Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello, I've been watching this forum for some months now and posting here for the first time. I have a question, I lease a 2012 Jetta SE w/ convenience and sunroof in January of 2012. I put down $3500, and pay $218/month for 36 months, 12k a year. I believe I got a good deal, but I just want to be sure, even though there's nothing that I can do about it now. The total gross capitalized cost in my contract is $23,341.38 and the residual is $13,062.50.

Also, at the end of my lease at the rate that I'm going now, I'll be 10k over on miles by the very end of the lease. I imagine I'll return it early if there's a pull-ahead program which I've seen offered by VW every fall. What can I do to make sure I get a good or even better deal for my next lease, as I plan to lease another Jetta at end of my current lease. Thanks!
  • I am looking for a Jetta TDI and I like the idea of a lease. I have been talking with a local dealer here in Salt Lake City, UT and I want to get some input from a non dealer, because I feel that you can never trust a car salesmen.

I told the VW dealership I wanted a 2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium but no Navigation. MSRP is $26,595. What kind of monthly payment am I looking at if I put $2,000 down......
  • Hi alejo0401. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. If I was in the market for one, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • My son's friend wants to lease a 2013 Jetta S. The total sticker price is $18,840, and she is looking at a 36 month lease / 12,000 miles, $0 down, 1st payment included, and $1,000 trade in for her clunker. Her sales tax rate 9%. We're currently at $245/month total payment including tax, title, etc. Is this a fair deal? Thanks for your help.
  • Thank you for the info Carman, this is truly helpful.
    Do the number change at all for the SE 2.5 with Sunroof / Convinience?
    Best,
  • jessy1jessy1 Posts: 13
    HELP!
    I want to lease a tiguan SE 4 motion with sunroof and navigation. 36 months, 12 k per yr. I can work with 10 if it comes down to it because I am feeling desperate.
    I am bad with numbers and no one is helping me. I have also learned from past leases that focusing on only monthly payments and not the residual at end of lease was stupid. Can someone calculate what I should be paying/a fair price for em? I would be so grateful! I can't do all these confusing math problems.
    Also it is freezing and snowy in Boston and end of month so I would like a decent deal.
    Thank you so much.
    -Jessica, carless in MA
  • Isn't this a Jetta thread? ;)

Post this in the Tiguan thread, you need the current residual value and money factor. The Edmunds TMV in 02116 is $32283 for a 2013 SE with sunroof and navigation, about $200 below invoice.
  • You're very welcome alejo0401. The addition of Sunroof and Convenience does not alter this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • My lease is almost over and I need to make a decision what todo. I'm about 5000 miles over my allowed 15K miles so if I return it I will need to pay for the extra millage... If I buy it i have to pay the taxes over purchase price and I'm not planning to keep it (for long)... is there some kind of structure you can trade in the car for a new VW (lease or buy) without having to actual purchased it first?
  • Hi all,

I am looking to lease a 2013 Jetta this weekend. I am focused on the SE w/ Convenience package.

Is the program the same as January? Are there any incentives out there? Is there type of loyalty discount?

I am sorry for all the questions, but this info is hard to find for whatever reason.
  • daptekdaptek Posts: 28
    What is the money factor / residual for Feb? Are there any incentives?

Looking for a 36 month 12K miles no down.
  • afriqueafrique Posts: 1
    Hi,
    What are the March buy rate , residual, for a 36month 12k lease for 2013 jetta gli autobahn ? Also what a good cap cost. Are the any incentives?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello daptek. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi afrique. That's an interesting coincidence, I just answered a question about the exact same trim level. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for.

If I was in the market for this car in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus any available cash incentives. Volkswagen is shooting for massive volume here in the U.S. and blowing out as many vehicles as it can.

Car_man
    Host
  • getwiredgetwired Posts: 30
    I noticed that VCI is now advertising leases on Hybrids and TDI's. Anyone know the residuals and money factors on these two trims? Any additional incentives?
  • Hi there, after visiting many VW dealers and coming up with different lease numbers, finally I've got a good deal. I leased a 2013 VW Jetta with convenience and sunroof candy white color for $250/month with $1,300 out the door for 36 months at 12,000miles/year. The residual is $12,250

Let me know if anybody has a better deal.
  • Where are you located? I'm interested in leasing that exact same car.
    edited March 2013
    I've got the price negotiated to $28,292 for an SEL Premium Jetta Hybrid. Now I just need the MF and Residual. CarMan, any info on the advertised Hybrid Leases that you can share. Thanks in advance.
    Dealer is quoting the following lease details for VCI:

MF: 0.00176

Residuals:
    15k: 48%
    12k: 50%

All high... How is this a special advertised lease rate?
  • teras1teras1 Posts: 1
    I leased a basic Jetta S for 3 years @ about $225 a month and nothing down. The residual value is $10,500. Is that a good deal? Also, I have bad credit but not sure how that factored in.
This discussion has been closed.