Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• amarin76amarin76 Posts: 3
    Sorry, Car_man. 3year 36k miles.
  • vwgregvwgreg Posts: 22
    a 680-690 will usually be scored a b tier with vw credit. there is some dependency there regarding debt to income ratio, loan to value ratio and previous car loans
  • psfootepsfoote Posts: 2
    3yr/36,000 Zero out of pocket.
    22,893 MSRP
    22,293 (their sales offer)
    .00054 MF
    53% residual

Edmunds shows invoice at 21,500 what should i be able to get it for?

I live in Tampa Bay, FL

thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    I am assuming your doing a lease on an SE, not an S model?

The SE is a great model.
  • psfootepsfoote Posts: 2
    Yes, sorry, its an SE
  • sjeedsjeed Posts: 39
    Car_Man: What are the respective lease money factors and residuals for a 2009 Jetta Sedan models SE, SEL & TDI? The lease term would be 36 months, 12K or 10K miles per year, and I am in Northern California. Also, are the cash incentives of $750 (AT) and $1,250 (manual) still out there? Thank you!
    Well, it looks like they have an Autobahn summer event. Looked it up, and it doesn't look like an event to me. Flattering payments, but with a huge chunk of $$ down.

Looks to me they haven't really made anything more appealing than before.

If they offered deals like back in the spring of 08, then I could have gotten a Passat Komfort for cheaper than a Jetta. I am so waiting for a deal like that, because that could help me get out of my current lease.

The better the deal, the better it helps me out in general with my trade.

But, I think VW is doing fine, but at least offer 1 month of good deals.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    No problem, amarin76. The money factor for a lease with 12,000 miles per year is the same, but its residual value is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi sjeed. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Sedan SE or SEL with 12,000 miles per year are .00068 and 52%, respectively. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual value would be 1% higher.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on the Jetta TDI.

The cash incentives that you mentioned are indeed still available on leases of Jetta Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
  • Currently I have 7 months left on a 39-month lease of 2007 VW Jetta (Value Edition). I am 400 under the allowed mileage so I will be over by at least 7000 miles by the time I am done.

Called several VW dealers and asked about trade-in/early turn-in/new lease.....I got one favorable work-out but I like to know what you guys (the experts) think.

Total payoff on 07 Jetta: $13K
    Current value on trade-in based on KBB: $10K (38,500 miles)
    Residual: $11K
    Remaining payments: 7month @ $270 (including tax)

Dealer is offering me:

1) They will purchase my 07 Jetta for the entire payoff amount ($13k).
    2) No lease return fee of $350
    3) I lease a new 2010 California Edition Jetta with $0 security deposit
    4) My out of pocket expense at signing will be $1,000
    5) My monthly payment is $319 (including tax) I have asked for 15K/year mileage allowance this time...so I don't get in trouble for over mileage again.

My current FICO Score is 696, the dealer told me I am tier "C".

Do you think I can negotiate a better deal? or is this a fair trade?
  • passat_mxpassat_mx Posts: 32
    Car_man,
    Can you let me know the market lease terms for a 12/36 lease on a jetta wolfsburg? I'm in Southern California. Thanks.
  • blaurenceblaurence Posts: 4
    Hi, could you give me the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the VW SW TDI? both 12000 and 15000 -- not sure which will be offered.
    Thanks!
  • rmsnycrmsnyc Posts: 3
    Car Man-

can you provide me with some info to verify the $750 cash incentive on a lease of a jetta with auto? I mentioned it to my VW dealer and he acted like i was making it up.

What info can i present to him that will verify there is this cash incentive? Its not like VW mentions it on their website...

i have already worked out a deal- and would love to have $750 knocked off of the down payment.

thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, passat_mx. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wolfsburg Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00152 and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the cash incentives that are currently available on leases of it, $750 on Jetta Sedans with AT and $1,250 on Sedans with MT, into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello blaurence. Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on the diesel Jetta SportWagon. You probably do not want to lease this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rmsnyc. If the dealer that you're working with lies right to your face like that, you may want to consider shopping around and finding a different dealer rather than jumping through hoops to try to prove to him that it really exists when he has to know that it does. The $750 cash incentive on leases of '09 Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
    Ok, thanks.

The deal we worked out is this:

36/10k, $2400 down, incl 1st mnths pmt and all dealer fees, $245/mo including tax. I was approved for 'B' tier credit.

This is for a Jetta SE auto with ipod, bluetooth, mats, and 17" wheels.

Do you think this deal is good without the $750 incentive? (i.e., maybe he's already including the incentive) or do you think theres more room to reduce the price by $750 to allow me to take advantage of the incentive.

thanks!
    With $0 down you should be about $320 give or take. That down payment went where? I really hope you didn't sign anything. Only 10k miles?

Usually with a selling price of about $20-21k your about $299-320 per month.
    12k mile lease.

$1k=$20-30 off your payment.

I would start off with a $0 down first, never mention the down until later.
    What was your sale price?

I don't like this deal. I drive the 08 Jetta SE, and this is not too good of a deal.
    bvdj84,

well $320 minus the 245/mo im paying is a $75/mo difference, or $2700 total . And im only putting 2400 down. So isnt that a better deal than your proposed $320/mo and 0 down?

am i not understanding this correctly? please advise if i am missing something here as i do want to get a good deal.

please also note i was not approved for the A tier credit so i have the B tier. also that 245/mo includes tax, and the 2400 down includes 1st months pmt, dealer fees, bank fee, registration, etc.

please let me know how i could improve this deal. My sales price is $1600 under invoice.
    thanks!
  • blaurenceblaurence Posts: 4
    Is the 2010 Jetta sportwagen TDI likely to come out with good lease support or should we just switch to looking at buying? thanks!
This discussion has been closed.