 1
    The dealer quoted me for a GTI MkV 6 speed with package 2 and 18" wheels lease for 48 months 12k per year

"MSRP of the GTI $26,530.00--selling price $23,790.00 +tax,tittle,lic.,and fees. The residual is 50%, the money factor is .00248"

is this a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Excellent choice, subiedubie. The latest object of my desire is the Volkswagen GTI. It's a neat car. I was at the press days for the New York Auto Show this week and VW had a cool display for it, complete with a man-size "Fast." I need to get one of those things :shades: . If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year,, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00140 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease of this car should be .00186 and 48%. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $26,530 and a selling price of $23,500, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payments should be around $301 for 36 months and $292 for 48 months. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived, which I personally would not do, the money factors that are used to calculate this car's lease payment would be .00015 higher. You can either add VW Credit's $575 acquisition fee into your car's cap cost, pay it at signing, or have it waived in exchange for a .00060 money factor increase.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    You're welcome, lostinatl. Congratulations on your new car! Enjoy it (it's a good one so I know you will).

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, I think you quoted 1.8T money factors and residuals by accident. Your suggestions on the security deposit and the acquisition fee are golden. Are these numbers (acq and sec deposit) the same on the 2.0T?

Thanks,
    IU
    Hi trdmatrix88. You definitely should not lease a car for 60 months. That's way too long. A lot can change in your life to cause you to need to get out of your car before the scheduled end of a five year lease...and doing so is almost always expensive. Your family situation could change causing you to need a larger vehicle, your commute could change causing you to go way over your mileage allowance, you could just plain get sick of your car, etc... Not to mention the fact that the interest rates for a 60 month loan would be more than double the rates for a 36 month or even a 48 month lease. In fact, I'm not even sure if VW Credit leases vehicle for 60 months. I've never seen any information on 60 month leases through it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi irebound. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me, and the money factor looks good as well. If you like the car, and I don't see how you couldn't ;) , you may want to go ahead with this deal. For additional feedback on this selling price, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Volkswagen GTI: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • rowflyrsrowflyrs Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, I am interested in leasing a 2006 GTI. Dealer quoted me a cost of $25,870? What should be the present residual on this car? Is it negotionable? He quoted me with $2200 down and 415/month for 36 months, 10,000 miles per year. :mad: I realize that this well above market, where should the monthly payments range? Thanks.
  • jpierce26jpierce26 Posts: 60
    Hi Car_man,

I hope you are well. Glad to see you are still around... You helped me a couple years ago with my VW. I think it is time for me to ask for some more help.

I am looking at the 2006 VW GTI with option #2 and NAV. Looks like the MSRP is about $27,580 (Base, Dest, Package #2, NAV)

The dealer I have been working with is giving me $300 over invoice off the bat, didn't need to negotiate anything. This makes the car cost me $25,646.

What would the MF and residual be for a 3 year lease. I tried to use some of your other numbers above, but not sure if they are correct for this month. I have .57 and .00215 which makes a $390.17 payment.

Can I assume those numbers or are there updated numbers?

Thanks,

JP
  • racerx00racerx00 Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man, you are a hero to car buyers everywhere!

Well me anyways..

This is the deal my dealer is giving me on an '06 GTI MK V w/ Package 2 and no additional goodies:

MSRP: 25,780
    Price: $25,100
    Money down: $1250 (+tax and DMV)
    Term: 36 Month/12k a year
    Money: 0.00215
    Residual: 54%
    Monthly Payments: $339

How am I doin here? He seems to be pretty confident I wouldn't be able to get better numbers elsewhere. Thanks Car_Man! :D
    Hi rowflyrs. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00140 and 55%, respectively. Neither of these items are negotiable, but make sure that the dealer you are working with does not mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. I would be happy to calculate what this car's lease payment should be for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP (with the destination charge added in). Let me know and I'll do some calculations.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back jpierce26. $300 over invoice is a great price for this car. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00140 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks racerx00 :blush: . You aren't getting much of a discount on this car. Have you tried shopping around a little to see if any other dealers in your area are willing to give you a better deal? I would if I was in your shoes. Also, this car's June money factor is much lower than the one that you were quoted for May. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00140 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • timdaogtimdaog Posts: 3
    This is what the dealer gave me today:

Car: 2006 GTI 2.0L w/ pkg 2, 18" wheels, candy white, transaction to be in linden, new jersey
    Price: $26,534
    Lease: 36 month, 15k miles
    Down Payment: $7500 (trade-in of 2001 GTI VR6 w/ 76k miles
    good to fair condition)
    Monthly Payment: $288

Using the lease calculator I estimated the money factor and residual value to be 0.003 and 54% respectively.

Is this a good deal? Any more info needed please let me know. Thanks.

Tim
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Posts: 18
    I'm interested in leasing a 2006 Golf and would like to know the MF and Residual for 3yr/12k, 3yr/10k and 3yr/15k. Since it's the older body style anyone know what kind of pricing I can expect? Are there any rebates/incentive? The MSRP is $20,600 and invoice is $19,200.

Thanks in advance!!
  • jperedojperedo Posts: 2
    Hello!
    Would you happen to know the money factors for the individual VW credit tiers?
    Also, what combination of credit score and income is required for each?
    Hi Tim. You definitely should not make such a large down payment when leasing. If your leased GTI (sweet car by the way) is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. You can still trade in your current GTI if you want the convenience that doing so provides. Just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be a big help if you would provide me with this car's full MSRP first. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and will enable me to use VW Credit's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Speaking of VW Credit's lease program, if you were to lease an '06 GTI 2.0L through it right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00198 and 54%. Make sure that you aren't being charged a money factor that is any higher than this.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello vwvw1. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0L through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00077 and 53%, respectively. This car's 12,000 miles per year residual value would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual would be 3% higher (than the 15K residual). I don't believe that Volkswagen is providing any cash incentives on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
This discussion has been closed.