Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Carman--last weekend (April 28th) I signed a lease for a new Passat SE with sunroof for 36 months, 12K miles/year. MSRP 26,640. The price I negotiated over email was 255/month with 0 money down except for 1st payment. The gross capitalized cost was 22,893. When I got to the dealer and they checked my credit (700 FICO), the finance manager came out in an earnest way, as though he were going to bat for me, and said I only qualified for "B" level credit, in part because I have a big student loan, and so I would have to pay $20 more per month. So the pre-tax monthly became 275/month. Exhausted by the long process, by the time I signed my paperwork, I noticed they'd added a 599 dealer fee and 625 acquisition fee, bringing that cap cost to around 24,100, still 1100 below invoice. (I later regretted not refusing that dealer fee). With state taxes at 6.5%, and with some interest on those taxes, the total deal came to 329/month with 0 money down except for first month's payment. My questions: 1. Did I get a good deal or a mediocre one for that car? 2. Based on 700 credit, was the extra 20/month a bit of a scam? 3. I had read here last week about VW's 1750 incentive on Passat SE leases and let them know in advance, thinking it would be taken off the 22,893 cap cost. But afterwards they insisted it had already been figured into the 4000 discount and they would never, ever be able to sell that car at 22,893 - 1750. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi d_train2013. I know that consumers need a 740+ credit score to qualify for Volkswagen Credit's A+ credit tier. But I don't know the specific cutoff for A tier customers...the cutoff for its best special rates. Its B Tier money factors are .00030 higher on a B Tier lease. That probably equates to more like $15/month or so on a Passat lease (I didn't calculate the exact amount for this car).

If you're at a selling price of well below dealer invoice, the dealer probably did already take the cash incentive into account.

The $625 acquisition fee that you were quoted is spot on, but the $599 dealer fee in my opinion is a little high. Of course, one has to look at it in the context of the total selling price for the car, which seems reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • carfan310carfan310 Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man,

What is the current buy rate, lease money factor, and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Hybrid SE, SEL, and SEL Premium with 12,000 miles per year?

Thanks in advance.
  • Thanks again, Carman. Seems I got a reasonable deal, though again, I wish I'd refused to pay that dealer fee!
  • bmckim1bmckim1 Posts: 1
    I was a week or two into bugging two local dealerships for a final monthly figure on a Jetta S 2.0L Manual (The ads all say $199/mo... add the tax and it looks like $216... and I'm guessing they'll tack on $700 or so in fees that I'll take care of on signing day)

But then I switched and wanted an automatic. They're being a bit dodgy about giving me a figure on that model. Somebody said simply add another $1,500 on... divide by 39... and my new figure is $254 (tax incl.)... sounds high-ish. The dealer websites are saying $18,885 for the automatic... and $17,470 for the manual...

To complicate matters further, KBB is saying that the market value is $16,438!

I'm going in tomorrow morning to do battle... I fear I'm marked as a "fish" and that I won't get the best deal I can. I need good advice... not just on facts and figures, but on strategy and tactics... I'll take anything. Thanks!! :confuse:
    Hi carfan310. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of any 2013 Jetta Hybrid with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There isn't any cash incentives on leases of this car in May, but Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome d_train2013.

Car_man
    Host
  • bart_abart_a Posts: 1
    Hey Carman, what are the current VW finance lease terms for Jetta TDI SportWagen? Looking for 36 months, 18K per year.
  • beluga1200beluga1200 Posts: 2
    i'm looking for a deal like this on the exact same car. could you share dealership info (dealership name, city and state)?
  • meyerovbmeyerovb Posts: 4
    Car man, what are the may money factor, residual, and lease incentive for a jetta s automatic no sunroof no options? Does the incentive only apply for a 39 month/10k lease?
  • beluga1200beluga1200 Posts: 2
    i'm about to lease 2013 jetta se, 39 months, 12K mi/year. dealer has told me maintenance covers 36 months (3 years). my question: is this standard across the board for vw? what happens during the last 3 months of the lease if something needs repair - should i be concerned that the maintenance period falls short of the lease period?
    Hey bart_a. VW Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta SportWagen TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00131 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey meyerovb. VW Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Jetta S auto base with 10,000 miles per year are .00017 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is only waiving the first month's payment on 39 and 48 month leases of this car. The mileage allowance doesn't matter. There is a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of it for any term.

Car_man
    Host
  • vdubzvdubz Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    hey carman. i went to the dealer today to try and get myself into a jetta GLI autobahn w/nav and this is where i left off.
    39 months
    msrp - 30995
    cap- 28900
    residual value -15172
    down payment - 3000
    money factor 0.00048
    residual % : 49 %
    monthly payment on there calculations is 379.08
    is this a good deal?
    Hi vdubz. Yes, this appears to be a good deal for this car to me. Both the selling price and the money factor that you mentioned look good. Just eliminate the $3,000 down payment (the payment will be higher, but it's the better way to go) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • donm2303donm2303 Posts: 4
    What is the residual, money factor and incentives on a Jetta S with 10k miles?

Thanks!
    Hi donm2303. Volkswagen Credit's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Jetta Sedan S with 10,000 miles per year are .00017 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • donm2303donm2303 Posts: 4
    Thanks Car_man you've been a huge help!
  • marvelmmarvelm Posts: 28
    Car_man,

Can you please tell me the MFs and Residuals for the 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI for 39/12 and 36/12 lease?

Thank you!
  • iq6iq6 Posts: 1
    Car Man did I get a good deal?
    the dealer bought my Audi A4 (2 months left on lease) and Jetta (5 months left on lease) netting them ~$3,500. I am leasing the Beetle 2.5L Fender automatic special edition sticker $25,540 & Passat 2.5L SE with Sunroof and Navigation, Monster mats, wheel locks, lip spoiler, first aid kit sticker $27,740. Combined $698.00 per month tax incld for 48 months 10K miles per year no other cash changes hands.
This discussion has been closed.