Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi bullz_i1981. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go jenp70. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with conv, sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of Jetta Sedans with manual transmissions, but I am not aware of any cash on any other variants.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for mwinbos. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with conv, sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof, nav and 12,000 miles per year are .00096 and 55%.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 Tiguan SE, but nothing on the Jetta Sedan that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Steven. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience and 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I think that the only cash incentive that is available on leases of the Jetta is on units that have manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings space_odyssey. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE with convenience, sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00011 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

can you please provide the MF and Residual on a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn Package w/ Navigation for 36 months and 10k miles/12k miles?

Thank you very much!
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you provide VW's residual and money factor on a 3 yr/45k lease for either a 2012 Sportwagen TDI with just sunroof package or with sunroof and nav?

Thanks!
  • Here you go trmiami. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease of this car with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jeisensc. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you very much, Car_man!

It doesn't look like we're going to make it in time for a February lease, however... as much as we want to.

Do you have the March program, by any chance?

Same vehicle; 2012 GLI Autobahn w/ navigation, 36 mo/10k miles.

Thanks again!!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    No problem trmiami. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI Autobahn with 10,000 miles per year are .00048 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman44bman44 Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide me with the March money factor and res. for a 2012 Jetta SE Convenience with Sunroof- Automatic, for 36 months and 12k miles? and for 10k miles?

thanks!
    Hi bman44. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan SE Convenience with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have leased for 20+ years and I have NEVER gone through the issues I'm going through with VW Credit after turning in my 2009 Jetta 3000k miles UNDER mileage!!! They will RAKE YOU FOR EVERY little ding, scratch, burn, tires, NORMAL wear and tear...anything they can get from you. I will NEVER lease from them again! I am starting a website for other people I've had contact with to share similar stories so when the site is complete, I will make sure everyone knows how they do business.
    I've NEVER had to pay for tires (they were exactly where they should have been when turning it in)...you can turn in a Honda, Toyota, Lexus, etc with bald tires and they won't bother you! NORMAL wear and tear after 36 months. I've only ever had to pay for over mileage!!!!!
    VW Credit is ridiculous and I, nor my friends, family, neighbors or co-workers will EVER do business with them again!
  • While I have never leased, but purchased instead, I guess this shows that with any contract (a lease is nothing more than a use contract for a car), it is important to understand and agree on the terms. In this case what is normal wear and tear. If you have one idea and the dealer has another idea, then a problem will arise, which is what happened here.

As the Romans said - caveat emptor (let the buyer beware).
  • vwcreditsucksvwcreditsucks Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    I am VERY aware of normal wear and tear, as I said I have leased for 20+ years and I DO take very good care of my cars! Is it my fault if someone parks next to me and gets a tiny ding in my door. Honda and other companies definitely consider that normal wear and tear! VW is a bit ridiculous when it comes to their "normal wear and tear" terms...they are unlike any other...RIP OFF! Probably a punishment for not going into another VW! There are 100's of other people on other threads who will agree and have gone through the same thing, wish I would have read their posts before I leased a VW. We are just trying make the consumers aware of how VW does business compared to other leasing companies/brands.
  • If "normal wear and tear" is not defined (car door dings, bald tires, etc - as you stated), then it is up to the determination of the lease company. Remember, anytime you are signing a contract (a lease is nothing more than a contract), the contract always favors whoever wrote the contract. If you wrote it, you would most likely have stated door dings and bald tires are normal wear and tear. If not defined ---- ask it to be defined in writing.

I am not disputing your displeasure, but rather pointing out the obvious.......know what you are signing. If you don't understand "normal wear and tear" then ask for the definition in writing. If VW or Honda or any other company won't define how you will be judged upon return of the car, then leasing is a joke. Buy the car instead! Then you can drive it as you please, dent as many doors as you like, run on bald tires ---- and guess what? When you go to trade it, it will be downgraded for poor condition.

