Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• I have negotiated a deal for a 2012 Passat V6 SE without Nav

Cap Cost: $26,489
    Term: 36 months
    Down: $1000
    Payment $375

Thoughts??
  • racsracs Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Just wanted to share my deal. Leased 2012 Passat SE with out sunroof/Navigation.
    1000 Down
    250 for 35 months( including taxes)
    12,000 Miles per year
  • razcal1razcal1 Posts: 5
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car Man,

Is this a good deal?

2013 VW CC Sport Plus. MSRP $33,940. MF=0, Residual 54% 36 month lease. Agreed Price $30,000.

$1,248 due at signing. (Payment $325/month+tax)

The $1,248 = $325 1st month plus $625 Aquisition fee plus $225 Tag plus $73 Florida fee.

Thanks, Razcal

In Buying & Selling >
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi alrh0425. I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on this car for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and invoice price. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll run some calculations for you. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Razcal. The dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in is $32,533. If we subtract the $2,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it from that it drops to $30,533. So the selling price of $30,000 that you were quoted looks excellent.

The money factor that you were quoted looks excellent as well.

If you like the car, this looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car Man,

I'm in Los Angeles and looking at a 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium with a sticker price of $33,710. I've got them down to a sale price of $31,859 (supposedly $500 under dealer invoice and there are no incentives on TDI models). 1) Is this a good price and 2) Can you tell me what the current money factor (very highcredit score) and residual value (3 yr 12K) would be? Trying to figure out lease payments...

Thanks so much!!
    Hi aforbes400. You're right, there isn't any cash incentives available on Passat TDI models right now. $500 under dealer invoice would indeed be a very attractive selling price on a 2013 Passat TDI...though you may want to double check the invoice price that you were quoted with the figures that are listed here at Edmunds.com.

VW Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00157 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • enpostenpost Posts: 3
    Hi
    Could you tell me the dealership? We are looking for 12k miles and sunroof and would love to pay $300 a month with first monthly payment at signing. I am in nj. Is this number realistic for a 2012?
  • That's a big help, Car Man. That is exactly what they quoted me on the money factor and residual value. As for the invoice price quoted, it was spot on with what edmunds had listed. Sounds like it's a decent deal...

Thanks for your help!
  • Just closed the following on a 2012 Passat SE with Sunroof (No Nav).

500 due at signing (that's first payment, taxes, title - I have to pay for my tags when it comes in (~$40))
    $268 per month for the next 35 months
    12,000 per month

My taxes are 6.75%

Thoughts on the deal?
  • enpostenpost Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    KMS does 268 a month include tax?
  • That's great aforbes400. You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
  • Yes. 268 is all in. it was 500 out the door (tax, tag and title) and 268 per month (including tax)
  • Hi Car Man,
    I am going to plan on leasing a VW Passat this month. I won't finalize anything though until it gets your blessing as a good deal! I am a young woman that does not want to be taken advantage of at the dealership.
    With that being said...first off should I focus on leasing a 2012 or 2013 2.5L SE Passat. My understanding is that there are little differences between the two. My goal is ultimately lowest payment with $0 down.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Hi cargirl123. I completely understand. While there's probably not much of a difference between leasing a 2013 and a 2012 model at this point, I suspect that the '12 sill be slightly cheaper. I'd probably go that route if I was in the market for a Passat.

Once you have figured out which one you want, hop on over to the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com and look up the MSRP and dealer invoice price for the car you want, exactly as you want it equipped. Add a few hundred dollars to the invoice price, subtract any available cash incentives and have the dealer work up your payment using that number and the car's buy rate lease money factor.

I can provide you with much of this information, once you get the model and pricing figured out.

Car_man
    Host
  • As a general rule if you were to BUY the car you would almost always do better to purchase a leftover (In this case the 2012) than a new model year. In the case of leasing this is not often the case. This is especially true when the car in question has no major changes for the new model year. The reason is that with a lease you are paying for the car minus what it is worth at the end of the lease. In this case, the 2012 car would be one model year older at the end of the lease so it would be worth less. You are wise to move cautiously when dealing with Car Salesman. Take your time and make sure you check ALL the math. Often people in the car business will make a deal seem better by adding charges or extending the term. In the case of a lease make sure you keep in mind that need to plan for changes in your life during the term of the lease that might cause you to go over the mileage allowances. In addition get some independent reviews of the dealer and lease company as to how picky they are when you return the car at the end of the lease.The internet has many sites to help you with this. Some low cost lease companies nail you for every little thing they can when you return the car. I have had friends that had charges well over a thousand dollars for tiny stone chips and tires that were 75% saying they needed to replace all four. I know there are many good and honest car dealers out there. But you need to protect yourself from the dishonest ones. Good luck!!
  • Thank you so much.
    Please let me know what you think of this deal.
    MSRP - $26,400
    Lease End Value - $14,784
    Initial Cap Cost - $25,824.55
    LMF: .00022
    Term: 36
    Miles: 12,000 per year
    Money Down: $500, but I would also have to give $1100 to be whole on my trade in since they will only give me $10,000 for my trade in and my balance on my loan is 11,000.

