Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car_Man

I'm not sure if there would be a difference between financing the WAGON versus the SEDAN... but.. er...

Would you know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Sedan with 12,000 miles? 15,000 miles?

Cheers and thanks!
  • No problem, timmboj.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi cavalierfh. The programs for the Sedan and Wagon are different. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Car_Man, have the Wagon numbers changed for March?
  • carrerahcarrerah Posts: 23
    Hi all - looking at Passats - Sedan and Wagons. The deals right now seem pretty good, and they now come with the DSG trans.

Can someone post current lease rates? I saw February numbers and would like to know if they have improved at all.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi timmboj. VW Credit's March lease program for the 2010 Passat Sedan is exactly the same as it was in February.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello carrerah. Here's the info that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00004 and 44%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Passat Wagon are .00015 and 43%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Sedan and $500 on leases of the Wagon.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car_Man -- what are April's VW Credit's lease numbers (MF and residual) for a 2010 Passat Sedan; 36 month term: 15K annual miles; $0 down. Any incentives? Thank you sir!
    Hello slamshifter. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Passat Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are an incredibly low .00009 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "A" credit tier.

In April, Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • nosfera2nosfera2 Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Greetings,

I own a 2007 TL (paid out, i own it) and would like to trade that in for a VW Passat 2010 lease. I'm new to this stuff, and I'm wondering if such a thing is possible. Am I able to sell my TL to VW and then just opt for a Passat lease? If I sell the car to VW, how does that work; do they give me a check for the value of the car or do I get in-store credit or something?

Is this a wise thing to do or should I just give it in to Carmax? When trading the car in, should I expect to get blue book dealer trade-in value? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
  • uclaticouclatico Posts: 2
    Sorry, I know there must be a million questions like this. But I just had twins and don't have time to research too long about the best deal. Here's a quote I received. Please let me know if you think it's fair:

2010 VW Passat Wagon
    4,000 down (my choice because this portion is a gift from a family member)
    36-month lease, 10,000 miles per year.
    No options.

Total: $373.12

It seems like there's room for negotiation, but if I had a number in mind or I can say that I know that this is considered high, that would help.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
    -New sleepless dad.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,195
    Sell your tl to carmax or the dealer and put the cash in the bank. Then negotiate the lease on the passat with everything rolled into the lease. Do not apply the trade in money into the lease. You are probably better off trading your tl in to purchase the passat. There are good deals on buys -- not so good on leases.
    Greetings sleepless dad. As a father of two, I can sympathize ;) . It must be even harder with twins.

The easiest way for us to evaluate this deal would be to take a look at the MSRP and selling price that this lease is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers make it easier to see how much of a dealer discount you are being given and if there is any room left to negotiate.

If you can't get these numbers, at least provide us with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact car that you want (available here) and we can work up a lease payment for you using VW's actual program that you can use as a point of reference.

Car_man
    Host
  • uclaticouclatico Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man. Still not getting much sleep, but we are slowly getting the hang of parenting.

The quote was based on an MSRP of $29,505 and a sale price of $27,548.

Thanks!!
    Overstock is providing me a quote of 3k off msrp -- check it out.
    No problem uclatico. Thanks for the additional information. This car probably has a spread of a little under $2,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Let's call it $1,900. Add to that the $500 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of the 2010 Passat Wagon and you have a total of around $2,400 to play with in your negotiations.

The selling price that you were quoted appears to be right around $500 over invoice, which is a pretty good deal. Just make sure that the dealer uses VW Credit's buy rate lease money factor of .00019 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • nosfera2nosfera2 Posts: 2
    Jayrider: Thank you for your feedback. I'll get a quote from Carmax and see how much the dealer would give me if I decide to sell it to them.

As for overstock, I never knew they have car deals. They certainly are about 3k off MSRP, is that a real deal? Anyone have any experience with cars.overstock?

Thanks again :)
    Overstock gives you a way to contact the dealer-- costs zero to check. Or take the price to another dealer and see if they will match it.
  • billybobiibillybobii Posts: 6
    What is a reasonable lease for this car at the moment?

Thanks

BB
  • nom2nom2 Posts: 13
    Car man-

I'm looking to lease a 2010 passat wagon.
    Can you please tell me the May MF and res for 36mos and 12k miles?

Thanks,

Nom
This discussion has been closed.