Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car man,

Can you please post the current Money Factor and Residual for a 2013 Passat 2.5L SE Auto for 36 months with 12K? Thank you!
  • Certainly sprinkler13. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on it. VW is waiving the first month's payment right now as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings bahn517bo. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Passat Sedan 2.5L SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00009 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,250 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man...thanks for the november numbers earlier but it looks like I'll be waiting a couple more weeks. When available, can you post the December numbers for both 12k and 15k miles on a Passat SE? Thanks
  • Thank you Car man. I will def factor in the incentive + waiver into my negotiations.
  • Hi everyone,
    Trying to figure out if this is a good deal and if I should sign off on it or not. Any suggestions? Your feedback is much appreciated.

MSRP: 26110
    Sale Price: 22575
    Cap Cost Reduction: 0
    Gross Cap Cost (rolling in acquisition fee): 23200
    Residual: 55% / 14360.5

12k / 35 months. There is a $1250 cash incentive going on right now + 1st month payment waived.
  • What is the monthly payment?
  • bahn517bobahn517bo Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    monthly payment, depending on which scenario I go with, 1 or 2:

1. Not including acq fee + doc fee:
    - Gross Cap: $22,495 (updated figure)
    - Monthly fee: $249 (including tax)
    - ~1k drive offs

2. Including acq fee + doc fee:
    - Gross Cap: $23,200
    - Monthly fee: $270.77 (including tax)
    - ~$380 drive offs

Trying to see if there is anymore room for negotiation considering the $1250 incentive that the dealers are obviously figuring into their price too. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
  • You have better pricing in your area. I have two competing dealers not willing to go below $22600 sale price ($26110 msrp).

Option 1, you are paying your tax upfront. You risk losing the tax amount in case of total loss.

Option 2, you are financing your tax amount at 0.22% taking away the risk of losing it in case of total. VW is paying for your first payment so you get $21 more from VW with option 2.

Another thing to consider is VW is paying for your first monthly payment.
    Your number of payment for the monthly fee should be 35 and not 36. Make sure you state it up front. I bet the $380 include the first month payment the dealer want to take it from you.

Here's a simple calculator you can use http://www.leaseguide.com/calc_pda.htm

The residual value should be 55% of $26110=$14360.5
    If you plug in $0 for cap cost reduction and a tax rate at 8.75% and
    interest rate of 0.22 % you get $271 round up..

Good luck with your deal.
  • Hi Tuxmask,
    I appreciate your feedback, especially about whether to capitalize or not capitalize the acquisition fee. I guess I will since the first month payment is waived anyways.

The $380 is actually for DMV fees, and those are the total drive-offs. We've already clarified that the first month payment is waived SEPARATELY from the drive-offs, so I don't think that should be a problem.
  • Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to share my final lease agreement with everyone. I was excited about the deal I got, and I want to see what you think about it.

MSRP: 26110
    Proposed Sale Price: 22250
    Cap Cost Reduction: 0
    Gross Cap Cost (rolling in acquisition fee and doc fee of $705): 22955
    Residual: 55% / 14360.5
    Other fees: $289 out-the-door

12k / 35 months. 1st month payment waived. Comes out to $263.28 / month

This website was great and instrumental in getting this deal done. Will definitely pass it along to others looking to lease.
  • We are currently looking to lease the 2013 SEL Passat for 36 months. I am not sure what the lease price should be - does anyone have any ideas for us? I know the SE with the appearance package is now $239, but we were interested in the SEL. Advice? Thanks!
  • how many miles/yr?
    what is included in the convenience package?

thanks
  • 12k and and iPod hookup and some radio settings. Nothing too crazy
  • thanks. i was offered a similar price for 10k, not sure if it had convenience..hmmm..

what part of the country was this in? sounds like you got a decent offer- did you take the lease? which did you decide on?
  • The $239 is the advertised price in South Fl. We are looking for the SEL which is a step up package. Car price is around 29K. We are leasing for 36 months, 15k miles a year. Anyone know a great lease amount to expect?
  • Looking for lease ifo on 6 cylinder sel. 36 month, 10 k miles per year. 0 down. Taxes in pmt.
  • Somewhat confused as to where the incentives of $1250 went. Shouldn't that be a cap cost reduction? Or did the "sale" price already factor that in?
  • What is residual and mf on 2013 passat 3.6se with navigation. 12k miles, 36 months.

Thanks!
  • I gave a deposit today for a 2013 Passat SE with Leather, Nav and Sunroof. 36 months/15k miles. Zero down, but the deposit is the first month's payment (they didn't have the color in stock that we wanted so I paid the deposit/first month to get it in).
    Final payment with tax, tags, etc. is $365 a month for 36 months. Good? Bad? I also had two payments left on my current lease for a total of $700. What do you all think?
This discussion has been closed.