Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• What is current MF rate and residual value for 2010 Jetta SEL for 12K miles/year for 36 months? 48 months? Are there any current lease incentives? I currently drive an '06 Jetta so I'm hoping VW will offer customer loyalty discount.
  • m01010m01010 Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if I can post it here but I don't know what I should do. I'm overwhelmed with my situation.
    I started with my 3-year lease of 09 Jetta SE a month ago. 0 down with 274/mo for 36 month (everything included). But I lost my job last week and I have to leave the country in a month. I know I am in serious trouble because the dealer told me I need to pay over $6000 for them to buy out the car for me. I think this is ridiculous but I don't know what else I can do. Can anybody give me some advice? I am hoping to limit my loss within $2000, but I know I have to get rid of it quickly. If this post is inappropriate here please let me know. Thanks
  • There are services like swapalease.com or leasetrade.com (to name a few) that let you advertise to public that you want someone else to take over your lease. You can google for other similar web sites. You can also try talking to VW Credit if they hold your current lease. Good luck.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    Did you put money down on the lease too? What part of the US are you? How many miles do you have on it?
  • m01010m01010 Posts: 2
    I am in Boston area. I've had it for a month and it has 1200 miles on it now. The lease is 12k miles/year. I didn't put money down on the lease, but I am willing to pay a couple of months for whoever wants the lease. Also I was going to try leasetrader or anything like that but my problem is that I have to leave the country soon and it will take longer with them. I decided to find somebody on my own.
  • Help--need to lease a car this week. Need 36 month, 15,000 miles--Philadelphia area. lost my 2004 jetta to vandalism...first pass I heard $3000 down, $288 month, 36 mos...is this a good deal? Are there current (october) incentives? This is an automatic se? Thanks!
    It could take awhile, but your payment is quite attractive so that will help out. It could take a smaller amount of time. Its too bad I am stuck in a 08 G6 lease or I would get out immediately.
    That is a pretty steep deal! $3,000 down? You can pretty much be around lower $300's for the SE. $0 down! I would keep that money in the bank and drive away with minimal cost due.

Get a good sale price first, get all the incentives applied, and do a $0 down deal.
    You'll be surprised to see you can get a decent deal and be where you need to be.
    Remember for every $1,000 you put down it equals about $20-30 off your payment.
    So its not too much. Either choose to have that money in the bank, or dump it into a car that is not even yours, doesn't go to the principal if you opt to own it later. Who knows if you want out later on.

Good Luck, never take the first deal.
  • jingormjingorm Posts: 12
    i might be interested in taking over your lease. Can you tell me the specs on your car, the actual lease end date, the mileage allowance, and when you need to turn the car over?

please email me directly at jingo1@gmail.com

thanks.
  • Hello strokerkriby1. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Jetta Wagon SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 46%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi selm. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 51%, respectively.

As far as cash incentives go, Volkswagen is currently providing $750 on VW Credit leases of Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions and $1,250 Sedans with manual transmissions.

This car's special financing rates are 0.0% for up to three years, 2.9% for four years, and 3.9% for five years.

Car_man
    Host
  • Cool username, greenarrow1. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Jetta SEL Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00120 and 44%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of Jetta Sedans with automatic transmissions and $1,250 on Sedans with manual transmissions.

VW is not offering any loyalty incentives that I am aware of on this model right now, but it doesn't hurt to ask the dealer if there is any.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was quoted over the internet, 2699 down and 239 a month for 36 months and 12k on a vw jetta. I am strongly considering it, but want to get the best deal I can. Furthermore, this was quoted for the standard SE, which I don't think comes with a leatherette interior that I prefer.

This comes to a lease price of 20150, while the MSRP for a standard SE is $22410.

Can I negotiate a better deal and get the interior that I want. I know I should negotiate the whole price of the vehicle. Furthermore, I have fair credit and need a monthly payment under 300. Do i have to put that high of a down payment ($2699)?
    Please do not put that much down on this lease! With a sale price of around $20k, it would hold a payment of around $300. More than likely under that. That would be financially unrealistic to put that much down for a lease.

Remember that for every $1,000 down, it only removes about $20 or so off your lease payment. It does not go to the principal, only to a "pretty" payment. Always, start off a lease deal with $0 down.

I do believe the leatherette does come standard with the SE. Nice part of about this, is that it wears extremely well. Getting the SEL(the top of the line Jetta) is more tough, not necessary, and would push you over your payment request.

Before signing anything, make sure you see the cost of the car, no hidden fees, dealer fees, etc. I currently lease an 08 Jetta SE. You will love the car!

Good luck, and one tip for ya, Take it slow when doing any deal. Its your money and it will be your car. There are other dealers out there. I think if we all slowed down, and looked at the deal realistically, we would be much happier. But, the have to have the new cars looking all shiny and new. It gets the emotional side of us all. :shades:
  • I'm looking to possibly takeover a 2009 / 2010 SE or SEL lease rather than buying a new car.. I live in Albany, NY.
  • The dealer i am corresponding with said he can do 0 down with monthly payments of $318.

I did some research and there is 500 bonus cash and .00107 money factor for 2010 SEs for those who qualify. He already lowered the price to 800 under invoice....but he is talking like it is either or. Like, I can't get the price he quoted me PLUS the 500 cash back. Is this correct?

The dealer has not run my credit yet, but he says i will qualify for the .00107 money factor with "Tier 1 credit", and that would bring my monthly payment to $307.

I am doing calculations on my own, and getting slightly lower numbers for monthly payment. I am entering 51% residual value and using an online calculator.

Can the dealer be fudging with the residual value to get the higher monthly payment?

I'm not wanting to rush to the dealership and sign just yet, but I think i'm getting close to a good deal. Please help! Thanks!
  • Can anyone tell me if the volkswagon money factor rate is based on credit. I have a low credit score of 518, and was surprised to even get approved for lease. But the dealer said I would be in D-rate, but the money factor rate they offered was .0025. I was reading these forums and saw that the MF rate for 2010 SE was .00138. I was hoping to be able to go in an negotiate down toward .00138, but would like to know if my hands are tired b/c they will tell me my credit rating won't allow them to give me a lower rate.. Please advise.
    That payment is exactly what I was thinking you were going to get! I have had 2 leases in this range and have managed to keep the payment around this payment.
    I fairly certain that upon working a sale price, this will include all incentives too. Make sure you see that you are. The incentives are done through VW, not the dealership. This payment is more than I am sure you were looking for, but not by much. Considering you are keeping a nice chunk of change in the bank, while driving away with a new lease.

In fact, ironically, I was only a $1 more on my currently lease than my last lease before it...I ended up getting $25k car for a bargain, many incentives, lowering the price of the car. Of course now, you'll be hard pushed to find deals like that again.

You are pretty much there, If you can get $307-318, then do it! Do the math, its really not much more than you wanted anyway.
  • pink8pink8 Posts: 1
    Hi, ive never leased a vehicle before ... I was interested in leasing a 2010 jetta SE and have already gotten a couple different quotes. The best one ive gotten is:

15k x 1yr for 36mo.
    280 a month
    1500 down

all taxes and dmv fees included

is this a good deal or can I do better?
    Read some of the previous posts. So with $0 down you have a payment around $320 or so. What was your sale price? The downpayment is silly. Save it. Always push for better, but your close.
This discussion has been closed.