Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• disladisla Posts: 55
    Hi,

I took a delivery of Touareg Sport on 7/23 with all weather mats and hitch pkg, MSRP $46300:
    36 mo lease, 12K miles/y
    total out of pocket(incl. taxes, fees and 1st month's payment) $3000
    $516/mo + Road Hazard pkg(tire and rim protection) $19 = $535

I was shopping for a replacement of my totaled Audi Q5 and could not refuse such a sweet (IMHO) deal. Please let me know if you need any referral, I do have a very close relationship with my VW dealer, having bought several cars from them.
  • lpolelpole Posts: 3
    Thanks for the information. I ended up getting lux my payment is $739. My previous lease is what messed my deal up. I was well over my negotiated lease terms. (15k miles). I put 4500 down. :(
  • lpolelpole Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info Craig.
  • Hello Car_Man, can you please kindly post lease money factor and residual value for 2011 Touareg Sport and Lux. 36 mo, 12k per year. Thank you
  • I'd be happy to help you out, jakachka. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Touareg Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00095 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Touareg Lux are .00096 and 44%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the significant $4,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kubicakubica Posts: 1
    My wife and I are looking for a 36 month/10k miles yr. lease on a new (2012) V6 Lux, and were quoted the following:

$995 total out of pocket
    $705/month, including MI 6% sales tax

We're eligible for the VW supplier discount, which is supposedly dealer invoice.

Our salesman told us all of their Toureg's are priced identically (based on trim level), as none are ordered w/ any accessories, so we could have our pick of any V6 Lux in their inventory.

I'd like to run the numbers myself to see if this is a decent deal, but I have no idea what the MF and residual was that was used to calculate the price (September rates).

Can someone please advise on whether this is an honest deal? We'd like to pull the trigger soon, so any help/input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • kells1973kells1973 Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hi:

Could you please let me know the residual for a 48 month 15 k lease and the money factor for a 2012 Toureg Sport.

Thanks
  • Hi kells1973. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 Touareg Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 40%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car Man:

Would you consider a price of 42,811 from an original sticker of 46600 a good deal?
  • Hello Carman et. al,
    Looking at a 2011 TDI Lux.
    Appears there is no leasing program or the corresponding 4500 incentive.
    Is there only the $1500 model year end dealer cash on the TDI Lux? Any clue when that may go up?
    Any Leasing or Finance specials on the 2012s?
    thanks!
  • vvorlovvorlo Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Trying to buy a V6 2012 LUX model. My goal was to roll everything into monthly payment with 0 down. I want 36 months lease with 12K miles/year. The first offer I got at dealership was $876 and my response was "Are you nuts?" They came back with $713/month with $1,251 first payment. I am still not happy as I calculated that my payment should be around $660/months. I have offer from Acura for Acura MDX for $560/months with 0% down. The difference in MSRP is 18%, so how come this people offer me $713?? I like Toureg much better and I am willing to pay $100/month more but not 150 or 200$ more.
  • Interested in leasing an Exec model that has an MSRP of $59,695. Dealer is saying the sell price is $56,424. I've asked for 36 months with 12k miles per year and they came back with $1,288 out of pocket and $943/month. I'm told that the money factor is 0.00195 and the residual is 54%. Excess mileage would be $0.25/mile and it costs $350 to walk away from the car -assuming no excess mileage or wear & tear. Can you help me make sense out of this? It seems like this is about $100/month too high based on some other vehicles I'm looking at. Are there any rebates on this model with a lease in the Northeast - NY? Thanks in advance for your help!
  • You're welcome kells1973. That's not bad. You're probably at a little over $1,000 over dealer invoice or so. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this deal by a little if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • vvorlovvorlo Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    I got a better deal for TDI Lux, but I want a VR6. My offer for TDI Lux was $819/month with $2000 first payment. I am looking to pay below $690/m for gasoline Lux ($2000 first payment). Tax rate for my county is 7.25%. There is $2500 lease incentive for VR6 which is not available for TDI (expires 10/31)
  • Hey Car Man

Can you help me out with some lease figures Please?
    2012 V6 Sport with NAV
    3 yr lease
    15k miles yr.

Is $40k a good price for this vehicle?

Thanks as always for your help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited November 2011
    I'd be happy to help you out ttribeca. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over dealer invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car_Man

Appreciate your help with this one. What would be the lease terms (MF and residual) for a Touareg VR6 Lux (around $50K sticker) for 36 mos, 12K/yr with an option for 10K/yr. Any incentives in FL?

Thanks so much for your help.
  • Hey beetlemania2. I'd be glad to help. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg VR6 Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00065 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • WE JUST LEASED A 2012 V6 / WITH NAV . AND THE $460.00 PROTECTION PACKAGE, STICKER WAS $ 46,231. Volkswagen paid of my 3 remaining lease payments on our 2009 Passat wagon ( $421.00 mo. ) gave me an additional $500.00 customer loyalty discount. 12000 miles per year, sales tax rolled into lease payment and only $216.00 out of pocket, our drive away monthly payment is $609.00 / 36 months.
  • I need current VW lease rates on 2012 Touareg TDI Lux. Last month could have gotten 0.00093 MF and 53% residual on 12k or 51% residual on 15K miles, and about 4000 off MSRP; what can I get this month??
  • Hi grassypond. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg TDI Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00128 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • gti329gti329 Posts: 8
    Hey Car_Man,

First time to consider leasing a VW. Do they lease well? Can you confirm the January mf/residual for the VR6 LUX/Executive with 12k/36month? Any incentives? Any insight for February?

Thanks,
    XOGRADY
  • I appreciate your response car_man. Decided to purchase the Touareg at 0% financing. Got a very nice discount and the 0%. Overall a better deal.
    Thanks
  • Car_Man,

Can you advise February mf/residual for VR6 Lux/Executive models?

Thanks,
    XOGRADY
  • Car_man:

Can I Get the February Mf and Residual for a touareg tdi in lux or exec trim? 12k miles a year thank you for your help!
  • what dealership did you get this deal at? are you a return customer?
  • Hi XOGRADY. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg VR6 Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00076 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the Executive model are exactly the same.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

The residual values for this truck definitely are not great. The decent money factor and cash incentive help to offset that somewhat, but I wouldn't say that this is a great vehicle to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome grassypond.

Car_man
    Host
  • You certainly can redealmaker. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of any 2012 Touareg TDI with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • genixgenix Posts: 4
    Edmunds has helped me greatly, and thought id give a little bit back

VR6 Sport Base

MSRP - 44500
    Cap Cost : 38500
    3000 down
    .00055 MF

$530/mo including CA tax
This discussion has been closed.