Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi benzoservceguy. The Jetta Value Edition is a great car for the money. It's lease program is pretty good as well. If you provide me with the full MSRP and selling price of the car that you are interested in for your daughter I would be happy to estimate what its current lease payment should be. I'll even do it with zero down, so you don't have to worry about laying out the capitalized cost reduction at lease signing. I'll assume a mileage allowance of 15,000 miles per year as well. For now I can tell you that Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Jetta Value Edition with 15,000 miles per year are .00149 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi bethl. The lease programs that you were quoted for these cars are right in line with Volkswagen Credit's current lease program for them. This is always a good thing. I would be happy to give you my opinion on the selling prices that you were quoted if you provide me with these cars' full MSRPs. When negotiating your deals on these cars, keep in mind that Volkswagen is currently providing $750 lease cash on the '06 Jetta 2.5L and $1,000 on the '06 Jetta 2.0T. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello Ted. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

You definitely do not want to make a down payment when leasing. Consumers who do risk losing their down payments if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during their lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey Ted. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease program is like right now. Volkswagen's lease program for the Jetta varies depending by trim level. For now I will assume that you are interested in the 2006 Jetta 2.5L. Let me know if you want a different model. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2006 Jetta 2.5L (not the Value Edition) with 12,000 miles per year are .00189 and 47%, respectively. Let me know this car's selling price and I can calculate what its lease payment should be using the aforementioned lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're very welcome jerseyjoe83. I would be happy to use Volkswagen Credit's actual lease program to calculate what your lease payment should be on this car, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. For now I can tell you that you definitely should not make a $4,000 down payment when leasing this car. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during their lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello hsp. You never mentioned this, but I assume that you are talking about a 2006 model. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Volkswagen Credit's current lease program for it. This is always a good thing. I believe that the dealer invoice price of this car is around $19,300. Volkswagen is currently providing $750 lease cash on it, so the $19,104 that you were quoted for this car is probably around $500 or so over dealer invoice, which is a pretty good price. Both of the main profit centers for dealers on leases, this car's money factor and its selling price, look good to me so if you like the car I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello, Need help on maybe leasing a 2006 Jetta sedan 2.5L TDI pkg 1, with no money down and maybe a 36-month lease. What should I look for on the numbers? The one that caught my eye has a MSRP 25,044. Thanks bc, Ohio
  • dpz99dpz99 Posts: 1
    3 days ago my husband leased a 2006 Jetta, 2.5L, auto with pkg 1. Here is the deal
    MSRP 23,970
    Invoice: 23,500 (might be fooled)
    Cashdown, 3500
    24 month, 24k
    monthly payment: 299.
    Buyout price(is it the same with residual value ?): 15300.

We didn't negociate the invoice price. But the residual value is more than 62% (mentioned in some ealier post). If we use 22,000 as invoice and 0.00079,62% as money factor and residual value, the monthly payment is also 299.
    I wondered if it is a reasonable deal? or we made fool of ourselves.

But the car is really awesome....
  • Hello bcblondee. The two main numbers that you need to focus on when leasing are your car's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the Jetta that you want. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have gotten an attractive price quote, have the dealer that gave it to you calculate your Jetta's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Jetta Sedan TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00306 and 54%, respectively. As you can see, this lease program is not very good right now. As many manufacturers do this late in the model year, Volkswagen has pulled the plug on its lease support for 2006 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi dpz99. Dealer invoice was a pretty good price for a 2006 Jetta last month. Getting one for invoice means that the dealer only made the $750 lease cash that was available on this car on your deal. One thing that I wouldn't have done is make such a large down payment on this lease, but doing so is not the end of the world. I normally advise community members against making large down payments on leases because if their leased vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident their down payment essentially disappears. Other than that, this deal looks pretty good to me. I'm glad that you enjoy your new car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car Man- Thanks for the reply, sorry the MSRP is $25,480. The reason I was going to put 4 down is a combination of wanting to keep the monthly around mid 2's and after getting my credit report recently I found my score is a 511....so hopefully putting more money down will prevent me from being turned down for a lease.
  • vwvw1vwvw1 Posts: 18
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you give me the residual and MF for 2006 GLI Manual for 24 months / 15k year. The MSRP on the car is $24,519. It's a Manual and only option is Mats. The dealer has offered $21600.
    What can I expect for payments with only 1st month down?

Thanks!!
  • joey65joey65 Posts: 9
    Good day everyone,
    I'm looking to lease a new jetta, automatic with no bells or whistles, just plain vanilla and the most affordable for my niece. I would like to lease it for 24 mths and for 12k p/yr. Not looking to put any $$$ down aside from the 1st month payment & the dmv fees.

Is there a good chance I can keep the monthly payments around $280-290???

Thanks much in advance.
  • wbrittwbritt Posts: 2
    Went to the dealer yesterday. They are telling me that the better incentives for the 06 Jetta ended last month. Telling me that the money factors and residuals are better on the 07 models?! Is this the case? We test drove an 07 - 2.5 Jetta with pkge #1 with Cold Weather Package with an MSRP of $21,870. What I would like is a no money down lease for about $280 or so. They had a program for 39 month leases with money factors around .0028 and I think the residual was in the 56% range. They said the could get the payments down to low $300 but I was not willing to play the game till I knew my options. Can you tell me what the best deal I can expect based on the MF and residuals that you are aware of currently - appear to be no incentives for 07 model? Surprised they do not offer great deals to get rid of the 06 models!

