Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    I'm leasing a 2006 jetta whose lease is up in June. I've been paying those $75 oil changes. Are you saying if I lease a 2009, the oil changes are now covered?

If I can get an loaded altima as described by stoopy for $0 down for around $300/$320 a month, I'd consider the altima for sure. My payment for the 2006 jetta was $325 a month for 36 months/15k miles a year with 0 down. If i can get the same payment/miles on the loaded altima 4 cylinder, I probably would go that route.

To me, the leatherette seats are just fine-- they're heated. Not a big deal that they're not leather. Jetta has a great center armrest too..awesome adjustment. Not crazy about the legroom- right knee tends to rest again the center console.

I prefer sirius over XM, even after the merger. I think both cars deal with sirius.
  • clasysclasys Posts: 26
    If you can not imagine $300 a month for fully loaded Altima, you better read Nissan Altima Lease Questions thread more carefully, Yours truly - July 08, 08 Altima 2.5 SL with Technology package, floor mats, MSRP 27 thousand and change, push-button start, heated leather, dual -zone climate, 6CD Bose stereo, XM sattelite, bluetooth, 39 moths lease, 12K miles - $309 per month, $550 total drive-off. From reading recent posts in Altima lease thread, I see that people are still getting pretty comparable deals on similar models as I type. Also, as proud former owner of 2 Passats (1999 and 2004), I find new Altima far superior in every aspect to Passats I had. Heck, I like it so much - my wife now drives my 07 SL AWD Murano with Touring package (a close to 40K fully loaded crossover that rides almost as nicely as sedan) full time, even though new Altima was meant for her. Take it from VW owner with 10 years of experience - you might really want to take a closer look at Altima, even though its not as sexy looking as VWs.
  • garypengarypen Posts: 1,482
    You've heard of sales tax, DMV fees, and options, right? That is why the OTD price is 22,318.

Using monthly payments to compare the value of 60 month loan to a 36 month lease is ludicrous. The fact that you look at monthly payments vs. the total cost of the car tells me that you don't understand auto financing, and are probably the kind of customer a salesperson loves. Are you going to pull out a four-square now?

And, if you can find a SportWagen SE for $18K, you should jump on. Oh. That's right. You don't like vinyl seats. (BTW the invoice is 22,330 w/dest and options, so the $20,259 selling price I got is reasonable.) If the lease was based on an $18K selling price it would be even less expensive than the $327 I was referring to, wouldn't it? So, even more of a better value.

You may hate VW's, or prefer Altima's. That is great. I prefer Pepsi to Coke. But, it is a moot point in this discussion. You are simply wrong about comparative costs of leasing vs. buying.
  • garypengarypen Posts: 1,482
    If the Altima came in a wagon with fold-flat seating, we would have checked it out. But, the closest they had was the Rogue, which we didn't like as much as the SportWagen.

Anyway, I gotta go find the Jetta Leasing and Buying Forum. I mistakenly wandered into the Altima vs. Jetta Forum.
  • clasysclasys Posts: 26
    No, you're in correct thread. This is not Jetta vs Altima fan-boy battle. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was you who stated that "Our new Jetta, and our current Passats, are smoother, quieter, and better-looking than any similarly priced Japanese sedan from recent years." Also, you said that "So, quite frankly, I don't understand why people would choose an ugly, plasticky, whiny econobox, when, for about the same price, they can drive something in an entirely other class. ...I also can't imagine a fully loaded mid-trim Altima 36 month lease for $300 with $0 down."
    Assuming from your post that you actually NEVER rode in new Altima, and you CAN"T imagine a $300 a month for MUCH better loaded car compared to Jetta wagon, and taking in consideration my own experience with both VWs and new Altima, I took a liberty of posting a reply in hope that I'm being helpful. Apparently not, and I apologize for that. If you need a wagon, and won't consider a sedan, thats entirely different story, but please dont come stating that there is nothing nice compared to Jetta wagon for the price. There is, and as it appears, you CAN get MUCH BETTER loaded car for LESS money than Jetta Wagon. But then again, if you're so into Jetta, much luck to you in getting one.
  • stoopystoopy Posts: 105
    I didn't intend to get into any kind of Altima vs VW debate. As you said it was ol' Gary who brought up the SUPERIORITY OF GERMAN ENGINEERING. I was just saying having owned a Jetta and going to probably own an Altima in the next 2-3 months, I prefer the Altima hands down and it would be a cheaper lease in this scenario.