Good luck on your future leases!
  • jlabodajlaboda Posts: 1
    Hello ---

Can anyone give me info (residual and money factor) for a 2012 TDI Jetta Sportwagen lease (36 months/12k)?

Thanks!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I have leased several VW cars and have not had any issues. I am thinking that is more about the dealership and their methods and not VW. I have a lease 2011 Jetta and then financed a 2008 Jetta. Years back when we turned in our 04 Jetta, it was just fine even with overage. We keep our cars very clean. We didn't get dinged on anything. The one issue with mileage. They simply look at the trade in value that is affected by the mileage if you trade it in against the loan or contract amount. If I turned in a car and walked away, I would need to pay the overage for mileage.

I really think it is the dealership. VW has not given me any issues. My dealership does so much for me. They treat me with high respect and I am quite a perfectionist about my cars. I am sure that I make them crazy sometimes. All the more reason they know my car is going to be quality. But, they have kept me as a customer for 3 leases now. One day, I leased 2 cars at the same time. They will get the deal done.

Sorry about your experience. Next time, I would choose another dealer.
  • bggriffibggriffi Posts: 1
    Do you have April's money factor and residual for the Jetta sedan TDI Premium? 36 month/12k miles.

Does VW offer lease cash/incentives for Jetta leases?
  • royavellroyavell Posts: 2
    I am being offered a 2012 Jetta Se with convenience pkg/ sunroof with a cap of 21559.72, residual of 12806.10. My payments will be 245.57 plus tax. My down payment is $1388.92 (Acq 625, title, reg and inspection is $154, first pmt $260.92, doc fee $350). I have been battling a few different dealerships including one who tried to use my upfront payment of $625 to go against cap cost and stick the Acq fee into the lease and had me paying base $2429 a month. I am leary of anything they throw at me now. It looks like the res factor is at .58 if I am correct. Oh, my lease is 3yr/12K m.
  • pknopppknopp Posts: 13
    edited April 2012
    I turned in a Mazda MPV once on a 36 month lease. It had like 22,000 miles on it. Way under the allowed miles. The tires would have still passed inspection but they said they had to be replaced.

I found some super ugly all season white letter tires and put on it. They were super ugly and most likely caused the car to bring less money in the auction line than the factory tires would have.

On top of that they said that I had to provide an invoice in the vehicle. I did but they claimed it wasn't there. I told them then they must have lost it. They said that they didn't care that I had to provide it. I had to go back and get a copy. While I like Mazda's I've never bought another.
  • Car Man,

Can you please provide April Lease figures (Residual and Money Factor) for a '12 Jetta GLI and GLI Autobahn (w/o Nav)? Looking at 36 Month and 15K per year.

Can you please also advise what a good / realistic negotiated price would be to shoot for (I.E. Invoice +$500, Invoice, Invoice - $500, Etc.)?

Are there any lease incentives this month on Jettas?

Thanks for your help.
    Hello bggriffi. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan TDI Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing lease cash on some 2012 Jetta models, alas the TDI variant is not one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings texraider. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta GLI with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Jetta GLI Autobahn would be .00048 and 54%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of these cars.

If I was in the market for a Jetta right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • davivi23davivi23 Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man

Can you please provide the MF and Residual on a 2012 SportWagen SE w/ Sunroof for 36 months and 12k miles/15k miles?

Thank you very much for your help!
    I'd be happy to help you out davivi23. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta SportWagen SE w/sunroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • texraidertexraider Posts: 4
    Car_Man

Can you please provide May Lease figures (Residual and Money Factor) for a '12 Jetta GLI Autobahn w/o Nav (Automatic)? Looking at 36 Month and 15K per year.

Thanks
  • texraidertexraider Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

Possibly doing a deal on tomorrow (5/17) so any immediate assistance you can provide on the above reqeust would be very much apprecaited. Thank You!
    Hello texraider. Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jetta Sedan GLI Authbahn Auto with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.