Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• chuckstyl5chuckstyl5 Posts: 4
    Well I got a SEL w/ sunroof and rubber mat kit - MSRP was 24560 work them down to 23077 and paying 320 month for 39 mon 15k miles - Paid tax title and fees at signing .. Not too bad atleast I think
  • kacey007kacey007 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. I'm not putting anything down, and getting the SEL with sunroof and sports package with the rubber mats, tint and spoiler for free at 340. So the comparison lets me know that this was the best I could do considering I'm not putting anything down and got the upgrade to sports.
  • I just scored a deal in NJ. 2011 Jetta SE (off the lot) w/ convenience and sunroof. 15k miles, 39 month lease for 280 a month. Sign and drive with only first months payment down.
  • I have the following offer from a California dealer - how much further can I push them?

This is for a pretty much fully loaded Jetta SportsWagen with TDI, tiptronic, and the premium (sunroof, navigation) package. It's a 36 Month Lease w/ 15k miles per year.
    Money Factor: .00174
    Residual Value: $14,957.50
    Money Down: $5,400.00 total
    Monthly Payment: $350.60+tax

I can make adjustments to the down payment if I want to pay more monthly. I.e. ~$400 monthly with $3000 down.
  • mrcarbuyermrcarbuyer Posts: 8
    Hello!
    We're trying to figure out our lease cost for a: SportWagen SE with options:
    -Sunroof and wheel package
    -Rear side airbags

We have the option of purchasing it at the invoice price through an employee program.
    We're expecting to trade in + down of up to $8K.
    Can you please let us know:

Money Factor
    Residual Value

We aim at a 36 mo lease 15,000 miles per year. Is there a better program we should consider?

We found on Edmunds:
    Invoice price: $22,795
    MSRP: $23,745

Should we expect our price to be $22,795 + options?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi mrcarbuyer. It really isn't a good idea to make such a large down payment when leasing. Consumers who put a lot of money down on their lease risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It is much safer not to make any capitalized cos reduction when leasing.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you are able to get this car at dealer invoice, then you will likely have to pay $22,795 minus the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • robyknoxrobyknox Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    is 280(all included) a month for 39 months with 1500 down and 12k miles for an SE with Con/Package a good deal? or am I getting RO.... thank you.
  • mrcarbuyermrcarbuyer Posts: 8
    Thanks Car_man!

Your insight made us think this through.
    Probably we will go with a basic Jetta SportsWagen with Aut transmission, no extras.

Invoice price: $20,251
    MSRP: $21,095.

We can see that there's a $1,000 cash incentive for lease on this model until 6/30.

Our final price would be $19,251?
    Can you please let us know June's Residual Value and Money Factor?

We have thought about a 36mo lease, due to their Carefree Maintenance plan. Is there a different lease term we should consider (we've read others are looking into 39 mo)?

How much down payment would you recommend?

We feel we're asking very basic questions, so thanks for your patience!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    I never did a down payment. On a lease, it is best not to put anything down. If you want to put anything down, perhaps financing the car would be a better fit. Atleast then it would be going to the principal of your loan. A lease is over in about 3 years, so putting a lot down is not really worth it.

$1,000 down=about $20-30 off the payment. Not much.

Always ask for the basic deal with no money due. Focus on the selling price and the fees they are charging you. Get this down and your payment will reflect it.

You will be fine, just be aware of all the numbers.
  • lal05lal05 Posts: 4
    Hey Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2011 Jetta Sportswagon with premium package and 12,000 miles a year for a 39 Month Term. I was offered a PP price of $23, 624 and monthly lease of $339 with zero down at signing . Thanks for your help!
    You're very welcome mrcarbuyer.

VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen S with 15,000 miles per year are .00112 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You're right about the $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

I personally don't think that the 39 month term is any better than the 36.

I definitely recommend not making any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make down payments on leases risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you're better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello lal05. VW Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00040 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • misslaumisslau Posts: 9
    Hi Car man,

I'm trying to decide between leasing a Jetta SE with convience and sunroof & a Jetta SEL with sunroof. I'm looking at the standard contract/miles which looks like 36 mo and 12 or 15k miles, is that correct? Can you please tell me what the June money factor and residual value are for these two models?

Any other leasing advise you have is also appreciated. This will be my first car so I am looking for all the help I can get! :)
  • smargulismarguli Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2011 Jetta SE with automatic transmission for 10,000 miles a year for a 39 Month Term. Thank you.
    Greetings misslau. Volkswagen seems to be pushing 39 month leases of the Jetta this month, so that's the term that I'll provide you with information on.

Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience, sunroof, and 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Jetta Sedan SEL with sunroof are .00089 and 50%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, smarguli. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00105 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am interested in leasing a 2011 Jetta TDI with an automatic transmission and was wondering if anyone had updated info on the residual value and money factor for this month. I'm looking for a 36 or 39 month lease, 15K miles/yr. Also, does VW give you the option of buying more miles mid-lease? Thx.
  • kdogtwokdogtwo Posts: 3
    Hi car_man,

Can you share the updated numbers for July on a 36 month, 12k/month lease on a Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ premium package?

Thanks!
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    Hi Car Man:

Can i get the numers on a Jetta S lease, 39 months, 15k miles?
  • jdiz3jdiz3 Posts: 11
    Also for the SE. Thanks so much.
This discussion has been closed.