Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• dvasilydvasily Posts: 2
    Hi,

Could you tell me is this a good lease offer for Passat SE Automatic 2.5L 2013
    12K/year, 745.00 total down your payment is 219+ tax @ 36 month.

Thanks a lot
  • cambo562cambo562 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,
    I was wondering if you could tell me what price I should be looking to be at with 2013 Passat TDI Premium Lease. The terms I am looking for is, 36 months, 12,000miles/year and zero down? Thank you Sir!
  • Hi CarMan....what is the current MF and Residual for a 2013 Passat SEL Premium V6. Looking at 36 months with 12K or 15K/year. Thanks
  • melech37melech37 Posts: 18
    edited March 2013
    Do I subtract the incentive from the price I offer the dealer? Does the incentive then get sent by VW to the dealer? How does the dealer know my low offer has already subtracted the incentive, so he doesn't feel I'm making an undoable low offer?

Melech
  • koebotkoebot Posts: 3
    Carman,

I would also like to know the April residual and MF on a 36mo/15k Passat V6 SEL Premium lease.

Thanks
  • Hi Car_man

Can you post the money factor and residual for Passat 2.5L SE 12,000 miles per year 36 months.

And are there any incentives?

Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another $500 cash incentive for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cambo562. Let me know what this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price are as you want it equipped and I'll use Volkswagen's lease program to work up a payment on it for you.

You can find that pricing data here: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bankboy66. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL Premium V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

VW is providing a $2,250 cash incentive on leases of the '13 Passat V6 for everyone plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Melech. Cash incentives should be taken into account when negotiating with dealers. If I was in the market for a Passat right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over the dealer invoice price that is listed here minus any available cash incentives. Just be specific about the structure of your offer and the dealer will know whether they can do it (they should be able to in an area that has any competition).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koebot. VW Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $2,250 cash incentive on leases of this car for all consumers plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go justwatching. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this model for all consumers plus another $500 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man -

Apologies for asking again, unfortunately I am going to miss the April deals by a few days. If you happen to stop by in the early days of May can you post the money factor for the Passat SE and SEL for 12,000 miles and 36 months.

Thank you.
  • koebotkoebot Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Can you please post the May top tier lease MF and RV for a 15k mile, 36 month lease of a Passat V6 SEL Premium?

Thank You
    Don't worry about it, justwatching. I'm always happy to help.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 4-cylinder SEL are the same.

There's a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of both of these cars plus Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on them as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure koebot. VW Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SEL Premium 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,000 cash incentive and the waiver of your first month's payment into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • thebellythebelly Posts: 10
    Car_Man, do you happen to know whether VW offers a 36 month lease with 9,000 miles per year on a 2013 2.5L SE? And if so, what would be the mf and residual?

Another dumb question, how does the lease cash incentive work? Does it have any affect on calculating the residual value? Or is it simply used to lower the selling price of the car?

Thanks,
  • saucemangsaucemang Posts: 12
    Passat s Appearance package msrp 23xxx (no options)... 10k a year / 180.00 total out of pocket / monthly payment 249.00 total including tax tags etc.... could i get this lower, also my wife owns a vw, would i qualify for the loyalty discount??? how is this deal overall?

thanks
    Hi thebelly. Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00007 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I've never seen a lease with 9,000 miles per year.

Cash incentives on leases have no impact upon vehicles' residual values, which are calculated based upon a straight percentage of MSRP, they just lower the negotiated price.

Car_man
    Host
  • bossman141bossman141 Posts: 53
    I know we are not supposed to lease based on payment but, here's the deal I got today on Long Island.

Passat SE w/Sunroof - $255 a month 36/12k $1800 due at signing.

$1800 covers Tax and Bank fee.
  • al2400al2400 Posts: 1
    Hi, would you be able to tell me the dealer on Long Island you went to?
    Platinum VW in Hicksville. Awesome experience. PM me if you would like the salesman's name.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,715
    I also helped a friend lease a Tiguan from Platinum. If you do your research, they will give you a fantastic price. Their sales guys are friendly & knowledgeable.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• irg2irg2 Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I see VW is advertising the Passat with the Appearance Package (automatic, alloys) for $249/month, nothing down, 1st month lease waived, no security deposit. 39 month lease, which is ok, as long as I get a full 3 month warranty to fill the gap.