Thanks wbritt
  • No problem, jerseyjoe83. I actually asked for both this car's MSRP and its approximate selling price. The selling price is a very important number to know. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Not only is thie number necessary to calculate lease payments, but it shows you how good a deal you are getting. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello vwvw1. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00214 and 54%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $24,519, and a selling price of $21,600, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $307. If you opt to have your car's security deposit waived and to roll VW Credit's $575 acquisition fee into its capitalized cost rather than pay it at signing, the payment for this lease would increase to around $330.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi joey65. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of payment you should expect on the Jetta that you are interested in. It would be a big help though if you would provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price first. You can look up the MSRP of the car that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You may be able to get an idea of what sort of selling price you will have to pay by visiting the following discussion: "Volkswagen Jetta: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these numbers are and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Unfortunately, wbritt, what you were told is correct. Volkswagen has stopped providing lease support on the 2006 Jetta. Many manufacturers terminate their lease support on leftover models this late in the model year because by this point their residual values have fallen so much that it is too expensive for them to provide enough support on the leftover vehicles to provide attractive lease payments on them. As a result, your monthly payment will probably be lower if you lease a 2007 model, even after taking the lower selling price of the leftover 2006 model into account. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L Sedan (not the base model) with 15,000 miles per year are .00219 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I'm seriously considering getting this car, but I want to know if it's a good deal in terms of dollars for car. Any suggestions?
    STATS:
    VW Jetta, 4-door, Sun Roof, 2007 2.5 model

4-year Lease or 48,000 miles

4-year warranty plus 4-year road side assistance

Cost of Car: $21,000 (i need to clarify the ACTUAL sticker price)

Money Factor: 1.95%

APR: 4.6%

Residual: 51%

Downpayment: $1,150.00

Monthly(with tax): $314.00

Total monthly payments: $15,072

Payment at end of lease to own: $10,000

Total Cost after Lease if purchase: $25,072.00

Trade In: VW will make the last 2 payments to Ford on my 2004 Explorer ($360 x 2 = $720); there is a dent on the side which eats up my $375.00 deposit.

Thank you!

Ruby Jean
  • Hello Car Man. I am looking to lease 07 GLI fully loaded. I am going to the dealership this weekend, and I need to have an idea of what MF and Residual values I would be offered by the dealer (located in NY).
    07 GLI (fully loaded), 36 months with 12K/year.
    Thanks
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, tribalvinyl. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 VW Jetta GLI with 12,000 miles per year are .00178 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello Car_man:

I'm helping my father in law out by finding the best lease on the 2007 VW Jetta.

He is looking for a very basic car and we are in NJ. Can you give me the lease rates and residuals for this car with the following taking into account:

$1500 total out of pocket at inception.
    36-39 month lease.
    10K /yr
    Cap cost $18,195

Thanks,
    Richardmartyn
  • Any ideas what the MF and the residual % is on the 2007 jetta 2.5 with automatic trans and 10000 mi/yr for 39 months.
    Also, do the numbers change if I add the rear side airbag option?
    from the jetta 209/mo advertised special, it seems the vw is assuming the following numbers:
    residual: 59%
    MF: 0.001725

Car_man, help me out pleaase!
  • Hi All,

I see lots of lease information of the 2.5 and GLI, but not much on the 2.0. Does anyone know the current residuals and Money Factors for the 2007 2.0. I'm thinking 36 months, 15k, but numbers for 24 would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • Well, with the baby and all the things we have, we need a larger vehicle. I was wondering if there was any way I could get some type of new lease on a passat and trade in my GLI to them without some horrendous penalty. PLEASE help me with suggestions! :cry:
  • Hi Richardmartyn. Here's the information that your father-in-law needs. Volkswagen Credit;s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 10,000 miles per year are .00187 and 59%, respectively. Interestingly, I believe that the numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings nfn2000. The money factor that you came up with for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.5 is right on the money. I believe that its 39 month, 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 60% though. The addition of rear side airbags will not have any impact upon this car's lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, getwired. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jetta 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00187 and 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new baby, gli06er. They're lots of fun (and work too ;) ). I know how you feel, my days of driving coupes ended when I had my son. How much longer do you have left on your Jetta lease? I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle, even if it means that it will be a tight squeeze for a little while. Look at the bright side, while the Jetta isn't huge there are lots of cars out there that are smaller. Imagine having to put your baby in the back of a hatchback like a GTI every day :surprise: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello,
    I have been receiving direct mail pieces, since I have a current lease w/ VW Credit on a Jetta Wagon that I love. The lease comes up this summer, but due to the direct mail, I decided to go in over the holiday and see what the "deals" are. Once I'd talked with the dealer, I asked the Sales Manager to show me the numbers, and while I didn't write them all down (he showed me that he's only making $165 profit on the car, and seemed kind of bitter), the money factor is .00198 (4.75%), and a $265/month payment ($650 out of pocket for first month's payment, tax, title, transfer plates and "doc fee"--$170!!)

He offered me a $285 payment to start, so I felt good I got him down to that...It's a 39 month lease, 10,000 miles/year (have to ask about the extra 3 months), but I only have 22,000 on my almost 4 year leased wagon, so that should be ok. It's a manual Wolfsburg, which has the cold weather package. Your thoughts? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.