Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi truetao. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00015 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man,
    Thank you for your assistance. I ended up leasing the car before I heard back from you. I hope that the ultimate lease deal I got was good in your opinion. I am guessing I probably could of done better. :(
    Central Florida was a tough market to negotiate in. I ended up dealing with three different dealers. The best that one dealer would give me was $0 down, $347 a month for a 2012. It was a good deal, but the colors they offered were horrible. The other dealership was extremely sleazy and their numbers made zero sense...so bad that they should have been embarrassed. The dealership that I signed with seemed to be the most reasonable. I did use the $347 a month deal to work down the final deal. The final deal came from the same dealership that initially wanted me to give $1600 down, which by the end of the week changed to $355 down. Please note that I had a car that I decided to trade in as oppose to privately sell because I didn’t want to deal with the hassle of it. The KBB on the car was $8,800 and my payoff was $11,134.00…so had negative equity.

Final Deal that I took:
    2013 VW Passat Se (no navigation or sunroof)
    MSRP: $26,400
    Money Factor: .00015
    Residual: 56%
    Lease End Value: $14,784
    Initial Cap Cost $25,212.11
    Total Trade Allow: $11,135.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $26,560.61
    Down Payment at signing: $355.00
    Fees in Cap Cost: $1,348.50
    Doc Fees: $236.50
    Total Monthly Payment: $355.00
  • Car Man,
    I am trying to lower my car payments by trading in a 2012 VW EOS for a lease on a Passatt. According to the dealership, I have negative equity of about $3700 after a $2000 loyalty discount on the lease. I am looking at a 2013 Passatt SE and they want $600 down and $420/month with 15K miles. The 2013 Passatt S was only $379 with $600 down and 15K miles. Why is the SE so much more expensive when the MSRP is only about $1500 more? Is $420/mo a good deal? I was thinking $400 would be about right. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • As another benchmark for those in the market, my wife an I leased a 2013 VW Passat SE w/ sunroof and nav on 9/30 in the Phoenix-metro area. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but lease was for 15K miles and MF was .00015 (can't recall residual). MSRP of $28,060. I believe cap cost was at or about $25,700 with lease incentive of $1K on leases for '13 Passat SE (good through end of October as I understand it). Payments are $370 (with tax). We made first payment at signing, but nothing else down. Hope this helps others.
  • truetaotruetao Posts: 23
    Thank you very much, Car_man.
    I appreciate your help.
  • I was looking for info on turning in my passat. Not that I really want to but my job situation has changed and I am having a hard time affording the payments. I am only 1 year into a 3 year lease. How bad am I going to get raked over the coals..... thanks
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,109
    What are your payments? Have you tried lease trader or swap a lease? They charge a fee, but will help get someone to take over your payments.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• My payment is $530/ month.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,109
    Ouch! How many miles per year is the lease for? $0 down?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• MSRP - $34,800
    Lease End Value - $18,835
    Initial Cap Cost - $30,356 (After $1750 in lease incentives)
    LMF: .00015
    Residual: 54%
    Term: 36
    Miles: 15,000 per year
    Other Fees ~$1200 for Acq. and dealer fees
    Money Down: First Payment

Just completed this deal for a Candy White/Beige Interior
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Posts: 33
    Bubbler86, what was the lease rate with tax?
  • Sorry, forgot to add that. With the $1200 fees rolled in it was about $385/Mo including the 7% tax.
    Others can please correct me if I seem wrong but I think that's an excellent lease rate considering you got 15K miles a year. Care to share the dealer?
  • I believe it was a great rate as well. I was trading a car in with a little negative equity so I needed to find the best deal I could before bringing the negative equity into it. I am paying more than the $385 due to the negative equity but I processed the deals seperately to keep the "money monkey business" at a minimum. At first I wanted a CC but after driving a few I noticed that delay in take off was just something I could not handle. I lthen ooked at a 2.5 SE and a 3.6SE Passat and realized I wanted to the 6 Cyl but they did not have the color combo I wanted in the 3.6 SE's so we had to jump to one of the SEL premiums and the rate really was not that much more...if I remember correctly it was about 350/mo for the 3.6 SE so about $35 more for the SEL Premium. The Lease Cash from VCI really makes the deals much better. The dealer was Aristocrat VW in Sanford, FL. All that really matters is what they will sell it for...the Residual and MF are both set by VCI, assuming one has good credit.
  • Hey cedarsmoker. Volkswagen Credit's current lease program on the 2013 Passat SE is slightly worse than its program on the Passat. That combined with the car's higher MSRP probably account for most of the difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're welcome truetao.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello I was wondering if anybody could tell me if this is a good deal on 2013 Passat Sel Premium

$2500 down
    $399 per month
    Sale price $29,763
    Residual $17,763
    12k miles/yr

Any input much appreciated

Thanks
  • Hi Car Man -
    I am looking to lease a 2013 Passat SE (no sunroof or Nav.), Neg. price 22,800
    Residual 14602.
    Right now I have the dealer at 240 month for 35 months (after taxes ), and $2000 drive off (including 1 months payment and all taxes and fees). I really would like to lower the drive off to $100o month. Do you think this is possible?I live in Los Angeles CA
    Thank You,
    Sarah
  • stillystilly Posts: 7
    Did you include the "other fees" of $1200 in your Initial Cap Cost? Or did you later have to add in for Total Cap Costs?
    Is the VCI $1750 or $1000 ??
    I'm looking at a 2012 V6 SE with Nav and Sunroof since MF is .00009
    Does anyone know the RES for 15k a year on the 2012?
    TigerTonee,
    That lease rate is high. Your capitalization cost which is the sale price minus your down payment would be $27,263.00. A lease rate based off of this should be closer to the $330 - $350 per month range, assuming your credit is tip top.
This discussion has been closed.