I have a local dealer who has an advertised price to buy it for $19799 which seems good. The VW lease doesn't include taxes and in NYS, that's 8% which then raises the lease to $268, not bad but I'd rather not be much over $250 - splitting hairs perhaps.

What are the chances this lease will be here in June, when my Camry lease is over? I was hoping I would have some equity in the Camry to apply to the lease, it is a 2011 LE 4 cyl auto w/alloys with only 25k miles on it, really mint condition in and out. But most dealers tell me there's no equity or they might take a loss (payoff to Toyota is $14,269).

So I guess the questions is the Passat lease a good one, can it get better, and how can I negotiate any equity on my lease? Also, my dealer has a lot of the Passat's with the SE package, at $20,999 - they might lease for close to the S model perhaps. Sorry if I'm rambling...
    Man this place is dead. Another question - how is Volkswagen Financial as a company overall?
    See my post above.

Leased a 2013 SE w/sunroof for $255 a month. Put down Taxes and a couple fees. Total OOP ended up being $1650

Had a great experience.

VW Financial did my lease. Was in and out of the dealer in 30 minutes.
    Thanks Bossman! Seems like you got a pretty good deal. I test drove the Passat S w/appearance package today, and a Honda Accord LX. I gotta admit while I liked both, the Accord seems like the superior vehicle. Better gas mileage and it feels faster/the CVT is just quicker to respond. BUT, I did like both vehicles, it sort of depends how the two will lease out. I think the Passat will be cheaper, plus free maintenance for 3 years/roadside assistance and that is a bit of a plus. Was your lease for 36 months? I'd rather have the SE and maybe I'll see if I can get that for close to the Accord LX which is $278/month with nothing down, all taxes/fees included. Cheers.
    Just got a call from the VW dealer. Passat w/Appearance package for $240/month, 36 months, 12k/year taxes included as well, zero $ down. They might pick up my last month payment on my Camry too. Seems like a hard deal to pass up. I like the Accord more, but close to $40/month is something ($1440 technically) plus zero $ on maintenance is nice too. I just need to pick the color I guess.
    I had 3 Accords in the past and just didn't want another. My Acura got rear ended and I was given the Passat as a rental. We really liked it. It is immense, particularly in the backseat. We have 2 small kids and thought it was perfect.

I looked at the Altima, the Fusion, and the Mazda6. Just kept going back to the Passat. The car is loaded with features that the others were somewhat lacking in the mid level trims.

The free maintainence did factor in but, in all honesty, we're talking about 3 oil changes and tire rotations. The intervals are long.

Also loved the handling and the feel of the car.

The "sign then drive" program is for 39 months. VW makes the first payment so in essence, it's 38. My lease is 12k miles a year. I asked for 15k and the salesman told me not to do 15k because it will kill the residual. He then said at the 19th month, I will be offered by VW to buy extra miles if I need them and it will be added to the lease payment. Totally optional. Did not hear this at the other VW dealer I visited. Hope it's true lol.

Accord is a really nice car, especially the Sport.

On the SE Passat, you get the 17" wheels and nicer rims.

FYI - I would normally roll everything into my payment as you seem to be doing but, I ended up +$1800 when they totaled my Acura. To me it was found money and I just wanted to finish the deal as I needed a car by last weekend. Salesman was great too.
    Yeah if my budget wasn't so tight, I'd go for the SE model or even the 3.6 SEL. But truth is, I live in a small college town with too much traffic as it is, and my top speed (legal anyways) limit anywhere around is about 45 mph. I have 25k miles on my Camry after 3 years, and I even used my car for quite a few business trips, otherwise I'd probably have barely 15k on it, my commute is a whopping 5 miles one way.

The free maintenance is nice, but you're right, in the end it isn't much. Except on my Honda Odyssey (also lease), I had the service at 15k which I wasn't paying attention to, thinking it was another oil change maybe tire rotation, instead it cost me almost $500, none of it covered. I have spent $0 on my Camry, all maintenance was covered for 2 years, and then they just covered the last minor maintenance for free. I'm guessing the 30k miles service on a Toyota might cost more. Guess we won't have to worry about it with the Passat at all, which is nice. Does that also include a service like AAA? Nice for peace of mind, especially on longer trips.
This discussion has been closed.