Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi king_driven. Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI with automatic transmission and $1,250 on GLI Sedans with manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Farid. It's difficult to say what Volkswagen's incentives will be like on the 2013 Jetta GLI when it is first introduced, but I suspect it will take a month or two before the lease program that is available on it is as attractive as the program on the 2012 model right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

How do you prove to the dealer that there is an incentive.
    The dealer I went to told me there was no incentive on this car, and asked me to show them where I saw this information.

thanks.
  • Hello Carman,

Can you please let me know what the residual and money factor are for a 2012 VW GLI Autobahn w/ Navi? I am looking at a 3yr/12,000 mile lease. Are there anymore incentives for this lease? Thank you very much. I'm looking to possibly lease today or tomorrow. Btw, this site has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.
  • wsimoncmwsimoncm Posts: 1
    Car_man
    Can you tell me the money factor and residuals for a Manual Jetta Sportwagen TDI with Sunroof.
    it seems I'm in the middle of 2012 and 2013 models being available and wondering if I get a better deal with the '12 than the '13.
    (MSRP is $28,060, but average deal from truecar seems to $26,886 inc delivery)

I'm in Oakland CA.

Thanks
    Simon
  • What money factor can I expect on a 2012 VW Jetta TDI? Is it negotiable? Is the residual negotiable?
  • sho220zsho220z Posts: 8
    I am also interested in MFs and Residuals for the Jetta TDI, specifically the Premium model DSG, 3 years, 15K a year.
  • chad75chad75 Posts: 19
    Car-Man, I am also interested in knowing lease factors for a 2012 GLI Autobahn w/ navigation, manual transmission, 12k mi/yr, 3 yrs for my area (zip 33901)... MF, residual, incentives, etc.

I also posted a similar request in the VW CC thread... basically, I'm looking for the best lease or purchase deal on a manual transmission VW sedan (or wagon).

Thanks!
  • klee05klee05 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I'm interested in leasing a automatic 2013 Jetta GLI w/ Autobahn w/o Navi (MSRP: $28,735).
    What are the residual value and money factor offered for this model for a 12k/36month lease? I'm located in Cambridge, MA (02139).

Thank you!
    Hello sho220z. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings chad75. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey klee05. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ferd1ferd1 Posts: 6
    Hello car man,

I'm looking to lease a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn manual transmission w/out nav in August or September. Dealer quoted me ture invoice+destination-minus an incentives.

Currently, I hear the incentive is $750 to $1000 from VW until 1/1/2013, not sure which applies to the GLI, hoping you can confirm this info.

Also, can you confirm the residual values and money factors for 12k and 15k mile lease please? Previous post shows .00055 and .00057 at 54% and 57% for an automatic, are the lease rates for manual transmission the same?

Thank you very much,

Ferd
    Hi Ferd. Volkswagen is providing cash incentives on leases of the 2012 Jetta right now, but I'm not aware of any cash on lease of the 2013 model yet.

Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The numbers are the same for models with automatic and manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
  • ferd1ferd1 Posts: 6
    Hello car man,

I have a dealer telling me I can pick up a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn at invoice of $25,147 plus destination at $795. If leasing, what should the negotiated MSRP be or amount to assuming the invoice price is the capitalized cost?

Am I correct with this, can you assist please?

Thank you,

Ferd
  • Car Man! First-time posting, long-time follower.

Looking to sign a lease this weekend and could use your help. What is the current MF and Residual Value for the following:

2012 Jetta SE w/ Convenience; 12K miles/year
    2013 Jetta SE w/ Convenience; 12K miles/year

Lastly, can you confirm current incentive value for leasing a 2012 Jetta SE?

Many thanks in advance,
    Lucien
  • Hi Ferd. If the dealer is selling you this car at dealer invoice plus destination then that would be your vehicle's capitalized cost when working up a payment. The MSRP would be whatever your vehicle's MSRP is. You can either ask the dealer for it or use the number that is listed in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome Lucien :shades: ! Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE Convenience with 12,000 mies per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S model are .00080 and 57%.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Jetta Sedan SE, but nothing on 2013 Jetta Sedan models yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car_man,

I’ve found online sources that show that Volkswagen is offering manufacturer incentives with most models. Please check out the following link from Aol Autos. I want to know if this information is valid please.

http://autos.aol.com/new-car-incentives/volkswagen/

Thanks,

Ferd
  • Hey Ferd. Volkswagen's regular dealer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, only the lease cash is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello car man,

Well, I finally picked up my 13" Autobahn manual transmission without Nav this past weekend.
    Here's what I did, let me know if I did ok please and thanks for your help. You made the process simpler.

MSRP $27,025
    Cap Cost $25,960, includes acquasition Fee $625
    Residual Value 55%
    Money Factor .00022
    Down payment $1630
    Trade $1400
    Tax, License, Doc fees, Reg $870
    Payment $249.48

Look foward to hearing from you - Best regards,

Ferd
  • poppyalpoppyal Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Car man:
    Please provide the current numbers for a 2013 Jetta S, Any Cash Back Available?
    Also, please provide residual and money factor for a 36 mo. 15 K per year lease.
    Up until 9/4 the 2012 Jetta S had the 1,000 cash back, but info on the
    availability of the cash back for the 2013 has not been readily available.
    Thank you.
  • Here you go Poppyal. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's no national cash incentives on leases of the '13 Jetta, but there is some regional promotions out there. Let me know what state you are in and I'll tell you if there is anything available in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
  • poppyalpoppyal Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I am in Pennsylvania
  • You're welcome poppyal. I don't think that there's any regional cash available on this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

I just received an email from my dealer for a VW Jetta S 5spd for $99/month with $999 down. Residual of $10,132.60. Is this a good deal or a dealer scam? TIA.
  • Hi jchin. $99 per month is certainly a low monthly payment. Do you happen to know what this car's MSRP and selling price are?

Car_man
    Host
  • vwbugvwbug Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man- can you provide the MF and residual for a 2012 Beetle 2.5L (no sun/sound or navi) automatic transmission, 12k mi/yr, 3 yrs for Los Angeles - zip 90404. I was thinking the incentives/deals had to be with the 2012's versus the 2013's, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks in advance!
  • jchinjchin Posts: 3
    Yes here are all the details I know;

MSRP: 17470 ( I assumed this was the selling price as well?)
    $99 first payment
    $999 Cap reduction
    $770 Destination
    $625 bank Fee
    Plus Tax, Title

$3574 first payment
  • Car Man,

I am looking to lease a Jetta SEL. Zero money down, 36 mos, 12K a year, credit no issue. What is a reasonable payment to expect? I want to keep my payments between $300 and $315 - tax included. I have not leased a Volkswagen before.
    Sticker price on most is around $25,500.00
    Should I decide to go with the Jetta SE with convenience can I expect a payment under $300.00? $275 ish?
This discussion has been closed.