Vehicle - 2013 SE no nav or sunroom. Just their basic SE with leatherette.

Thanks!
  • Hello, I have a 2012 SE Passat with NAV and sunroof and paid $850 down (which incl our first mo payment) and got a 36mo/10000k lease for $320 (incl tax) a month payment in January 2012. I just got word from my dealer that they'd like to take my car and put me in a 2013 SE Passat with NAV and sunroof 36mo/10000k lease for $329 (incl tax) a month, with only $329 down, which would count as my first month's payment. Other than signing another lease, whereby extending the time of leasing this car and the additional $9 a month, can someone see any reason not to do this?
  • Can you please post the lease rates for the 2013 VW Passat 2.5L SEL? I would like a 36 month lease with 10K miles per year.
    Thank you!
  • You're welcome cargirl123. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of only a little over $1,000 between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car and you have a total of around $2,000 to play with in your negotiations.

Is the initial cap cost that you provided this car's straight selling price, or does it include fees and or taxes? If it doesn't include any fees then I definitely think that you can do better. If it does then I will have to reevaluate.

VW Credit's top tier buy rate for a 36-month lease of this car is only .00015, but the factor that you were quoted isn't much higher than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi truetao. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00015 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,
    Thank you for your assistance. I ended up leasing the car before I heard back from you. I hope that the ultimate lease deal I got was good in your opinion. I am guessing I probably could of done better. :(
    Central Florida was a tough market to negotiate in. I ended up dealing with three different dealers. The best that one dealer would give me was $0 down, $347 a month for a 2012. It was a good deal, but the colors they offered were horrible. The other dealership was extremely sleazy and their numbers made zero sense...so bad that they should have been embarrassed. The dealership that I signed with seemed to be the most reasonable. I did use the $347 a month deal to work down the final deal. The final deal came from the same dealership that initially wanted me to give $1600 down, which by the end of the week changed to $355 down. Please note that I had a car that I decided to trade in as oppose to privately sell because I didn’t want to deal with the hassle of it. The KBB on the car was $8,800 and my payoff was $11,134.00…so had negative equity.

Final Deal that I took:
    2013 VW Passat Se (no navigation or sunroof)
    MSRP: $26,400
    Money Factor: .00015
    Residual: 56%
    Lease End Value: $14,784
    Initial Cap Cost $25,212.11
    Total Trade Allow: $11,135.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $26,560.61
    Down Payment at signing: $355.00
    Fees in Cap Cost: $1,348.50
    Doc Fees: $236.50
    Total Monthly Payment: $355.00
  • Car Man,
    I am trying to lower my car payments by trading in a 2012 VW EOS for a lease on a Passatt. According to the dealership, I have negative equity of about $3700 after a $2000 loyalty discount on the lease. I am looking at a 2013 Passatt SE and they want $600 down and $420/month with 15K miles. The 2013 Passatt S was only $379 with $600 down and 15K miles. Why is the SE so much more expensive when the MSRP is only about $1500 more? Is $420/mo a good deal? I was thinking $400 would be about right. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • As another benchmark for those in the market, my wife an I leased a 2013 VW Passat SE w/ sunroof and nav on 9/30 in the Phoenix-metro area. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but lease was for 15K miles and MF was .00015 (can't recall residual). MSRP of $28,060. I believe cap cost was at or about $25,700 with lease incentive of $1K on leases for '13 Passat SE (good through end of October as I understand it). Payments are $370 (with tax). We made first payment at signing, but nothing else down. Hope this helps others.
  • truetaotruetao Posts: 23
    Thank you very much, Car_man.
    I appreciate your help.
  • I was looking for info on turning in my passat. Not that I really want to but my job situation has changed and I am having a hard time affording the payments. I am only 1 year into a 3 year lease. How bad am I going to get raked over the coals..... thanks
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,653
    What are your payments? Have you tried lease trader or swap a lease? They charge a fee, but will help get someone to take over your payments.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• My payment is $530/ month.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,653
    Ouch! How many miles per year is the lease for? $0 down?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• MSRP - $34,800
    Lease End Value - $18,835
    Initial Cap Cost - $30,356 (After $1750 in lease incentives)
    LMF: .00015
    Residual: 54%
    Term: 36
    Miles: 15,000 per year
    Other Fees ~$1200 for Acq. and dealer fees
    Money Down: First Payment

Just completed this deal for a Candy White/Beige Interior
This discussion has been closed.