Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

Comments

• Looking to lease a TDI Touareg and am really having a hard time finding a reasonable deal... Even willing to buy it anywhere in the country to take advantage of ANY lease deal available. Do you have any insight that I might have not thought about to approach this deal? I wouldn't be happy with the gas model and really can't afford the all out payment of full purchase finance. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi dchasman. Volkswagen really isn't providing any support on TDI models right now. The TDI Touareg is particularly expensive. If you're looking for an affordable vehicle, this certainly is not it. Even if you were able to get an amazing deal on this truck like getting it for close to dealer invoice, which I doubt is possible, it still would be expensive to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • amxamx Posts: 8
    Is there a cash incentive for sales as well? I negotiated a selling price, but when I ask about the lease cash, the dealers mention there is a selling price cash discount of a similar amount that I would lose.
  • Hi amx. There is $4,500 dealer cash on purchases of the 2012 Touareg or $4,750 on leases of it. These two incentives cannot be combined.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking for 36 mo lease numbers (residual and money factor) for a 2012 or 2013 Toureg Lux. I've seen numbers posted for shorter leases, but could you please provide updated numbers for 15, 20 and 25k miles per year? Any additional feedback on a reasonable market price would be most appreciated. The 2012 dealer cash mentioned above doesn't appear to be a published promotion, so how exactly would this be applied?

Thank you in advance!
  • Hi davidg13. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00021 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00006 and 41%.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you will have to drive additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 model and $5,250 on leases of the 2012 model. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations. If it, you would be able to negotiate selling prices that are below invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you, Car_man. Can you tell me if the numbers are any different for the diesel? (Including applicability of the cash incentives.)

Again, thank you in advance and I appreciate the information you're able to provide to help consumers make a significant purchase.
  • You're very welcome davidg13. Volkswagen's lease program for the diesel Touareg are significantly different.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00157 and 46%.

There is not any currently cash incentives on Touareg TDI models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, would you please tell me the residual for a 10k mile lease on the 2012 Toaureg? I understand from above that the money factor is .00006 and $5,250 cash incentive.

Also, where is the best site for me to find the invoice prices?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited September 2012
    Certainly paradiddle7. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The $5,250 cash incentive on leases of this truck that you mentioned is correct.

As far as pricing goes, of course the best site to find information on vehicles' dealer invoice prices is Edmunds.com ;). As they say on the Fantasy Focus podcast...I'm a company man :). Here's a link to the pricing section of this site: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man. We pickup our Toaureg tomorrow. $5250 below invoice at 0.14% is just too good to pass up. It was the same price as my Audi Q5 but our payment is $165 cheaper because it leases that much better than the Audi.

Cheers
  • Car man,

I'm looking for a 12k mile/yr, 36 month lease on a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport with Nav. First pricing shown to me by the dealer is MSRP of $46,635 and Lease price of $39,899.

What should I be looking for to get a "Whoa! Crazy! Crazy!" deal? How much below invoice (which I believe is $44,347 based on Edmunds - company man) should I expect?

What should the residual value and money factor be coming in at?

Thanks!
    Dan
  • Sounds good to me, paradiddle7. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Dan. A selling price of $2,000 under invoice would be a good deal on this truck.

Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Touareg V6 Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00021 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd like to see if I am missing something here... Here's the lease deal:

MSRP $50k
    Sale price $42k
    36 months
    15k miles/year
    $530/month +tax
    $0 down + just inceptions

How is the price so low on a 2013 already? It's not like they have to move inventory. Are they just trying to increase market share or something bigger picture like that?
  • Car_man, would you please tell me the residual, MF and incentives for a 10k mile lease on the 2012 Toaureg V6 sport? Thanks!
  • Car_man can chime in but I just bought a 2012 V6 10k mile lease for 44%, $5250 incentive, and .0006 or 0.14% MF. I don't know if those numbers have changed since then. I bought it on Sept. 28th.

We really enjoy the car too. We like it a lot more than our Q5 that we got rid of.
  • Certainly lakeview88. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Touareg V6 Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00006 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take the massive $5,250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Looking for a 2012 Touareg Executive
    MSRP $56395
    Sale price $47100

They are quoting me a residual on 15K @ 40% and a MF of 0.00009. Acquisition fee: 685
    Comes up to $750. No money down. First month on VW. Out of pocket cost ZERO. what do you think?

RF
  • Hi car_man, can you please post november residual and mf for 2012 toureg v6 sport with navigation lease 10k and 12k a year.
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.