Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• kellihkellih Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man! One more question - can you tell me current lease factor and residual value for a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg, 36-month, 10K/yr?

Many thanks,
    kellihm
  • Hi guys,
    Can you please tell me the current residual and money factor on a 2009 Jetta SE automatic for 3 years, 12K miles/year?
    I am looking at a negotiated price of $19,447 (19,497 plus 700 freight less 750 rebate), $1500 down including first months payment, and I believe they quoted me about $246 per month. I am located in Alexandria, VA. What do you think??
    Also, the salesman said "If I apply the dealer rebate of $500 you will then get the standard money factor/lease rate of .00370." This doesnt seem like an accurate statement on his part.

BTW, you are doing everyone such an awesome service here...my salesman was seriously surprised (not happily) that I knew so much, and I was able to negotiate a better deal. Thank you!
  • badduckbadduck Posts: 1
    car_man

Thanks for providing us the leasing information. Its been a great help and a tool to bargain against the car dealers.

Question:
    -------------
    Need MF and Residual for the following lease:

Model: Jetta S
    Mileage: 10k per year
    Term: 24 months

Neg 1k below invoice, 0.00097 (MF) and 60% residual. Thoughts?

Thanks.
  • car_man - your information is great. It's safe to say, we appreciate your work.

Regarding VW Credit's lease money factor, is that based on a certain credit rating? I thought VW had an A-tier and B-tier. Do you know what the score cutoff for each is? And does each tier have a different money factor?

We are looking at a 2009 Jetta SE. We haven't approached the dealer yet since we wanted to get our proverbial ducks in a row.

Again, thanks for your work in this forum.

- txaggie
  • Car_Man

A NJ dealer is quoting $290/Month for a 2010 Jetta S, 36 Months; 10,000 Miles. Money Factor: 0.00177, Residual 58%, Cap Cost $18,127 (includes destination fee). Is this a good deal? I have an excellent credit rating.
  • Can anyone tell me how a VW lease shows up on your credit report? I am about to lease for the first time. Does the entire amount to be paid for the lease term show?? Thank you!
  • the total amount of the lease payments along with residual, basically vehicles purchase price plus interest are displayed, along with actual monthly payment and term, however i am not sure how the credit bureaus calculate the lease for your total outstanding debt, about to complete my 2nd VW Credit lease
  • oops, need to make a revision to my original reply, the credit report will show the total amount of the lease payments for the entire term of loan as high credit, forgot I had negative equity on the 2 vehicles i traded in on my 1st VW
  • Thank you! That really helps! The dealer couldn't answer this question.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Exactly, I lease an 08 Jetta and it showed a total for the whole lease amount.
  • cg62cg62 Posts: 8
    I need money factor and residual for 2010 SE and Wolfsburg Jetta. 12K and 15K
    36 months.

Thanks for your help.
  • The MF I was quoted on a 2010 Wolfsburg 12k x 36mo was .0023 in Florida.
  • I am interested in a 2010 SE or Wolfsburg edition for 10k, for 36/48 months. Could you post the MF and residual.

Are there any loyalty or other incentives on these models? Thanks for your inputs.
  • No problem, bossy22. Thank you for the additional information. OK, so you were quoted a selling price of $19,014 on a 2009 Jetta S that has an MSRP of $19,514. That's a $500 discount. If the selling price that you were quoted is before the deduction of any available incentives, it is a very good deal. However, if the dealer is not backing the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through VW Credit out of this price then I think that you may be able to do better.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You're welcome, kellihm. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg with 10,000 miles per year are .00236 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks leaseismore. I'm glad that you find this site so informative.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Sedan SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively.

What you were told about the dealer cash not being compatible with this car's special lease program is correct, however Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions through its captive finance company. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi badduck. $1,000 under dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for this car.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Jetta S Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00077 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks txaggie91. Yes, one does have to have a certain credit score to qualify for VW Credit's best available money factors. I'm not sure what the cutoff is in order to qualify for its best factors. I'll ask around and see what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi martinasencio. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car are right in line with VW Credit's current program for it. That is a good thing.

The other important number is this car's selling price. It's good that you have it, but you didn't give us anything to compare it with. Either this car's full MSRP or its dealer invoice would be helpful. Let us know what those numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, cg62. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg are .00236 and 58%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man for the info. Leased a 2010 jetta wolfsburg DSG last night.

$358 per month
    D.A.S. just motor vehicle fees
    15k per year.
    includes recent college grad program VW pays first months payment.
    MSRP 24,135 includes mat kit and net kit.
    SP $22,000 after $1000 VW incentive money

VW has a total of $1000 available toward a lease + college program..
  • Hi melech37. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00138 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00200 and 51%.

On the 2010 Wolfsburg, the 36 month numbers are .00236 and 61% and the 48 month numbers are .00270 and 54%.

This month Volkswagen is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the '10 Jetta through its captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, cg62. Congratulations on getting your Wolf. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Can anyone tell me what the residual for a 2009 JSW SE with manual transmission is? Both 12K and 10K miles/year. I have a quote and they said the residual is 46% and 47% for 12K and 10K miles/year, respectively. Thanks!
  • CG62, I am picking up my 2010 Wolf tomorrow. Did you have to pay a security deposit? - Thanks
    I did not have to pay a security deposit. good luck with your new Wolfy
  • vicu2vicu2 Posts: 2
    Would like to know what is the best deal out there for a 3 years lease / 15K miles allowance per year/no money down and with FICO > 760 .

My wife got a quote (they said) at $1,000 bellow invoice and the money factor somewhere at 0.048, which I thought it was extremelly high.I may be looking to go through a different bank (Chase,Wells) for better lease programs.Her payment came up to $327 (tax oncluded) for an `09 Jetta 5C SE (no GPS),but well equipped othewise (sunroof,6CD,heated seats).We`re in thr Bay Area (CA).

All replies will be much appreciated.
  • selmselm Posts: 122
    Hi Car_man!

Do you know if the program for the 2010 Wolfsburg Jetta (DSG) changed for October? Is there a cash incentive for leasing?

If there wasn't a change in the program, it looks to me like it might be a much better deal to purchase instead of lease. Do you know if there is 0% financing for 36 months for the Wolf?

Thanks for all of your help. You have been a great resource over the years.
  • vicu2vicu2 Posts: 2
    Actually, the money rate quoted is 0.00048 for the 20009 VW Jetta SE (36 mos/12K miles a year)..I missed on 2 zeros.Is that their buy rate or not? It seems that there`s a $750 money factor for the 2009 leases,hence the $1,000 bellow invoice (quoted) would make it actually $250 net beelow it.

Does this sound like a pretty good deal?

Still trying to get the money factor (buy rate) for 15K miles/year,since I`d like to decide if it`s worth to get the higher miles upfront or to pay for the overmiles at the end ($0.20/mile). Anyone did the math on this one yet?

Thank you.
  • I just leased a 2010 Jetta SE in Tucson. I paid zero down (except 1st month's payment). 48 months, `10K yr. Monthly payments are $328 including TTL, sales tax, bank fee, OTD. Did everything by e-mail. Only went in to test the car and sign the papers. Will never negotiate any other way in the future.

I leased on OCT 2, so this is academic, but there was some confusion about incentives in Sept. Someone here said there was a $500 incentive, but Consumer Reports, which I have always found be be reliable, says NO incentives on the 2010 model.
This discussion has been closed.