Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi drjosh. The regular Jetta's special lease program is actually better than the Value Edition's program right now. If you were to lease a 2006 VW Jetta 2.5 through VW Credit this month for 36 months (its 36 month program is much more attractive than its 39 month program) with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Volkswagen is currently providing a $250 bonus for leases of it through VW Credit. It's not much, but every penny counts.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Here you go, belvette. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00080 and 53%. Trust me, you don't want to lease this car for 39 months. It's 39 month lease program is terrible. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

If you were to lease a 2006 VW Jetta 2.0T through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00049 and 60%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of this car should be .00049 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan:
    I am considering the purchase of the referenced Jetta. What credit score qualifies you for the current VW Credit at 3.9% and what is your advice on 'Drivers Option' financing? I am willing to put 10,000 down on a 22,980 purchase price. In your opinion, is it better to expend your cash in this manner or to finance?
    Thanks
    CyT
  • Car_Man,
    Thanks for the current leasing info on the 2006 Jetta. Do you know the charge per mile to buy additional miles at least signing through VW Credit?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Car_Man

Love the board you have going here, was wondering if you could help me out with my situation.

Currently I'm about halfway through a 3yr/36,000ml lease on an '04 Jetta. I'm somewhat friendly with the GM of the dealership I got it from so I called him earlier this week to ask him a few questions about my lease and ending it early without penalty. He said they might be willing to buy out my car and then start me on a lease for a new Jetta or Passat, etc. My car right now is under mileage (15K right now, should be at prob 18K) so I have a feeling this is very favorable for them to buy it out.

I was offered to come in and test drive the new Jetta and Passat this weekend and they asked me what I'm looking for if I were to start a new lease … I have a feeling they're going to really try hard to get me in a new car. Ideally, I'd love to end up with a black 2.5 Jetta automatic w/ leather, 6CD, Sirius, power everything, sunroof, winter package, etc. MSRP is $25,480 based on vw.com; not sure of what it would be here in Massachusetts. First, what should I be expecting for numbers? I'm willing to do either 36 or 48 mo at 12,000/yr. Also, would you say the leverage is in my hands? I certainly don't have to do anything on this, but I have a gut feeling this is a rare position where I might be able to really use some bargaining power to get the deal I want. How would you leverage this situation?

Thanks a ton.
  • wesamwesam Posts: 13
    Car_Man,

Can I please have the money factor, and residual on a 36 and 39 month lease at
    15k year for a 06' Jetta 2.5L? Also, are there any incentive/rebates available?
    Lastly, what is the acquisition fee?

I am in Wisconsin if that helps.

Thanks,

Wesam
  • g17g17 Posts: 45
    HI Car_Man...I have a quick lease question. I'm looking at a 2006 VW GLI. Its got a MSRP of 30,594, and a purchase of 29,315. Can you give me the residuals & money factor for a 24 & 36 month lease with 15k miles/yr? I plan to put $0 down; what would an estimated payment be? I'm in NJ w/ 6% tax.
  • First, let me compliment you on a fantastic message board. This service is very much appreciated.

I'd like the factors for a 36 month lease (15,000 mile/year) on a 2.0T, Package 3, w/NAV. MSRP=$32055. Sales Price is $30,000.

Thank you.
  • Hi tribble. I wouldn't put money down when getting a balloon note on a vehicle, which is what Volkswagen Credit's Driver's Option program is. Put the $10,000 that you have down if you want to get a conventional auto loan, but save your money if you go with the balloon note or a lease. I'm not sure what credit rating one has to have to qualify for the 3.9% rate that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, belvette. I know that VW Credit charges an excess mileage penalty of $0.15/mile on Jettas that are turned in over their mileage allowance, but I am not sure how much of a discount it provides for miles purchased at lease signing. I suspect that it charges around $0.10 to $0.12 per mile, but you will need to check with a dealer to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm glad that you like this discussion so much, stadium117. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 (not the Value Edition) through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 55%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00137 and 49%.

Despite what you have ben told I actually don't think that you have much leverage in this situation at all. Of course, the dealership that you are working with is going to try its best to get you into a new car. That's what they do. The problem is that it is often fairly expensive for consumers to get out of leased vehicles well before their scheduled end dates. The vast majority of consumers are upside down on their leased vehicles and actually have to pay money to get out of them early. It is possible that you are in the rare position of someone who can actually get out of their lease early at not cost, but be careful that you aren't hurting your bargaining power by having the dealer that you work with bake some of the cost of getting out of your current lease into your new deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, Wesam. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 (not the Value Edition) through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 52%, respectively. For some reason, I don't believe that VW is providing support on 39 month leases of this car right now. VW Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. I believe that Volkswagen is currently providing a $250 cash incentives on '06 Jetta 2.5 models that that are leased through VW Credit right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost of the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey g17. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI through VW Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00072 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00072 and 52%. Using these numbers and the prices that you mentioned, an MSRP of $30,594 and a selling price of $29,315, I estimate that this car should have a zero down, pre-tax 24 month lease payment of around $466 and a 36 month payment of around $405.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the compliment, thebrooklynboy. Here is the informaiton that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Sedan through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 53%, respectively. Let me know if have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • OK, so wife and I were desperate to replace a 2000 Jetta that had blown its engine (we're in Montgomery County, Maryland). We went to the closest dealer, test drove one car (the GLI) and were sold on it. The lowdown:

* $1500 down for tax, title, etc (down from $2,000 with $500 loyalty rebate - currently negotiating another $500 after we got a letter in the mail from the dealership for a $1000 loyalty rebate the day after we drove off the lot - DANG!)
    * ~$420/mo for 17,500 miles per year (we were charged $0.08 per mile above the 15,000/yr)
    * We got a 6-spd standard "Deep Black" GLI with pkg 1 and 2 (leather and nav)
    * First 4 oil changes included (every 5k)

Did we get pooched? I don't know - but we're happy with the car. We may have been able to drive off with a BMW or an Acura (or similar) for the same monthly, but we really like Jetta's - and really REALLY like the GLI.
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    You never mentioned the selling price.
  • Final price? Our contract says $28,050 +/- 100 (don't have it in front of me, but it's definitely in the 28's).

btw: 39 mo lease

>d
  • thjattythjatty Posts: 14
    I've been offered a deal on a new 2005.5 jetta 2.5 w/auto and package #2 xm.
    MSRP $26,740: offered to me at $21,240.

