Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Don't worry about it, dran908, it happens all the time. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Jetta SE with Convenience/Sunroof that has an MSRP of $21,565 and s selling price of $19,500 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $245.

Don't bother with a 39 month lease, the payment would be worse.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome kombi. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Jetta Sedan SE with Convenience and 12,000 miles per year are .00048 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Manufacturers and banks rarely, if ever, share money factor and residual value data directly with consumers. Some dealers are willing to share this information with consumers and some are not.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrcarbuyer. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers' lease programs to the general public.

I don't know what the parameters of your company's fleet program are, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take advantage of any available cash incentives. I suppose that's ultimately between you and the dealer.

It's difficult to say what will happen with interest rates in general over the next several months. S&P downgraded the U.S. and rates actually fell because people fear a recession and Treasuries are still one of the safest assets out there. Anything tied to the 10-year, like mortgage rates, has fallen over the past several months. I personally don't expect interest rates to rise any time soon, but it's always difficult to forecast what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
  • yerkesyerkes Posts: 1
    Car_man,

thank you for sharing such a helpful information with us. I am in the car market for the first time and this forum taught me a lot.

I wonder whether you could share your insights with me regarding choice between leasing (12K, 36months) Sedan SE 2011 and 2012. Is there a difference in residual value and/or money factor between 2011 and 2012 models?

I also wonder whether VW runs special incentives for Sedan SE with Sunroof and Convenience for August: lower MF / higher RV?

You mentioned previously there was 750 lease incentive for Jetta SE in July. Is it still available in August?

Thank you,

Yerkes
  • Carman,

Can I get money factor and residual for the Jetta GLI for 36 months 15k miles a year.

Thanks
  • Got a 2012 Jetta SEL conv/sunroof lease for $219. +tax. just paid first months down. This is on a 12K lease. Any ideas if this is good deal? MSRP on car is $23,320
  • What money factor and residual did they use? How many month lease? What was the cap cost?
    This will help to give you an idea if you got a good deal.
  • wow. sounds like a great deal. whatd dealer did you use, and in what city and state? i would love to get myself the same deal. thanks!!!
  • as i calculated (from the lease form) - doesnt specifically state the residual/money factor. $209/mo rent and ~$10 finance charge... if i did math right 57% residual value .0003 (again calculated not spefically written on the form.

i dont trust the std. formula because I know manufacturers create competitions or create incentives for customer service, unit volume, etc for the dealership. These get factored into the deal - especially at end of month.
  • @tinapsu, sounds like u got a great deal. where did you get your car from? would love to get myself the same deal! thanks, and best of luck on your new ride!
  • Hi Yerkes. The lease program for the 2012 Jetta actually looks a little more attractive than the program for the 2011 model right now. I'd probably go with a '12 if I was in the market for this car.

The money factor for a '12 Jetta Sedan SE with Sunroof and Convenience is indeed lower than it is for the base model, .00030 versus .00074.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go john420. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hi caman! i would be grateful if you would be kind enough to post MF and residual value for 2012 jetta SEL automatic 36mo 10kmi yr? if youre feeling extra kind, maybe you can help me crank out some numbers on a lease price? assume 8.626% tax, a msrp of $25065, and a selling price of say 500 over invoice which would be 24093 (invoice) +500=24593? lease would be zero down except for tags and DMV.

are there any incentives on such a lease, and if so, how should i use the incentive in the calculations?

thank you so much.
  • epl1epl1 Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

I'm curious about MF and residual on a Manual S Sportwagen with 15K miles; 36 Months. Also Manual TDI Sportwagen would be interesting, but I understand leasing a diesel tends to be less valuable.

Thanks!
  • Just out of curiosity since I will be looking to lease an SE in May/June for my wife. To not get rather overly complicated, just looking to see what kind of monthly cost I'll be looking at for budgeting concerns (aware that a lot will change between now and then).

I'll be moving to MD from NYC, looked at leasing the vehicle from fitzmall. They offer an SE with conv for 20,024. Which seems like a decent deal.

From what I've read, maryland charges you the full amount of the sales tax on the sales price of the car of 6%?

Assuming a MF of 0.00048 and Residual of 0.53% (taken from earlier in this thread on a 36mo/12000 lease). The pre-tax monthly should be $252? with no money down. I'm a little lost on how I would calculate the tax into the equation. Would I take the tax and divide it by 36 months?

Thanks. Hope I'm wasn't too confusing.

As a side note, would I be better off purchasing the car in NY and then changing the plates later on to MD plates? This will be my first purchase/lease.
  • Whats the Money Factor and residual for a Base Model Jetta S with Auto.

36 mo 10 & 12K no taxes everything else in.
  • wirywiry Posts: 1
    Anyone want to talk me out of this lease before I do it? 2012 Jetta se with convenience plus sunroof. 12k miles for 36 months got them down to $265 out the door after ttl and made them add a rear spoiler and tinted windows all the way around. I don't have numbers in front of me but I think msrp was $22,900.
  • just leased jetta sel in NY (nassau county) for ZERO down, 325/month, eveverything included in payment which is tax of 8.625% plus whatever fees they wanted (i dont think they even charged me any). dealer told me this is the best price he has ever seen, and that it goes a couple hundred dollars into his dealer holdback.

thanks to all who helped me on this forum especially carman. hope this post helps someone out there in return.

so far car runs great. great handling, great electronics inside. a couple things missing.... no temperature gauge (in the winter i like to turn the heat on only after the engine heats up), no auto headlight shutoff, and no auto front windshield defogger (you have to do the vents manually). interesting too is the fact that there is no 'magazine pocket' behind driver seat, only passenger seat. nonetheless, excellent handling, very quiet inside and seat is very comfortable. worth the money so far.
  • I see that you posted the numbers for a GLI, is there a differance for a GLI Autobahn on a 36 month 12k lease?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    I have a temperature gauge on mine, you'll have to adjust your screen menu in your speedometer. and keep it at the temperature display. There should be buttons on the left side of the dash and wheel.

Yes, there is no auto headlight and really this should be standard. My previous G6 had it. I loved it! Not a huge deal though. Even base corrollas have it. I also have noticed no magazine holders behind the driver. I really did the car no justice in price reduction. Most are getting SE and SEL's any way.
This discussion has been closed.