Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello car man,

Well, I finally picked up my 13" Autobahn manual transmission without Nav this past weekend.
    Here's what I did, let me know if I did ok please and thanks for your help. You made the process simpler.

MSRP $27,025
    Cap Cost $25,960, includes acquasition Fee $625
    Residual Value 55%
    Money Factor .00022
    Down payment $1630
    Trade $1400
    Tax, License, Doc fees, Reg $870
    Payment $249.48

Look foward to hearing from you - Best regards,

Ferd
  • poppyalpoppyal Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Car man:
    Please provide the current numbers for a 2013 Jetta S, Any Cash Back Available?
    Also, please provide residual and money factor for a 36 mo. 15 K per year lease.
    Up until 9/4 the 2012 Jetta S had the 1,000 cash back, but info on the
    availability of the cash back for the 2013 has not been readily available.
    Thank you.
  • Here you go Poppyal. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's no national cash incentives on leases of the '13 Jetta, but there is some regional promotions out there. Let me know what state you are in and I'll tell you if there is anything available in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • poppyalpoppyal Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I am in Pennsylvania
  • You're welcome poppyal. I don't think that there's any regional cash available on this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

I just received an email from my dealer for a VW Jetta S 5spd for $99/month with $999 down. Residual of $10,132.60. Is this a good deal or a dealer scam? TIA.
  • Hi jchin. $99 per month is certainly a low monthly payment. Do you happen to know what this car's MSRP and selling price are?

Car_man
    Host
  • vwbugvwbug Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man- can you provide the MF and residual for a 2012 Beetle 2.5L (no sun/sound or navi) automatic transmission, 12k mi/yr, 3 yrs for Los Angeles - zip 90404. I was thinking the incentives/deals had to be with the 2012's versus the 2013's, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks in advance!
  • jchinjchin Posts: 3
    Yes here are all the details I know;

MSRP: 17470 ( I assumed this was the selling price as well?)
    $99 first payment
    $999 Cap reduction
    $770 Destination
    $625 bank Fee
    Plus Tax, Title

$3574 first payment
  • Car Man,

I am looking to lease a Jetta SEL. Zero money down, 36 mos, 12K a year, credit no issue. What is a reasonable payment to expect? I want to keep my payments between $300 and $315 - tax included. I have not leased a Volkswagen before.
    Sticker price on most is around $25,500.00
    Should I decide to go with the Jetta SE with convenience can I expect a payment under $300.00? $275 ish?
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    That's one heck of a down payment on a lease! I wouldn't put more than a $1,000.00 down and go from there. Also, the "bank" fee.....did they give you a separate documents fee? I'm thinking it's one in the same in which case I'd get them to reduce it or drop it altogether.
  • Hi,
    The price I was quoted on 2013 Jetta GLI w/Autobahn seems to be just an average deal: $27,500 which didn't include ttl that add up to around another $1,800. This was received while working on trying to buy the car out right. Wondering what kind of lease rates I could get at this time.

Thanks !
  • stillystilly Posts: 7
    Car Man,

Can you get me the October MF and RES for the TDI Jetta Sportwagon?
    12k and 15k for RES
    Any cash incentives to help drop CAP Costs?

Thanks,

John
  • stillystilly Posts: 7
    We switched gears and picked the CC. The Oct MF was .00006 and RES at 53% for 12k miles. MSRP on base model with lighting kit, mats, exhaust tips came to $33k. Purchase price $29k plus fees. I don't think any other VW has this good a deal. No money down and first month due at signing. $379 per month and includes FL tax.
  • Car_man -

I know that stilly went another way, but I'm interested in the October MF and residuals for the TDI Jetta Sportwagon for a 36 month 12k and 15k lease as well as any cash incentives to help drop the CAP costs (know this is unlikely for the TDI, but can't hurt to ask right?).

TIA
  • Hi luckyduck76. Let's assume that this car has a spread of around $900 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car and you have a total of $1,900 to play with during our negotiations.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Jetta SEL Sedan that has an MSRP of $25,500 and a selling price of $24,000 through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $301.

The payment for a Jetta Sedan SE would indeed likely be lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited October 2012
    Hi John. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00153 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on diesel Jetta models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey cosanostra. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • lukeh1lukeh1 Posts: 1
    Hi all. First, thanks to all for this great forum - it has been a tremendous resource for me. I am looking to lease a 2013 GLI Autobahn with Nav, fully loaded, and was offered the following deal:

12K per year mileage
    36 month lease
    $1960.00 due at signing
    $388.00 per month (Includes all taxes,fees etc.)
    The dealership is picking up my first 2 payments as I did not really need the car until January, but they obviously wanted to close the deal.

This seems a bit high to me. I am TERRIBLE with numbers (not ashamed to admit it!). Is this a good deal?
  • Hi Car Man:

Looking to possibly lease a 2013 Jetta SE with convenience/sunroof auto for my daughter.
    36 month,12k miles a year (or the sweet spot)
    Do you have the numbers (residual and MF)?
    Any incentives in the North East.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.