IS THIS A GOOD OFFER??? :confuse:
  • huskrhuskr Posts: 18
    I need the residual and money factor for the 2006 jetta gli. If someone can help me thank you asap please.
    never mind found the info. and leased a 2006 jetta gli premium pkg. #2, spoiler and rubber floor mats for no money down $345 a month (that is including tax, no other fees). It is a two year lease, 10,000 miles a year. Lease rate .00061 and 65%. Cost of the car was 29,058. Sale price was 25,927 plus $500 rebate.
  • swedishswedish Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man, and everyone here!

This is a great messege board, and I am happy that I found it! It a very helpful service, and it's awesome that this was started. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

I recently leased for the 1st time. I don't really understand all these ratios and small decimals you all are talking about, but I can give you this info:

I leased a 2006 GLI with package #2 + spoiler + added window tint ($240).

It is a 48 month lease w/15000 miles per year. I put $1500 down. The agreed upon value of the vehicle was $27,927. The gross capatilized cost was $28,502. There was a capitalized cost reduction of $601. The adjusted capitalized cost was $27,900. (Sorry if this is too much info, but I have never leased before, so I'm not sure what you need to help me :confuse: )The residual value is $13,420 after 48 mo's. The depreciation and any amortized amounts was $14,480.

I have a payment of $425/mo. I this a fair deal? I thought it was after penciling the deal about 6 times.

The car is still "at port", so they gave me loaner until the car gets here next week. If this is not a fair deal, can I renegotiate the deal before delivery, or get out of it? Also, if it is not a fair deal, what points should I use to argue down the monthly payment?

I truly appreciate anyone's help, and if more info is needed please let me know!

Sincerely,

Swedish
    unless your credit is not good this sounds like a very high payment. Plus you put money down. Volkswagen lease right now is better at a two year than at a three year. I don't know much about a 48 month lease. If you already signed papers the deal is done, more than likely. We leased the same car, but no tint for $345 no money down, that is with tax 7%. Two year lease 10,000 mile lease. You also did 15,000 miles which I also don't know the figures. Good luck and check this sight out next time. It has helped a lot.
  • msneidermsneider Posts: 1
    Hello huskr. Sounds like you got a great deal on the GLI. Can I ask where you got it?
  • lastorylastory Posts: 13
    I'm looking at a 2006 Jetta GLI, Automatic, Package #1, Spoiler. I have a price of $26,553. What kind of a lease can I expect if I only want a total drive of $600.00. I can do 36-48 months. I want 12,00 miles per year. I have five months left on my Passat lease, but I was told that they would cover up to 6 remaining payments with VCI's current offer. I live Los Angeles. Their current lease offers mentions $1,200 customer cash, whatever that is and $500 owner cash and vehicle trade in. Any help would be appeciated.
    I have negotiated a price of $25995.00 for a 2006 GLI, Auto with Package #1. I was wondering what the residual and money factor info is. I'm looking at 12,000 miles, and a total drive off of $800.00. Originally I was told VCI would cover the 5 payments on my lease that are remaining, but now I'm told that it's only if you own a Jetta and I have a Passat. They are offering me $364 plus tax for 36 months. What should I expect for 48 months and is this a bad deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome Swedish. I;m glad that you enjoy this discussion so much. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. They will clear up a lot of the questions that you have.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on the lease that you signed, but it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with this car's full MSRP first. This number will enable me to see how much of a discount you were given on it and to use VW's current lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be.

It may be difficult for you to renegotiate your lease at this point. Since you have not physically taken delivery of your car yet, you probably would be able to back out of the deal if you really wanted to, but if you have given the dealer any money you would have a tough time getting it back.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi lastory. If you were to lease a 2006 Volkswagen GTI through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00119 and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that VW is currently providing a $500 cash bonus on leases of '06 Jetta GLI models. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal and to calculate a 48 month lease payment on this car for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • will2702will2702 Posts: 13
    CarMan,
    Can you get me the money factor and residual value for the GLI jetta or the 2.0T Jetta? This would be for a 2yr 10k/yr or a 3yr 10k/yr lease. thanks a lot
    Thanks, so here are the details. A 2006 GLI automatic, with package #1, MSRP 26,955, I will pay 25,781. I'm for payments for a 36 and 48 month lease.
  • benji123benji123 Posts: 61
    Car_man,

Could you please give me the LMF and the residual value % for a 24-month, 12,000 miles per year lease of the following? I saw the special on the Value Edition on the VW website and I'm curious to know which one has the best lease support in March (trying to get one by tomorrow).

2006 Jetta Value Edition
    2006 Jetta 2.5
    2006 Jetta 2.0T

P.S. - I was offered $217+tax per month with $1000 up front (including fees, security deposit waived) for 24 months, 12,000 miles per year ...
This discussion has been closed.