Gary-
    You were the one who originally asked "what we thought of a Jetta Wagen for $330 per month." Sorry for giving you my most honest and sincere answer. If I thought you wanted me to blow smoke about how AWESOME your deal was, I wouldn't have even responded. Next time you need your car dealin' VW ego stroked, don't post your rhetorical questions here.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Ah, so many cars now to choose from. All new cars are getting pretty nice. We should be glad that we are able to lease or drive a new car. The options are getting endless. Its a lease, that is the cool part, you could have both altima and the jetta within a few years.
    I happen to have an 08 Pontiac G6, not really what I wanted, but I have grown to appreciate it and actually see why others happen to like it. Would I prefer to be in a Honda or VW? Of course. ..lol. but the worse possible scenario would be that I wait until I turn the car back in.

Some people seek a certain feeling the cars gives you.

Lease what you like, I had the issue with asking other people what they thought of the cars when I test drove them, when really, its about how I like them. If it feels right, then do it. Its my choice, my money.

Anyway, back on topic......My dealer has alot of Jetta SEL, I would love to get the Jetta Wolfsburg. There is this red one here in town, with tinted windows, that car is hot!!
  • Money Factor and Residual on a Jetta SEL for February....any changes since January?
  • MSRP: $23,270

Selling Price: $22,750

(this has added in the inceptions: first payment, acquisition fee, tag etc of $1,452.62 so it would in reality be $21,297.38)

Residual is 50% and the money factor is .00178

and...

$23,095 MSRP
    $21,887 Selling Price
    $1,000 Rebate
    60% Residual
    $13,857 Residual Value
    0.00178 Money Factor

I am thinking that the first quote must have the residual wrong. I don't know. I am just wondering what the new numbers are from VW for Feb. Also I am not sure what the 1000 rebate is in the second quote. They second quote is bout 500 under invoice I think. Should I haggle a little more...or good deal?
  • Car-man, can you update us with the current rates for the wolfsburg please.

I'l looking for 2/24 and 3/36 numbers at 10k miles/yr

Thanks!
  • oops, that wasn't quite what I wanted to ask, nor was it very clear, I was tired

can I get residual and mf's for the following

2009 Jetta wolfsburg automatic transmission

24 months 24k miles

27 months 27k miles

36 months 36k miles

Thanks!
  • gotgt3gotgt3 Posts: 34
    Does anyone have numbers on lease's or purchase on a GLI?
  • I don't understand all these lease rates, etc but this is the deal I was quoted:

'09 Wolfsburg
    Manual / Tail Fin / Trunk Liner
    35 Month / 15k miles
    $0 out of pocket
    $790 back for last 2 months of my current lease
    $338 a month.

Is that a good deal? Basically they quoted me $10 less a month if I make the last 2 lease payments myself (so they are giving me 790 for about 350)

Thanks!
  • I am noticing a lot more car dealers doing this these days rather than accepting the trade in. In my case, I have two months left on my lease but I still have a $300 turn in fee with VW Credit. So I would still be out $300 and whatever damage they end up finding on my car.

Anyone else noticing this trend?
  • Hi Gary. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wagon SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 54%, respectively.

Volkswagen Credit charges a $575 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. I believe that it includes gap coverage at no additional charge.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi brendanm14. Volkswagen's lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta SEL Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00119 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • It's understandable, ausdtech, I'm tired too :) . Here's the info that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00178 and 61%. The 36 month numbers are .00178 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello gotgt3. Volkswagen's lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 52%, respectively.

If you choose to finance this car instead of lease it, you can do so through VW Credit at 3.9% for 3 years, 4.9% for 4 years, or 5.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • lookind for current money factor, residual for a 09 jetta se sedan, thanks 36 mos lease 0 down with 12k miles year
  • The January numbers were .00119 and 55%. Might be awhile before Car_Man gets you the current numbers.
This discussion has been closed.