Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jdiz3. Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Jetta Sedan SE are .00100 and 52%.

I provided you with these cars' 36 month numbers instead of their 39 month numbers because the 36 month money factors are much more attractive.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of the Sedan S and $$750 on the Sedan SE through VW Credit. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kdogtwokdogtwo Posts: 3
    Hi car_man,

Can you share the updated numbers for July on a ~36 month, 12k/month lease on a Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ premium package?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

1. Can you please provide the Residual Value and Money Factor for 36 month lease with 15K miles/yr?
    2. Are there better terms we should look at (e.g. 39 mo instead of 36 or different mileage)?

Thanks!
  • jaffmanjaffman Posts: 33
    hi carman!

would you be so kind as to provide the august lease numbers for a 2011 jetta SEL with sunroof, 10kmi/yr, 36mo? im planning on zero down, tax etc. into monthly payments, and tax in my area (NY) is 8.625 (lovely!). thankns.
  • Anyone have the August residual/MF on a 2011 Jetta SW SE 36month/12k year lease? Thanks!
  • vwjettatdifanvwjettatdifan Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks in advance for your insight:

Looking at a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with Premium Package, want to lease it for 36 months, 15K Miles, and would do it in the month of August 2011. Can you share what you know about residual, money factor, and incentives? Thanks very much!
    Hello mrcarbuyer. Great username. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagon SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The 36 month term looks like the most attractive one to me.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out jaffman. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SEL with Sunroof and 10,000 miles per year are .00070 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'd be happy to use this car's lease program to calculate a sample payment for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi austintacius. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta SportWagon SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00058 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vwjettatdifan. Volkswagen is not currently providing any lease support on TDI models. As a result, if you were to lease one through VW Credit right now you would have to use its standard lease money factors. VW Credit's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 2011 Jetta SportWagon TDI is 49%.

VW isn't providing any cash incentives on leases of TDI models right now either.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaffmanjaffman Posts: 33
    thank you very much carman! msrp is 24165. tax rate is 8.625% please provide sample payment if you can, with zero down, with taxes into the monthly lease price. thanks again.
    You're welcome jaffman. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Jetta Sedan SEL with Sunroof that has an MSRP of $24,165 and a selling price of $23,165 (let me know if you want to use a different selling price) through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $313 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Thanks for your info and the compliments to the username!
    Do you think the S&P US downgrade will affect lease interest rates for VW?

Which is your source for the Money Factor and Residual Value info?

Best,

mrcarbuyer.
  • dran908dran908 Posts: 2
    Car_man I am new on these forums and can tell you are very informative on all lease information.

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Jetta SE with Convenience/Sunroof 15k/yr 36-39 mo. w/ 1000 down. Wondering what payment I'd be looking at considering they released the 2012 and offer specials for them on vw.com.

Regards

D Ran
    You're welcome mrcarbuyer. Ironically, interest rates have actually dropped since S&P downgraded the U.S. So at least for the time being, I don't think that we're in danger of seeing significantly higher loan and lease rates on new vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks D Ran. I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find this data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • dran908dran908 Posts: 2
    MSRP of $21565 and selling price of $19500, sorry about that, I'm new to these forums and leasing.
  • kombikombi Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

I appreciate all the helpful information. Could I please get the August rates for a 2011 Jetta SE with MT and Convenience Package. 36months/12,000 miles.

One question for you. I'm under the impression that the manufacturer/bank sets the MF and Residual, therefore the number is the same for every dealer? I guess the real question is whether the MF is considered public knowledge and if they are required to share it?

Thanks again for the info.
  • sedlinsedlin Posts: 1
    Should I lease or purchase the 2012 Jetta SE-L? Purchase price including tax is 23500. 2.9% apr on purchase. 10k miles/yr on three year lease with no money down. Thanks
  • Hello Car_man,

Few questions:

1. Which is your source for Money Factor and Residual Value? Is it publicly accessible? Free? Does it apply to all VW dealers?

2. If we have the opportunity to buy a new VW at Invoice Price through a company fleet program, is it feasible to also get any incentives or rebates available at that time?

3. Do you foresee interest rates (MF) for new car leases going up or down in the next few months, considering the looming recession and Japan's earthquake?

Thanks,

-mrcarbuyer.
This discussion has been closed.